Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulletproof diet ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

I can't use dairy.. would flora do r would that just defeat the purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

I had my first bullet proof coffee this morning. Used a French press with2table spoons and a bit of good quality coffee to make 400 mls of coffee mixed with2tbs of coconut oil and 2tbs of butter and used a frother to whisk it up.

The taste was nice and i enjoyed it and i certainly feel more perkey and energetic this morning however i do not feel full and still had to have some porridge half an hour after taking he coffee.

Just wondering are other people experience this or am i not using the right quantities of ingredients or not mixing correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

conor678 wrote: »

Just wondering are other people experience this or am i not using the right quantities of ingredients or not mixing correctly

Placebo effect and people not used to drinking coffee first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Placebo effect and people not used to drinking coffee first thing in the morning.

Honestly, I have to argue with you. I've drunk coffee in the mornings for a long time & throughout the day also. I've also been a constant grazer, I'd have my breakfast & then continue to eat constantly throughout the morning.

That's gone now. I have coffee between 8 & 9 & then very rarely feel anyway hungry until lunchtime, sometimes as late as three, because I'll forget to eat because I'm not hungry. I never had any energy & now I do.

It's not for everyone though, I'll admit that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

How about the eat less calories then you need to maintain your current weight diet. 100% of the time it works every time ! Its easy and doesnt cost anything but a bit of self control. No depriving yourself of any foods or eliminating this or that . Its simple really. Coffee with butter lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

dor843088 wrote: »
    How about the eat less calories then you need to maintain your current weight diet. 100% of the time it works every time ! Its easy and doesnt cost anything but a bit of self control. No depriving yourself of any foods or eliminating this or that . Its simple really. Coffee with butter lol.

If that works for you then great.. it doesn't work for me or the millions of other yoyo dieters out there

Following this regime has given me sustained energy through out the day, better sleep and I eat all the meat, fish & veg I want...

What I'm not eating is sugar filled crap and processed food like I did before...

3.5kg down in 17days...argue with that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

TBoneMan wrote: »
    If that works for you then great.. it doesn't work for me or the millions of other yoyo dieters out there

Following this regime has given me sustained energy through out the day, better sleep and I eat all the meat, fish & veg I want...

What I'm not eating is sugar filled crap and processed food like I did before...

Dropping massive amounts of weights too fast should be argued against.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

at the beginning some of weight loss is due to the loss of water - eating loads of carbs encourages water retention in the body.

Dropping massive amounts of weights too fast should be argued against.

Its all water from coffee (diuretic) and low carbs . Not sustainable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Its all water from coffee (diuretic) and low carbs . Not sustainable imo.

Coffee being a diuretic is an overstatement. You need large amounts of caffeine to have any impact ~600mg for a normal sized person.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

If I have margarine and de-caf does it double the weight loss?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

See that bit in bold?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm enjoying bulletproof coffee. Twice a week, I lift while fasted in the morning and would have always had a black coffee before going to the gym. However, my stomach would be roaring by the time I'm done and would feel weak afterwards.

Tried the same amount of coffee with 1tsp butter and 1tsp coconut oil and I honestly can't tell if it gives me more energy in the gym. However, I don't feel hungry til I'm cooking my morning bacon and I still have energy by the time I'm leaving the gym.

Probably either psychological or perhaps I'm just getting stronger, but the hunger prevention is enough to keep me on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

don't often go together - self control isn't easy.
    That's why people who have it are lauded.

Otherwise why rave about somebody strutting about on facebook with 5% bf.
    if self control was easy then the rest would follow easily.

but yeah - bulletproof coffee sound rank and there has to be a better way.

Coffee being a diuretic is an overstatement. You need large amounts of caffeine to have any impact ~600mg for a normal sized person.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661

From experience one cup of coffee makes me piss . Tea does not . Preworkouts have the same affect , have to have a mid workout piss.

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Slide to power off

It's interesting that Ray Peat recommends black coffee with coconut oil and sugar.

don't often go together - self control isn't easy.
    That's why people who have it are lauded.

Otherwise why rave about somebody strutting about on facebook with 5% bf.
    if self control was easy then the rest would follow easily.

but yeah - bulletproof coffee sound rank and there has to be a better way.

Maybe your correct . However I think most people go way too aggressive and strict with dieting making things far more difficult thqn it has to be thus making self control and sticking to their plan a real struggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Maybe your correct . However I think most people go way too aggressive and strict with dieting making things far more difficult thqn it has to be thus making self control and sticking to their plan a real struggle.

good point and i think you are right.
    I think many people are using (or mis-using) the 5:2 diet , for example, to that end.

gavtron wrote: »
    See that bit in bold?

Yes ... why the question mark ...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

Yes ... why the question mark ...

It looks like unbeknownst to yourself you're actually eating a much better diet than you were before, combined with the coffee for breakfast, you've said you are eating less processed food and less sugar...that in itself will have a serious (positive) effect on your body!

I highlighted that part because it's the most important part of what you have been doing, in my opinion, if the coffee makes it easier to keep eating healthy then keep it up but I'd still concentrate on eating better food than what a couple of cups of coffee will do!

Well done on the weight loss!

P.S. Have tried bulletproof coffee, liked it, tea doesn't work as well with MCT oil :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 leno1979

Has anyone used the MCT brand 'OLIMP' or can you clarify something for me??? Ive been using cocconut oil from an asian store with my coffee and butter but want to try the MCT oil so i saw a bottle of OLIMP MCT oil in a supplements store but when i read the label it said MCT vegetable oil, im prob being a bit dim here but i thought MCT was the highly purified oil extracted from cocconut oil? Im confused then as to why this brand says MCt vegetable oil, does it mean the same thing or more importantly am i getting hung up on something that wont matter ie just use this MCT oil ,it will have the same effect regardless????

leno1979 wrote: »
    Has anyone used the MCT brand 'OLIMP' or can you clarify something for me??? Ive been using cocconut oil from an asian store with my coffee and butter but want to try the MCT oil so i saw a bottle of OLIMP MCT oil in a supplements store but when i read the label it said MCT vegetable oil, im prob being a bit dim here but i thought MCT was the highly purified oil extracted from cocconut oil? Im confused then as to why this brand says MCt vegetable oil, does it mean the same thing or more importantly am i getting hung up on something that wont matter ie just use this MCT oil ,it will have the same effect regardless????

MCTs can be derived from any oil...however the best is from palm kernel & coconut ... I switched to the upgraded MCT oil last week. It certainly keeps you regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mmanewbie

Posted this in another forum but is it possible to pick up unsalted KerryGold butter in Dublin city centre?

If not, is there any good alternative people can recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Avonmore unsalted butter is what I normally get, should be available in most stores.

Avonmore or connacht gold are the 2 best ... kerrygold unsalted is not available in Ireland ... I rang them to check

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Avonmore or connacht gold are the 2 best ... kerrygold unsalted is not available in Ireland ... I rang them to check

That's odd, cos I've bought it numerous times.

Hanley wrote: »

Where...the silver foiled kerrygold NOT the gold one

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Hanley wrote: »

Where did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Where did you buy it?

Seven days later and no response, I'd say he was trolling ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

As an update. I've not done this in about two weeks because I was on holiday eating & drinking plenty - I gained between 4-6lbs I'd say. Didn't feel comfortable in myself at all.

Just weighed myself & am currently 181lbs (82.1kg) which is marginally lighter than I was the last time I checked in. So taking into account the weight gain while away, I'm down 20.5lbs (9.3kg) in about six weeks.

Feeling good.

Will be starting a gym next week & hoping for about another 10lbs (4.5kg) loss. I'd be happy with maintaining that.

I've had yoyo weight ever since my teens & this is probably the easiest & fastest way (not to mention the most lost), I've ever lost weight.

Advertisement