Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulletproof diet ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

Is this thread some kind of ****ing joke? Is everyone on this forum now either a troll or a shill? There are 3 guys pushing this special coffee, coconut oil, butter ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Is this thread some kind of ****ing joke? Is everyone on this forum now either a troll or a shill? There are 3 guys pushing this special coffee, coconut oil, butter ****.

I think its a bit like religion . Its complete bull**** but people still dedicate themselves to it and swear by it .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

It's worked for me. I'm not pushing it. If you don't like it don't try it.

But what you and others seem to be saying is that you changed your coffee practice and your eating/exercise regimen and achieved weight loss but are attributing it to coffee. The link presumably being the coffee pushed you to do more exercise / eat less.

Yes, that's exactly what happened & I've stated as much earlier in the thread. It was a stimulus (to me personally).

Prior to doing it I'd feel incredibly hungry in the mornings if I didn't carb load, which this cut out by 1 giving me energy & 2 making me feel full. As a result of carb loading, I'd be very lethargic & wouldn't exercise much at all. I'd also graze a lot throughout the day.

Because I had more energy I was doing more & because I was eating less, I was losing weight.

I didn't use any special type of coffee & in fact for the first couple of days was just using Cart Noir instant. However I can't argue with the facts as they stand - that I'm down 20.5lbs in six or so weeks.

I've had weight issues my whole life & am probably anything to 14lbs still over my "ideal" weight, but I feel & look better now & I've had the impetus to join a gym.

• Advertisement

Amazing. I wonder if coconuts , coffe beans and dairy cows ever co exist in the same region in palaeo times?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cgmd1

I tried the bulletproof coffee recipe for a while.

Used coffee beans from Badger & Dodo (excellent stuff btw), MCT Oil and Avonmore Unsalted Butter.

In my experience its a really nice concoction to drink in the morning, tastes great despite how it sounds. Particularly on those cold winter mornings.

It will definitely give you a mental kick, more so than coffee alone.

It will make you hot, I would get a marked increase in how warm I felt after it.

I've gone back to plain black coffee but still make it occasionally.

There are various incarnations of 'fatty' coffee on the web. I say try them if you want and see if you like them. Certainly worse things you could be having in the morning.

Actually, I haven't used Coconut oil at all, cant stand the taste/smell at all.

I understand totally your scepticism, however, have you tried it ? Why not try it & then report back ?

No I've never put MDMA in my Guinness either but there is a lad on the dance music forum who swears by it. Shoud I give that a swirl to a report back. Do you sell this product by the way?

OU812 wrote: »
    Actually, I haven't used Coconut oil at all, cant stand the taste/smell at all.

I understand totally your scepticism, however, have you tried it ? Why not try it & then report back ?

Why not try reducing your calories for a while and report back? Oh wait no need cos we all know its the only thing that works anyway.

• Advertisement

No I've never put MDMA in my Guinness either but there is a lad on the dance music forum who swears by it. Shoud I give that a swirl to a report back. Do you sell this product by the way?

Now you're just being argumentative for the sake of it. No I don't sell it.
    dor843088 wrote: »
    Why not try reducing your calories for a while and report back? Oh wait no need cos we all know its the only thing that works anyway.

Erm... that's exactly what I did. I reduced the calories I was taking in in the morning while at the same time giving myself a load of energy which made me do more, thereby burning more calories.

I don't drink it every day (some days I don't have the time), I haven't had it in a little over two weeks, because I was on holiday & had run out of coffee. And I've now joined a gym.

In the same way I told my kids that they don't know Broccoli "tastes icky", until they try it (they did & now eat it), I'd say to you, knock it all you want, but until you've tried it & experienced the uplift in energy, you're as bad as trolling.

It's only a crutch lads. Nobody here believes it's some magic elixir that burns calories. You do realise that, right ?

In the same way that nicotine patches or gum help smokers cut down their nicotine intake, this helped me (I don't claim to speak for anyone else), cut down the amount of calories I took in & then adjust my diet so that I was eating properly.

As it happens it's actually a nice flavour also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Steamed Hams

Ray Peat recommends putting sugar and coconut oil in coffee. What are your opinions on that?

Don't know who Ray Peat is.

Don't take sugar, don't like coconut.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Amazing. I wonder if coconuts , coffe beans and dairy cows ever co exist in the same region in palaeo times?

The Bulletproof diet doesn't profess to be 100 % paleo in the first place, so your retorical mispelt question is null and void.
    What is does give people is an eating plan that keeps your calorie intake down while giving you energy throughout the day. A sure fire way to steadily loss those extra few lbs.
    If you're not into it then fine, but don't knock something you have never even tried.

9 weeks on bp and gone from 92.5kg to 86.8kg while also going from 27% body fat to 21%

Thats with 2 one hour circuit training sessions a week and a stand all day job ...

TBoneMan wrote: »
    The Bulletproof diet doesn't profess to be 100% paleo in the first place, so your retorical mispelt question is null and void.
    What is does give people is an eating plan that keeps your calorie intake down while giving you energy throughout the day. A sure fire way to steadily loss those extra few lbs.
    If you're not into it then fine, but don't knock something you have never even tried.

9 weeks on bp and gone from 92.5kg to 86.8kg while also going from 27% body fat to 21%

Thats with 2 one hour circuit training sessions a week and a stand all day job ...

I think I'll have to let this thread go because there are too many loolahs here who are militantly wrong in their views. YOU ARE PUTTING OIL AND BUTTER INTO YOUR COFFEE BECAUSE YOU THINK IT GIVES YOU SUPER FUEL.

Honestly. Try it for a couple of days before totally blocking it out. At least make an informed decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

I think I'll have to let this thread go because there are too many loolahs here who are militantly wrong in their views. YOU ARE PUTTING OIL AND BUTTER INTO YOUR COFFEE BECAUSE YOU THINK IT GIVES YOU SUPER FUEL.

You're the one being militant

Classic trolling ... you've already been warned; including in threads you started. So get constructive and try things first OR just keep your uninformed dribbles to yourself.
    GO SPOT YOURSELF BUD.

Fad diets are for idiots . If you know what you are doing you dont jump on bullet proof diets and attribute weight loss to a fatty coffee. Most "diets " work in the short term but aren't sustainable thats why you hear over and over fat idiots say " I've tried everything boo hoo " . Yes you may lose some weight or even a lot of weight but chances are in 6 months time all the bulletproofers will be back to square one if not in worse condition than when they started .

dor843088 wrote: »
    Fad diets are for idiots . If you know what you are doing you dont jump on bullet proof diets and attribute weight loss to a fatty coffee. Most "diets " work in the short term but aren't sustainable thats why you hear over and over fat idiots say " I've tried everything boo hoo " . Yes you may lose some weight or even a lot of weight but chances are in 6 months time all the bulletproofers will be back to square one if not in worse condition than when they started .

Talk to you in December when I'm at my goal weight and fit as a fiddle...keep up the negativity, it suits you

• Advertisement

Talk to you in December when I'm at my goal weight and fit as a fiddle...keep up the negativity, it suits you

I hope you reach your goal and if you do fair play but it will be nothing to do with fatty coffees. And taking into consideration that 90% of your posts are about kebabs burgers and fish and chips im guessing its the kicking of an enormous fast food habit and the cleaning up of your diet thats doing the trick for you.

85.7kg today so down almost 7kg ... fried chicken dinner and all ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mmanewbie

85.7kg today so down almost 7kg ... fried chicken dinner and all ;-)

Im eating the paleo diet and I'm looking to buy bacon but not sure what I should be looking for? Would asking the the butchers be my best bet?

Are rashers ok on the paleo/bulletproof diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cgmd1

Rashers are fine, just try and get the best quality you can with the least amount of additives/preservatives.

If you are in Ireland you have nothing to worry about as we are spoiled with the quality of our meat produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

mmanewbie wrote: »
    Im eating the paleo diet and I'm looking to buy bacon but not sure what I should be looking for? Would asking the the butchers be my best bet?

Are rashers ok on the paleo/bulletproof diet?

Look for ones without sugar, that's the main thing. Ingredients list should be pork, salt, nitrates.
    I like the Dunnes simply better ones, good & meaty.

I'm starting this Bulletproof Diet on Friday.

I just started back in a strength & conditioning class twice a week after a year off and the guys who are on this program in the class are ripped & full of energy.

I already eat large quantities of Meat & fats, but I will find it hard to give up the bread & pasta.

Currently I'm 180cm 92kg ... Aiming to get to a lean fit toned 82kg before the end of 2013 and keep it this way.

Done Atkins;moody & constipated; Done calorie watching;salads aren't my thing; so lets see how this goes...i'll keep ye updated

8 months on and am still on a paleo diet with coffee in the morning...

82.5kg for the last few weeks and feeling great ... it took me a little longer than I though

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

I just started the Bulletproof diet 2 days ago and so far its been okay, Dont think im quite in ketosis yet but probably will tomorrow or the next day.

Was just wondering if the diet could affect your metabolism long term? ie. When i reintroduce carbs to my diet could I struggle in the long term to keep my weight down? I have a pretty good metabolism and was able to eat a lot of stuff before without putting on any weight. However could this change once i go back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Undeadfred wrote: »
    I just started the Bulletproof diet 2 days ago and so far its been okay, Dont think im quite in ketosis yet but probably will tomorrow or the next day.

Was just wondering if the diet could affect your metabolism long term? ie. When i reintroduce carbs to my diet could I struggle in the long term to keep my weight down? I have a pretty good metabolism and was able to eat a lot of stuff before without putting on any weight. However could this change once i go back?

You'll struggle short term if you're a mong about it. Long term your body will readapt.

Add approx. 10% back in kcals every 10-14 days and oyu'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

Hanley wrote: »
    You'll struggle short term if you're a mong about it. Long term your body will readapt.

Add approx. 10% back in kcals every 10-14 days and oyu'll be fine.

What do you mean if im a mong about it? Like if i dont follow the diet strictly enough or be stupid about it?

I'm trying it out for a week or so, to how my energy levels and brain function differ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Undeadfred wrote: »
    What do you mean if im a mong about it? Like if i dont follow the diet strictly enough or be stupid about it?

I'm trying it out for a week or so, to how my energy levels and brain function differ.

The 2nd part on reintroducing cars slowly is how you don't do it like a mong.

Advertisement