Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, like I said, My best games are always in crap tanks! :pac: Still got killed by a lucky shot of artilery ( he was the last alive ). My team mates were Donkeys too. that arty managed to kill another medium from 100% at point blank range in 2 shots... ( I stayed after I died as I wanted to see location of that arty when it killed me )

shot_002_zpsdfc92a84.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Well, like I said, My best games are always in crap tanks!

I loved my T28 when I had it and had some great games in it... and a nice win rate... yes its a big tank but as long as you avoid getting flanked and getting caught side on you can have a great time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

anyone playing the glass cannon german tds? dunno if i could be bothered, but im at the tier 5 flak bus at the moment, not TOO bad, but im about to unlock the nashorn, not sure if i wanna go this route..

bolsig is immense at tier 8 though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

copeyhagen wrote: »
    anyone playing the glass cannon german tds? dunno if i could be bothered, but im at the tier 5 flak bus at the moment, not TOO bad, but im about to unlock the nashorn, not sure if i wanna go this route..

I'm up to the Rhm Borsig too.

They're fairly frustrating as they have understandably 0 durability. The flak bus can be really nasty for it's tier, but poor depression and traverse can make it awkward to play. The nashorn is good though, great RoF and pen.

The Sturer Emil can really annoy though. It gets a weak tier 7 gun as stock (same as the tier lower Dicker Max gets), there's no tier 8 gun for it, and instead it's a long grind until it gets a tier 9 gun, which is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CHorn

The Nashorn I find fine and handy enough. By the time you get to it, you should be handy enough with glassware- nice gun, just stay out of sight.

My goal is one of every AFV that fought in WWII, not the napkin blueprint creations WG tries to bring to life and flog, so it's a must have though if it wasn't it wouldn't be my favored mode of armed transport on any front.

And as you say it gets you the Borsig, which I find a real nasty piece of hardware every time I run into one.

• Advertisement

has anyone played the tier 9 one, the pz iv

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

anyone playing the glass cannon german tds? dunno if i could be bothered, but im at the tier 5 flak bus at the moment, not TOO bad, but im about to unlock the nashorn, not sure if i wanna go this route.
    Am in the same boat as yourself. I'm a little too impatient to be good at the Flak Bus/Toaster. I love the 16K it wants to unlock the 8.8cm gun which is only for the Flak Bus.....I'll keep my XP to unlock the Nashorn thank you.
    Have almost unlocked the JadPanther on the other line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Ive gone the other way, im currently on the jagdpather about to go to the Ferdi, the german td line i find is a mixed bag.

So T34 is on sale. Not a huge sale, but still. 46eu for T34 + 30 days premium.

I am really tempted, but I wanted to see Warthunder Ground forces, before spending 50eu on a Tank... Bah, First world problems. :pac:

Every tank is getting bonus of 30 days premium at the moment. Its for the May 1st 1 million Facebook likes thingy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Bump. Any comments on this?
    Is it just me, or does it seem to others that there are many players who are unaware of the difference between an 'Encounter' battle and a 'Standard' battle?

Every time I'm in an Encounter, there seems to be quite a few teammates who either defend the place where we spawned, or head off to try to overrun the point where the enemy spawned.

Surely both of these tactics are almost completely pointless, aren't they?

I say "almost", because killing off enemy artillery is a worthwhile tactic, and, if you are artillery yourself, then hanging back is also worthwhile. But more often than not, I can't help being left with the feeling that most of these players simply do not know that they're in an Encounter battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I find people use the same tactics over and over so hence they try and play the same way, hence why the weird acts by some team mates on both encounter and standard

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

has anyone played the tier 9 one, the pz iv
    It's good; the upgraded guns does nothing for you in practice though which is a bit of a pain and you're not in as dominating position as at tier 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Historical battles... I'm on the SEA server so less population I suppose but I've wasted around 30 mins of 5 min queuing and haven't seen a single historical battle yet... Would it not make more sense to just also put it into normal battle rotation... say once every certain number of games if you're in an applicable tank.... I'd really like to give a historical a go but it seems the rest of WoT doesn't want it to happen for me.

Shams wrote: »
    I find people use the same tactics over and over so hence they try and play the same way, hence why the weird acts by some team mates on both encounter and standard

Similar thoughts here.

I do see ppl almost ignoring the type of battle. However using the same tactics can still help you win. ie going up/down the 1-2 line on Prokorovka on Encounter can allow you to flank enemy arty and sometimes roll up behind their main force.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Bump. Any comments on this?

It's the reason I turned off Encounter mode. Unlike Assault, Encounter seems to be pretty balanced only for the fact that the majority of players don't know how to play it.

i only played standard games for a looooong long time but i switched the other 2 back on few weeks ago, nice for the variety.

just picked up a nich shiny msi r9 270, 2gb ddr5.. should help my fps :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/05/02/belated-monthly-mission-on-eu/

Free Super Pershing mission on the way. The NA server gets the T34 instead.

Spear wrote: »
    http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/05/02/belated-monthly-mission-on-eu/

Free Super Pershing mission on the way. The NA server gets the T34 instead.

I'm tempted to go for it, depending on the requirements.
    It's a bit of a kick in the teeth considering it will be running the same time as the World On Fire event. People might have to choose whether to go for Super Pershing or T23.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Wow.... seeing as last month they gave away a Tier 2 premium tank in which you had to win 150 games.... 75 of which in light tanks and then get in the top 10... so about 350 games ... at say 8/9 mins per game.... so about 50 hours of game play..... how long will they expect us to play for a Super Pershing!

• Advertisement

Most likely it will be similiar to the IS-6 mission in December. You had one month to gain 100,000 XP on a tier 6 tank from all nations.

The 100k exp itself isn't *too* difficult, the problem (for me, at least) was having to grind up to tier 6. The Japanese tree was newly released so you had to grind the tier 6 on that to complete the mission and I have barely touched the British line. So if I wanted the IS-6, I had to grind two branches to reach a tier 6 which was the main turn-off for me attempting it.

I see this mission will only last 28 days however. The IS-6 mission was 30 days so perhaps it won't be as intensive. Perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Polar101

Didn't even get close to the T2 Light reward (reckon I got 60/75 wins on the normal stuff, and only about 5 of the light tank stuff - don't have any arty), so I'm sure I'll never get a Tier 8 tank from a mission.

100k xp in my kv1s or 59-16 could be possible :)

have they released the requirements yet no

I've seen conflicting requirements so far.

The US in-game pics suggest just 100k XP:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/355373-t34-mission-details-available-in-game/

But there were other claims of 75k XP per nation.

From FTR blog: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/05/02/2-5-2014/

"Not much new today again. Russians confirm the T26E4 event (you’ll be able to get Super Pershing for free – or a gold equivalent of it if you have it – plus 14 days of premium account), if

- you make 75k XP on every nation
    - you can make it only with a tier 4 to tier 8 tank (not tier 9 and 10)
    - you have to be in top 10 XP-wise in order for the XP to count
    - on Russian server, XP earned on premium tanks, will NOT count towards this event

It’s quite likely the EU event will be the same. American requirement for the T34 seems to be 100k, not 75k though."

At least tier 4 is a bit more forgiving.

The lack of 9 and 10s counting is annoying, I've gotten all tier 9s on the Brit tree for example.

You need to make 75k with each nation?! Or 75k in total using what ever you got as long as it is 4-8 tier?

You need to make 75k with each nation?! Or 75k in total using what ever you got as long as it is 4-8 tier?

Each nation.

I wonder will doubles count. I have Covenanter at tier IV for the British and gonna grind up to tier IV on Japanese today in case I decide to go for it.

Seems like you get some free days of premium account if you complete parts of the mission anyway, so worth doing at least one or two nations.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Each nation.

I wonder will doubles count. I have Covenanter at tier IV for the British and gonna grind up to tier IV on Japanese today in case I decide to go for it.

Seems like you get some free days of premium account if you complete parts of the mission anyway, so worth doing at least one or two nations.

Each completed nation gives 100k silver and 1 day of premium.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Each completed nation gives 100k silver and 1 day of premium.

Oh, a bit meh if that's the case. Can I ask where you saw that though? On the American screenshots, it shows 2 days premium for completing one nation and it seemed to be the same on the Russian server according to FTR.

Also, anyone have any experience/advice with the Japanese line? Wondering whether to go light or medium line at tier II.

Advertisement