Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn-Offs!

Options
  • 08-09-2008 12:42am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Is there something you do, or something about you physically, that's a turn-off for lads?

OK, I'll go first. My skin is pretty soft and smooth all over, except for one part of me, the soles of my feet. The other day I slid the bottoms of my feet on the bare skin of a lad and he yelped, claiming they felt like sandpaper! Well, I've been in taekwondo (and more recently iaijutsu) since about 10 years old, and sliding my bare feet on the mats for all those years has made the soles of my feet a bit rough.

What about you? If lads want to join in and offer something about themselves or their lady friends, by all means comment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I scratch myself like I have fleas apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Ha ! That would be a turn off alright !

The tough skin on the feet isn't the best I have to say, especially if its crusty !

Hairy arm pits or legs is a turn off also. Thats all i can really think of at the moment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I have the ugliest feet ever! I'm average height but my shoe size is 9.5 (US) and most of it is toes. One time someone looked down at my feet and said "Wow, you have tree-climbing toes". So unless a guy is into monkeys my feet would be a turn-off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Monkeys are cool, but not in a sexual way, cos that's just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Monkeys are cool, but not in a sexual way, cos that's just weird.

/Awaits MonkeyFudge

Hairy armpits are the worst for me by a long shot
    I know two girls have webbed toes, thats horrible

Both of those though are generally rare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Feet in general don't turn me off but long toenails do. Ugh *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

Apparently I don't speak my mind enough. :(

Also about the rough feet, use a pumice stone while in the shower (save it for last after washing everything else). Works wonders!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Kotick wrote: »
    Also about the rough feet, use a pumice stone while in the shower (save it for last after washing everything else). Works wonders!
    Hi Kotick! Yes, that would eventually remove the roughness from the soles of my feet, but then I would have to quit taekwondo and iaijutsu, or bloody the mat with my newly tender feet. Everything in life has a price to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

I dunno about that. A pumice stone is just meant to remove the loose stuff, I'm not suggesting that you try and remove your years upon years worth of callus structure you probably have going on.

I wear thongs everyday pretty much and even walk barefoot on occasion and my feet aren't very dainty but a pumice stone gets off that first layer of scratchyness making them more manageable than they were. So I doubt your feet would have to go through the process of getting used to the mat again. But if it's not that big of a deal then all is well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

i reckon a lot of girls have the sandpaper feet from heels and stuff too.... your soles need to be a little rough apparently to stop stuff penetrating them (words of a chiropodist not me)

• Advertisement

Men who like the look of me, have told me that they are put off by me being opinionated.
    I am if you get to know me, but I'm generally apathetic and have a live and let live attitude to other peoples. So they are describing just simply having opinions as a problem.

Also men are put off chatting me up because I tend to be sober.

I'm not delicately built, I imagine that puts people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Turn off for a lad? A whole yard.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

my appearance in general. i dont put a lot of effort into it, and tend to look somewhat messy, or dishevelled. my clothes are mostly mde for males a couple of sizes bigger than me, and i have a number of tattoos and piercings which can be construed as a bit odd, and are apparently a large turnoff (my only 'feminine' tattoo is well hidden fom the masses).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Bad breath and BO would be the big two turns offs. Along with hairy toes... yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i can get a little overexcited about food, eat too fast, and end up burping for hours afterwards. very unladylike :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Puking.

Or more specifically guys when they're chatting you up, telling you that they have recently puked. I mean...why????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I like picking spots and blackheads... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Rayven199

BO is definately a turn off! Puking as well, I have seeing or hearing ANYTHING puke - even my dog, ill start to wretch myself and eventually puke unless I vacate the area where the puke is!!

Other than that theres not a whole lot that will put me off!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My wedding ring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Annoying trait about me: I talk too much; and am too amiable apparently:confused:

Guy i was seeing before hugged me when i got cross about something...said he was getting worried that i was always so calm and amiable and unphased by stuff and was glad to see I was normal!! who knew fieryness was attractive!!! I always do my best to keep my temper under wraps!!!

Them: well, this is an obvious one for me!!!!

HAIRY BACK AND SHOULDERS!!!!!!:D

Although, I overlooked them in the last guy i was with!! Aren't you all so proud of me!! But he was special and twas quite a different scenario...and I knew he was that hairy so it didnt come as quite a shock!!! He was smaller than me heightwise also!! Love/Lust is blind i guess!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I'm curvy so to some thats a turn off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

no, im perfect ..... rofl:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Draw breath :rolleyes:

Only joking...one lad said I laughed too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Turn off for me is really skinny girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Turn off would be guys who don't listen, have BO and let themselves go in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Count yourself lucky your callus stays! Mine rips off every week or 2.. F*cking painful, and leaves me missing about 2 layers of skin in 1 place :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh, and was just thinking, i do hate my feet, actually, i have a weird walk and a slight (but masked) limp, which means that i put tonnes of pressure on weird parts of my feet, which then form these large calluses and stuff... rather unattractive indeed. but people rarely get to see my feet, in general, and am planning more ink to distract from the unprettiness in the general area too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

zippidy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

A turn off is skiffling, hocking (y'know that sound people make when they inhale all their flem and snot *ew*) and spitting.

And obesity, but is that non-PC to admit now? :?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

Guys who complain about how much they hate their job! I went to a week night speeddating thing (never again) and I got 16 guys telling me how much they hated their job but the money was great.

One guy also told me he was from Nenagh, but how would I know where that was being from Dublin because all Dublin girls are ignorant idiots (this was before I got a word out - at a Dublin venue ) Big turn off.

Advertisement