Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

doozerie wrote: »
    I have some of their base layers. I would *not* recommend them, for reasons described in (nauseating) detail here, here, and here. They may be cheap, but they are not good value for money in my opinion.

For me they offer none of the (very real) benefits of merino and for the same money you'd be better off just buying synthetic versions. For base layers in particular I think that good quality merino generally outperforms synthetics but the Planet X/On-One merino isn't good quality.

Ordered these before reading this post. Am happy enough with them although they are a bit big, I'll either return the and get a size S or else see if I can sell them here first. I prefer tight fitting stuff. Got a long sleeve and short sleeve Merino base layer and 3 pairs of socks. Socks feel really warm and tops don't itch me.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Quote: The_Sub
    Free Earhoox, just pay for postage.

To redeem them, just head over to our store and use the promo code “ORANGE100” at checkout.

http://earhoox.com/shop

Got mine as well, I have 3 other sets that are supposed to do the same thing, but the ear hoox are superior, hardly know that I'm wearing anything and the sound is not muffled like the other ones I have, big bonus- it's 2 pairs!!!!

Is the offer only on the orange one's and therefore only on the ear pods as opposed to the ear buds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Quote: The_Sub
    Free Earhoox, just pay for postage.

To redeem them, just head over to our store and use the promo code “ORANGE100” at checkout.

http://earhoox.com/shop

Got mine as well, I have 3 other sets that are supposed to do the same thing, but the ear hoox are superior, hardly know that I'm wearing anything and the sound is not muffled like the other ones I have, big bonus- it's 2 pairs!!!!

Just tried this promo code but it's saying it's not applicable to my cart contents. Was trying to get the Sky blue hoox for earbuds. Trying it with the Orange EarPod hood and it does work.

Was on the lookout for earphones as mine keep falling out while riding and if these do what they say they should it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Cheers.

I have 2013 fulcrum 5 and agree they are excellent.
    4thebike.de have the 2014 fulcrum 5 wheelset for €184 plus P+P but merlin have 2013 version for €190 plus P+P or 2014 version for €241 plus P+P.

But was wondering if the SHIMANO WH-RS010 at half the price are any good.
    Could get other bits with the saving but dont want to make the wrong choice.

ckeego wrote: »
    I have both Fulcrum Racing 3's and 5's. I previously had 2 sets of Mavic Kysrium (one step up from Aksiums)

One set of the Mavics were 2012, the other 2013.. Why do I mention that? Well, from personal experience and from talking to several others including 2 very experienced mechs, Mavics have taken a serious drop in quality at the lower end.

On the 2013, both the spokes and in particular the spoke nipples and recesses are pure crap, cheap and badly finished... Stay away!

The Fulcrum 5 is a great wheel (the campy freehubs is loud to say the least.. The only downside that I have found)

They are cheap as chips on Merlin at the moment.
    A few of the fellas I spin with have the Shimano R500 series and as a winter wheel they are impressed with them.. Pretty bullet proof for the Wicklow hills!!

Ei

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

If anyone wants some of the classic style EarHoox I think I have a few spare sets unopened at home. I don't know what colours but I'll check later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

The_Sub wrote: »
    If anyone wants some of the classic style EarHoox I think I have a few spare sets unopened at home. I don't know what colours but I'll check later.

Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

dfdream wrote: »
    Cheers.

I have 2013 fulcrum 5 and agree they are excellent.
    4thebike.de have the 2014 fulcrum 5 wheelset for €184 plus P+P but merlin have 2013 version for €190 plus P+P or 2014 version for €241 plus P+P.

But was wondering if the SHIMANO WH-RS010 at half the price are any good.
    Could get other bits with the saving but dont want to make the wrong choice.

Again, they are fairly bullet proof wheels and have been well reviewed..See here

Merlin though have the RS31 at close to half price too..See here

Still love my Fulcrums though!! Now to save up for some C50 Bullets for next Summer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

If I could get one from you it would be appreciated as had mine borrowed and haven't seen them since

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Pretty good price on Under Armour baselayers on Sports Pursuit. Just over €26 inc. postage. They're almost double that price on Wiggle at the moment.

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/under-armour-oct14?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=e-daily_sales.d-20141019.st-UK_EU.m-all.a-15_Sales_Sunday.%20(1)&utm_content=sale1_Under%20Armour%20Compression

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Sandwell wrote: »
    Pretty good price on Under Armour baselayers on Sports Pursuit. Just over €26 inc. postage. They're almost double that price on Wiggle at the moment.

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/under-armour-oct14?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=e-daily_sales.d-20141019.st-UK_EU.m-all.a-15_Sales_Sunday.%20(1)&utm_content=sale1_Under%20Armour%20Compression

What's the general opinion on Sports Pursuit?? Am getting the weekly emails and some of the discounts are decent (albeit the sizes can be limited)

Just curious.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭jamesd

Masala wrote: »
    What's the general opinion on Sports Pursuit?? Am getting the weekly emails and some of the discounts are decent (albeit the sizes can be limited)

Just curious.....

Get my High5 products from them when they have the deals - good value

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Masala wrote: »

Just curious.....

I've used them a couple of times. They're grand if you're not in any hurry to receive the product. I'm still waiting for some socks I ordered over a month ago! But that's the way they operate so if it's not a problem then there are some good deals to be had on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭mathie

Santini Belkin gear very cheap (PM me for a further 10 euro off)

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/santini-oct14

CONTINENTAL
    GatorSkin Folding Tyre Set & Pack Of 5 Tubes

http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/447178

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭mathie

Santini Belkin gear very cheap (PM me for a further 10 euro off)

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/santini-oct14

CONTINENTAL
    GatorSkin Folding Tyre Set & Pack Of 5 Tubes

http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/447178

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

What's the advantage of a folding tyre, apart from the fact that it folds? Is it of a lesser quality than the non-folding tyres?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What's the advantage of a folding tyre, apart from the fact that it folds? Is it of a lesser quality than the non-folding tyres?

They're considerably lighter is the main difference and generally easier to put on without the use of levers (but not always the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Is it of a lesser quality than the non-folding tyres?

1. it folds
    2. it is lighter
    3. depending on the manufacturer and model, may be made to higher standard / using better rubber compound / higher TPI casing than the rigid version.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

that is a fantastic price for zondas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cheaper than my Sciroccos! :0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

clog wrote: »
    Zondas at 210 euro from wiggle !!!. These won't last long.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-zonda-clincher-wheelset/

Done! Psyched.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭pats22b

just got a set of the zondas-had to at that price
    that's over 100 cheaper than the best price i have seen then for in Germany
    they'll do nicely to keep the fulcrum zero longing at bay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Fian

Just bought those zonda wheels, now all I need is a better bike to do them justice. Except that when I do upgrade it will probably be to a disc brake equipped bike.

What have I done!!!!one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cheaper than my Sciroccos! :0

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cheaper than my Zondas!

Got 'em earlier this year from swimcyclerun - very happy with them

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

clog wrote: »
    Zondas at 210 euro from wiggle !!!.

Savage deal on a brilliant set of wheels
    Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

This could be a stupid question but can the zondas work on an sora 8 speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

pats22b wrote: »
    just got a set of the zondas-had to at that price
    that's over 100 cheaper than the best price i have seen then for in Germany
    they'll do nicely to keep the fulcrum zero longing at bay

aren't they pretty much the same wheel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

Campy 9, 10, 11 speed left.

I presume these would not work with my Shimano 9-speed cassette and drivetrain?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

mickydcork wrote: »
    Campy 9, 10, 11 speed left.

I presume these would not work with my Shimano 9-speed cassette and drivetrain?

Nope, needs a different hub for the Shimano cassette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

CramCycle wrote: »
    Nope, needs a different bike with campagnolo

/fixed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement