Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Anyone else's bump explode in the last while? Mine feels like it's doubled in size in the last week and is very definitely a bump now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

been tryin to reply for days., app wouldn't let me!! I have definitely exploded and i've stopped weighing myself because they dont seem to be worrying about it at my appointments so i'm not going to!

in the last 2days I've been feeling pretty fed up with pregnancy kauto, tired, achey and very emotional, just keep crying for no other reason than feeling I need to cry!!

on a positive note my partner has been able to feel the kicks for the last 10days or so and today he was shocked by the force of one he felt., think this is making it feel more real for him!!
    hope everyone else doing ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

deedless wrote: »
    Anyone else's bump explode in the last while? Mine feels like it's doubled in size in the last week and is very definitely a bump now.

Snap, add heart burn and bad sleeping into the equation. I def feel the baby is deciding my sleep pattern already :-( I think I've Monday blues to add to it all. (any good natural remedies for heartburn? I don't fancy drinking gallons of gaviscon over the next 4 months!)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

24 weeks, constantly wrecked tired :( (and then the husband is complaining that he's tired after minding the LO for half a day, hah. welcome to my world!)
    My bump is getting big, I'm afraid I'll be massive by the end (again)... *sigh*
    Also, selling my travel system if anyone of you ladies is interested, PM me - it's the entire package, pram, carrycot, car seat, car seat base, adapters, footmuff. Mamas+Papas Zoom. because a single buggy won't do us now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Another tired lady here :(

Totally different ball game when there are other children to be looked after. I can't be selfish anymore and take myself to bed on a whim. Note to all first timers in this thread TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT NOW! ;)

Also having trouble sleeping, not getting to sleep and sleep is restful but keep waking up a few times a night, uncomfortable, hips sore, thirsty, too hot, need bathroom ARRGGGHHHH! :)

It's all good though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Ditto on the bad sleeping. Hips and lower back were getting uncomfortable, so I got one of the special pillow things that goes under the bump, between the knees and behind your back. It's not fun trying to climb in and out of it in the middle of the night for toilet trips, but I think it's helping the back aches a little bit. Although still just waking up a lot in general :(

Little bit of heartburn creeping in now too, although the odd Rennie is keeping it under control for the moment.

Also getting a bit emotional and had a total meltdown over a lasagne episode last week which was totally ridiculous :confused:

Try adding buying a new house into the equation! I'm lucky to get sleep this week with all the drama.

Got a stomach bug. Great, just what I needed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

yamiki wrote: »
    Got a stomach bug. Great, just what I needed. :(

Yup, I've had two, it's pretty much hell on earth isn't it? I never get stomach bugs and have had 2 in 2 months, I knew my immune system would take a hit but this is ridiculous.

Hope you feel better soon, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Has anyone had a glucose test yet? Did you have to fast?

I was told to eat my breakfast before going in and just avoid anything sugary like fruit or juice. But just read on another forum that you should be fasting from the night before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

just going to copy and paste what I had on another forum :)

I done mine last week with my GP's nurse rather than doing it in hospital, I was told to fast from 12 the night before but ended up going from 10pm as I didn't have any food or tea! Was allowed water thank god! My blood test was at 9am and then had to drink that horrid glucose could barely stomach the stuff was about the size of a YOP bottle! went off then for an hour an returned feeling quiet ill, took my 2nd bloods and went and sat in the car for an hour as I couldn't find the energy to go anywhere to pass time. Done the 3rd and final set at 11am and was never as relieved to run to the closest shop for a roll and drink!!

Was pretty horrible experience for me I have to say and felt ill the rest of the day so make sure you bring someone with you in case you don't feel well after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Has anyone had a glucose test yet? Did you have to fast?

I was told to eat my breakfast before going in and just avoid anything sugary like fruit or juice. But just read on another forum that you should be fasting from the night before.

Do what your hospital tells you as they all have different rules for the GTT. I'm with the Rotunda and it's pretty much nil by mouth from 8pm the night before but other hospitals allow you water, breakfast etc.

Could see my belly moving with the kicks this evening. Very weird to see! Absolutely wrecked though. I got up after a nap today and realised I'd spent 18 of the previous 24 hours in bed.

Was out last night for a friends birthday and am shattered now today! kinda scared at how tired I will be once I hit the 8 month mark! also baby has started to really pack a punch! especially at night time when I'm trying to sleep :o

24+4 Just wondering if these symptoms are normal, has anyone had random leaky boob moments as i've noticed it once or twice at night just a wet stain in my top & my left ear keeps popping like i've water in it but I don't. Its very annoying.

E_M_K wrote: »
    24+4 Just wondering if these symptoms are normal, has anyone had random leaky boob moments as i've noticed it once or twice at night just a wet stain in my top & my left ear keeps popping like i've water in it but I don't. Its very annoying.

Yes leaky boobs here! First time pregnant so I started crying because my body is changing so much :o

I was a bit shocked to have it this early & when I asked a few mates they were saying they never had that issue so I was wondering. (also my first pregnancy) Only getting used to dressing myself now and not changing my mind a hundred times, lol,It really is a unique shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Time is flying along! Hard to believe we have only 3 months left!

was just about to post the same Kauto, in to the last trimester now, wahoo!
    is it bad that i'm starting to count down the weeks to maternity leave starting!

ainy wrote: »
    was just about to post the same Kauto, in to the last trimester now, wahoo!
    is it bad that i'm starting to count down the weeks to maternity leave starting!

Nope, I'm the same! :-) Can't wait to finish up! So excited now to meet our little baby. It's mad to think next Christmas we will have a 9 month old!

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Nope, I'm the same! :-) Can't wait to finish up! So excited now to meet our little baby. It's mad to think next Christmas we will have a 9 month old!

wow that just gave me a reality check!! better enjoy my nice tree this year, probably wont be able to decorate the bottom half of it next year!!

feeling huge right now and everyone I meet thinks i'm massive for 27wks, dunno what size i'm goin to be by the end!

I've a headcold, wondering can you take paracetamol? I've been using lemons/oranges & spoons of honey so far. Its amazing how fast the time is going, 10 working weeks left after Christmas, yeaaahhhh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Paracetamol is fine :)

E_M_K wrote:
    I've a headcold, wondering can you take paracetamol? I've been using lemons/oranges & spoons of honey so far. Its amazing how fast the time is going, 10 working weeks left after Christmas, yeaaahhhh!!!!

paracetamol is absolutely fine, nearly the only thing we can take!
    glad to see i'm not the only one counting down!

cool - thanks ladies. I'm excited & also scared that its come around so fast! I still have a very tidy bump as its my first too, still not really in maternity clothes bar jeans. I've my classes booked for the end of Jan so that will wake me up to reality of it all i'm sure. I hope to take the rest of 2015 off on maternity leave if I can afford it.

our classes are start of feb, cant wait for them cause i'm starting to feel a bit clueless about it all!!
    I have the same plan, should be back to work 4th of Jan 2016! got a bit excited when filling in the forms for it, couldnt believe I was writing 2016!!

wow its my first too and I am huge! definitely in maternity tops, although some jumpers I just bought in a bigger size and there still fitting, just about!! bought 2 work uniforms in 2sizes up and i'm starting to doubt if they'l last til the end!

Yep, paracetamol by itself is ok. Read the ingredients though as anti inflammatories and decongestants are contra indicated and you should probably stay away from caffeine too.

hello 3rd trimester!! :D how is everyone keeping? this lil guy is flat out these past few days kicking and moving feels great and seeing my boyfriends face when he feels it is the best feeling :)

hello 3rd trimester!! :D how is everyone keeping? this lil guy is flat out these past few days kicking and moving feels great and seeing my boyfriends face when he feels it is the best feeling :)

I am doing well other than having an awful cough the last 2 weeks which the doctor will give me nothing for, being pregnant. Other than that, feeling good! The sickness has finally gone and my little girl is also dancing away in there these days :-)

• Advertisement

I am doing well other than having an awful cough the last 2 weeks which the doctor will give me nothing for, being pregnant. Other than that, feeling good! The sickness has finally gone and my little girl is also dancing away in there these days :-)

hello 3rd trimester!!  how is everyone keeping? this lil guy is flat out these past few days kicking and moving feels great and seeing my boyfriends face when he feels it is the best feeling 

awe I know the feeling, seeing his face when he feels or even sees the kicks is just brilliant! he's so excited now, I love it!!
    been feeling good really, odd days of slight weakness but everything seems fine! glad to be back to midwives on Friday for 28wk check, feels like a long time since I was there!

Kauto0709 wrote: »

Was at the hospital yesterday morning for a check up and everything going good had a little bit of a sniffle (usual for me every morning) and felt like death by last night not sure if my hospital trip had me pick something up :/ feeling slightly better today though chilled out most the day!

Roll on the last few weeks in work! Can't wait to finish up, totally sick of the place. On a happy note, traveling to see my sister for Christmas! Flying with toddler plus bump, oh God. Oh and hubby thankfully :)

yamiki wrote: »
    Roll on the last few weeks in work! Can't wait to finish up, totally sick of the place. On a happy note, traveling to see my sister for Christmas! Flying with toddler plus bump, oh God. Oh and hubby thankfully :)

I can't wait to finish up work too. And going on holidays myself with my partner in Jan-a week in Lanzarote-a bit of quality time together before the baby comes. I can't wait!

My husband mentioned a winter sun break, where's good? It can double as a baby-moon get the bump & bikini's out ! ;-)

• Advertisement

Just back from hospital check up. All going swimmingly. Baba is very active in there. Roll on Christmas and the January sales.

I had a 3D scan today. It was amazing! I love my little girl so much already!

just back from 28wk check, all good, baby's heartbeat flying along! head down at min but midwife said not to worry about that yet, baby will move positions loads more before they decide their position!! measuring exactly to dates too so all positive!

kauto we had a 3d scan at the anomaly scan at 22wks and got great pictures, so clear! its amazing really! next scan at 32weeks cant wait!

I've a 3d scan booked for the end of the month. I'm bringing my mum to that one as she's never seen a scan. Really looking forward to it.

deedless wrote:
    I've a 3d scan booked for the end of the month. I'm bringing my mum to that one as she's never seen a scan. Really looking forward to it.

awe thats really exciting for your mum! mine was amazed at the photos anyway, its mad to think that they never had scans at all when they were having us!

• Advertisement

I wish I'd asked for extra days off for Christmas, working until Wed :-( Starting to get very tired lately.

I know the feeling. To be fair I'm finishing tomorrow evening. I just keep telling myself I'll need the time more in February/March.

Merry Christmas ladies!
    I don't know about ye but I'm knackered. Plus heartburn that's so bad it's making me vomit! Ffs.

merry Christmas everyone! heartburn a killer here too and any time I bend over to pick something up I feel like all my stomach contents are going to fall out! plus I make noises which would be fitting for a 90year old tryin to bend down! so elegant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

Haven't been on in ages.

How's everyone feeling? I hope christmas treated everyone well :)

Sick as a dog here, can't keep food down, dose of the runs, crippling acid reflux & heartburn :( I'm hoping it's a bad cold or a flu & not what I'll be facing for the rest of the pregnancy. Finding it increasingly difficult to sleep these days too, between back pain & heartburn I can't manage more than two or three hours in one go so to say I'm exhausted is an understatement!

Think I might pay the doctor a visit on Monday if things haven't improved. Don't think I'm bad enough to go see one yet & my biggest fear is if I do go in he will send me onto hospital as a precaution. Nothing a few days lounging on the couch won't cure I think.

I hear you on the sleep and heartburn the last few days, spent Christmas night in his mams house and forgot to bring my gaviscon with me, awful night! from now on, its going where I go!

I get 2-3 hour stints of sleep just cause of needing to pee and also trying to turn in the bed causes pain in my right hip, himself got me a gym ball for Christmas which actually is helping, last nite I had no pain on turning and I was after being sitting on the ball for an hour or so before bed!
    would definitely recommend the ball, I had been having trouble gettin comfortable sitting in the evenings and the ball is so comfy and also apparently helps to get baby into a good position too!

hopefully you'l be feeling a bit better today user and its just a short bug!

My sleep is seriously disturbed, i constantly wake up on my back and have to roll to my side! Was diagnosed with sciatica (think that's right) the last day by my gp who has referred me to physio and been finding myself getting very anxious and finding it hard to breathe which causes me to get all flustered!

babypebble do you use pillows behind you? I have a maternity pillow that goes under bump and between my legs and a small part at the back, I Have to put a normal pillow behind me at the back too and that keeps me from goin on to my back, I find if I do lie on my back, my hip pain is worse so the pillows go someway to helping this!

Ainy, I use 2 pillows under my head one under my bump and have another thrown on the bed for good measure! What type of maternity pillow do you have?

its a dream genii pillow, borrowed it from my sister, not sure where you buy them! I find that cause it goes in between my legs/knees it helps wit the pain, maybe if you had a thin pillow that you could put between your legs it mite help with the pain,(keep your hips in line and so not cause pressure on your back!)

i'v been calling my pain sciatica, have been having it since about 14weeks, when I say it at appointments they seem to agree with me, haven't gone for physio cause it only happens at night when i'm lying down and the pillows helped and now my gym ball seems to be helping! only 11 more weeks and hopefully it will go back to normal then!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement