Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Sorry to be a loser and double posting, but a serious no to the cold as that has meant snow in recent years.

Having been stranded in an icy, frosty Wicklow during the snowpocalypse and forced into making my own bread since shops had to close, I now hate winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Just back from the cinemu. Went to see Melancholia.

What a delightfully disturbing film. My dark side has been appeased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Heard its solid enough alright.Might wander to it this weekend.Im trying to decide between Zombie Flesh Eaters and Planet Terror.Havnt watched either in over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

I haven't seen Zombie Flesh Eaters. I must give that a look.

The Horrorthon is on at the end of the month too! I must make it this year. It always clashes with Cork Jazz Fest.

There is a thread in the film forum about it and the line up thus far is pretty crap tbh.It never lives up to expectations but I will reserve judgement til the final card is released.

Zombie Flesh Eaters is good craic.Kinda cheesey however there is some brilliant gore effects in it(like a giant wooden splinter being driven through an eyeball) plus a scene involving (and I shít you not) a zombie having an underwater fight with a shark.

Its frickin class!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Zombie fights shark underwater.....

I must, nay, SHALL, see this film!

Its a total beer an pizza movie plus I just read on a different site that Blue Underground are releasing a new edition with a shiny new transfer and a disc full of new special features so I may hold off viewing it til I get it as my release is from some obscure German label and the quality isnt as good as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm here watching Setanta Ireland, the pish take of Jose, Rooney and Sven is unreal altogether!..
    I'm also FB messaging a 20 year old..:eek:

Sure you havnt hit the dizzying heights of the 30s yet Panthro so are safe enough I reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

oh to be 20 again, or in a 20/21 year old!

Those were the days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sure you havnt hit the dizzying heights of the 30s yet Panthro so are safe enough I reckon!

Oh believe, I'm edging ever closer to the big 30.
    Worrying thing is I still think I'm flippin' 21 half the time.:o
    I'm after emailing a surveying company over in the UK that claim they will train people in, I'm definitely interested in the opportunity, but I had to ask if its paid or unpaid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Think about what else I could be talking about when I say "stroke" victim and how something worn on a finger could make one a victim....utilise that brain power!

Possibly walking on Thursday. Unsure really of my schedule. Playing football tomorrow and normally go to the gym after work. I may also have "other activities" at some stage in the week :P

But yes in theory to the walk!
    You're a busy guy.well if you can squeeze me in let me know.i'll head out myself either tonight or tomorrow,if i'm not collapsed with tiredness again.

Got 9hours sleep last night,so hopefully today will be better.and I got up earlier so hoping to be on time for work....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

On the topic of movies - watched Drive last night - wouldn't recommend it tbh and I'm a fan of Ryan Gosling

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I got up earlier so hoping to be on time for work....

How'd that work out for you?
    PaulieC wrote: »
    On the topic of movies - watched Drive last night - wouldn't recommend it tbh and I'm a fan of Ryan Gosling

It's something I want to get around to seeing. I'm generally not too fussy with movies anyway. Helps having the unlimited card for Cineworld.

It's something I want to get around to seeing. I'm generally not too fussy with movies anyway. Helps having the unlimited card for Cineworld.

Well don't let my opinions on it influence you anyway - I was expecting more from it so maybe if you go in with lowered expectations you'll like it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Expectations so low I'd be amazed eh? :pac:

They'd want to be fairly low alright :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Howdy all, hows everyone?

Surving the mundane task of monthly reporting.

My head is kinda like -> :eek::confused::eek::confused::confused:

right now.

Yerself?

I had my computer on at the dot of 9 :cool: but of course the one day the boss wasn't here to know about it :mad:

• Advertisement

Screenshot the bootup notification in the event logger and send it on :cool:

haha :D nah i'm not that bothered. if he wants to get narky with me i'll remind him of the overtime i did.

busy today so?

yeah, gotta go through monthly presentations from 2009 to put together a trend of data in regards to what's generating our calls from 2009 - 2011.

as I kinda noticed they are a lot higher this year, when looking over the previous 2 years.

Damn me and my big mouth :(

pffft, you just have to be a good worker eh?

I get the odd thing right. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

ahh sure not too bad. Its nice being back to regular hours and being able to sit at my desk as opposed to running around a DC for 14 hours a day like last week..

The constant din of the servers humming away in the background really starts to drill into your head after about 5-6 hours and you can never really drown out the noise even with hearing protection :(

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    ahh sure not too bad. Its nice being back to regular hours and being able to sit at my desk as opposed to running around a DC for 14 hours a day like last week..

The constant din of the servers humming away in the background really starts to drill into your head after about 5-6 hours and you can never really drown out the noise even with hearing protection :(
    Yeah staying in a server/comms room for too long wrecks your head - it takes about half an hour to get used to talking in a normal room after without shouting too!!

PaulieC wrote: »
    Yeah staying in a server/comms room for too long wrecks your head - it takes about half an hour to get used to talking in a normal room after without shouting too!!

Well try working in a colo with about 5000 pieces of kit buzzing away for 12 - 14 hours a day for 4 solid days and see how it effects yer conversation volume level!! :D:p

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Well try working in a colo with about 5000 pieces of kit buzzing away for 12 - 14 hours a day for 4 solid days and see how it effects yer conversation volume level!! :D:p
    I'm sure chainsaw testers have it worse than us tbf :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

A pint, I would love one or ten

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement