Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Just on the phone to them this morning as my contract ends today.

Offer has ended. Costs €20/month for the same deal which still great IMO.

Plans already updated to reflect this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Shiny wrote: »
    Just on the phone to them this morning as my contract ends today.

Offer has ended. Costs €20/month for the same deal which still great IMO.

Plans already updated to reflect this.

Still shows as €15.25 on http://www.meteor.ie/bill-pay/ maybe call back and try to get them to move you to that plan or contact them on Twitter they are quite helpful there.

Just asked them about it on twitter. Will update thread when they respond. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

deal is still on they said so via twitter.

i just got switched over an hour ago and its saying ive used 129 minutes and 129 texts as well as 2 thirds of my data for the month and i havent used any of either! its also saying i have until the 9th april to use up everything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

i just got switched over an hour ago and its saying ive used 129 minutes and 129 texts as well as 2 thirds of my data for the month and i havent used any of either! its also saying i have until the 9th april to use up everything?

You have signed up two thirds through a billing period so will only get n estimated amount of minutes / texts based on how long is left in the month. From 9 April you will start a new billing period and have the full amount. That's what I make of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

It looks like you have use up those minutes and texts till the 9th of April and then you will get your full 200 mins and 200 texts on that day. I was with meteor last year and when I signed up I had to use up my texts and minutes till the 24th of each month. In the first month I paid less and got a fraction of mins and texts and then on the 24th got my full 200 mins & 200 texts. Not sure why it is the 9th in your case.

Just off the phone with them. They said the offer ended yesterday but are
    giving me a "good will" discount of €5 so I managed to get the €15/m rate.

That should tide me over till they stock the Galaxy S III. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

thanks lads. i also had about 15e credit on my payg left, what happens this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm such a numpty, just ported over and realised my phone is locked to O2 (assumed it wasn't, had it for 4 years now).

Now I can't even log into my O2 account.

Gahhhhh

I'm such a numpty, just ported over and realised my phone is locked to O2 (assumed it wasn't, had it for 4 years now).

Now I can't even log into my O2 account.

Gahhhhh

Contact the O2 reps here in Boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Looks like this deal is over. Even rang to chance my arm.

Is 20 quid still the best deal of this kind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I see the 15.25 deal popping up in ads on the site here but when u click on it best deal is 20.33 SIM only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ush1 wrote: »
    Is 20 quid still the best deal of this kind?

It's now a toss up better the Tesco 20 quid deal and the Meteor 20 quid deal.

With Meteor: €20.33: 200 minutes, 200 texts, 1 GB data and free Meteor to Meteor calls.

With Tesco: €20.33: 300 minutes, 300 texts, 500 MB data and free Tesco to Tesco calls & texts.

Meteor probably wins due to more data included and the fact that 10 times more people on the Meteor network increases the value of the free Meteor calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Zab wrote: »
    Don't. Email them.
    excellent advice, had to mention to them to change the first month as well otherwise it wouldnt have been done.
    Can't understand why this problem is happening to so many people, surely we are clogging up their customer service with calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

uh, looks like I missed the deal. €15 a month would have been ideal for me... sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Got this last week thankfully. I was out of contract for same bundle (200 text and minutes, 1GB data) for €30 and told them wanted to cancel. They called me and agreed to go on this fro €15.25 per month and rolling 30 day contract. Half the price I was paying and no contract. Fairly sweet.

The network coverage has always been grand but their customer service is rubbish. Thats why I wanted to cancel but the price was too good to refuse on this deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Fungus wrote: »
    It's now a toss up better the Tesco 20 quid deal and the Meteor 20 quid deal.

With Meteor: €20.33: 200 minutes, 200 texts, 1 GB data and free Meteor to Meteor calls.

With Tesco: €20.33: 300 minutes, 300 texts, 500 MB data and free Tesco to Tesco calls & texts.

Meteor probably wins due to more data included and the fact that 10 times more people on the Meteor network increases the value of the free Meteor calls.

Or if you want to go the pay as you go route three are good.
    €20: Free any network texts, free all you can eat data, free three to three calls, free any network weekend calls.

If you're somewhere that has good three signal, you've no reason not to imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpiceLMF

Really annoyed about this. I called Meteor 3 times to try and switch my plan to this deal and they kept on telling me that I would be given a call back the next day. I was too busy to chase them at the time and now that I finally have a bit of time they've changed the deal. Their customer service is absolutely woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 AndrewR

SpiceLMF wrote: »
    Really annoyed about this. I called Meteor 3 times to try and switch my plan to this deal and they kept on telling me that I would be given a call back the next day. I was too busy to chase them at the time and now that I finally have a bit of time they've changed the deal. Their customer service is absolutely woeful.

AGREED, getting seriously peed off with Meteor's "no" Customer Service. Tried to switch from €30 billpay to €15 PAYG, told I couldn't switch but they kindly moved me to €20 billpay per month :mad:
    Am going to switch to Tesco "capped" plan as it is working very well for SWMBO but need to get my unlocking code from Meteor first.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpiceLMF

Just was on to Meteor about changing the plan and getting the 15e plan as I'm super peeved. They were able to give me the deal as I stated how frustrated I've been with their customer service (not just this time, have had many frustrating experiences, like being overcharged for 5 months despite multiple calls and visits to the shop)

Even though they agreed to give me the deal they told me it won't be effective until May as today was the first day of my billing cycle! UGH! I could understand if I was going to a cheaper price plan but even with the 15e deal I'll be paying them more! Currently I'm only on the 10e plan and while I know 5 extra isn't massive in their eyes I'm still trying to give them more business!

So on the bright side, I did get the deal but on the con, I've gotta wait a month to have bright shiny internet on my phone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Or if you want to go the pay as you go route three are good.
    €20: Free any network texts, free all you can eat data, free three to three calls, free any network weekend calls.

If you're somewhere that has good three signal, you've no reason not to imo.

It's what I was planning but three don't allow tethering, something the other two do offer. If they even had tethering bundles I'd be there but sadly not!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AndrewR

lavine7 wrote: »
    It's what I was planning but three don't allow tethering, something the other two do offer. If they even had tethering bundles I'd be there but sadly not!

3 would be good from a work POV (3/Vodafone signal good, everyone else bad) but not for a home signal :D
    SWMBO was on Meteor €20 for 200 mins etc. with bills coming in between 40 and 80 p.m.:(
    Switched her over to Tesco €20 capped and she has not yet exceeded allowance since November. She never used text allowance and has no data requirements so paying for use (voice/text) suits perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

AndrewR wrote: »
    3 would be good from a work POV (3/Vodafone signal good, everyone else bad) but not for a home signal :D
    SWMBO was on Meteor €20 for 200 mins etc. with bills coming in between 40 and 80 p.m.:(
    Switched her over to Tesco €20 capped and she has not yet exceeded allowance since November. She never used text allowance and has no data requirements so paying for use (voice/text) suits perfectly.

3 Coverage is generally hit and miss countrywide..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

bryaner wrote: »

I have a phone on the Three network and have no problems with signal, unless its bad in Dublin. I have been to most other places, with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

bryaner wrote: »

I have a phone on the Three network and have no problems with signal, unless its bad in Dublin. I have been to most other places, with no issues.

Try travelling across the country on the 3 network and compare your signal to a phone on any other network and you'll see how hit and miss 3 are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

is this deal still available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

No, the plan is now €20.33

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Can anyone tell me if 1850 & 1890 numbers are included in the 200 mins or are they charged separately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I switched to this deal in January from 02. Worst thing I ever did! Texts weren't being sent or received, coverage was woeful and callers couldn't get through to me even though my phone was on 24/7!

Switched to 3 yesterday. So far, so good, normal service has been resumed!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭yellowbear

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if 1850 & 1890 numbers are included in the 200 mins or are they charged separately?

I dont think they are.

I had to ring ticket master the other day and they have an 0818 number which is like an 1890 number as far as i know and i got charged for it.

I got charged €1.03 and think i was on for 8 or 9 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

http://www.saynoto1890.com/

I usually find the normal numbers on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Here is the full price list for non-regional numbers. None of these are covered in the package as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

crazygeryy wrote: »
    nope. :(

i have to do quite a few conference calls for work and the number is an 1890 number and i was getting charged through the nose for it, although i can't remember off hand how much it was per minute now as it was a while ago.

fortunately, i've since found a local dublin number for it and that IS inc. in my minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Ok thanks guys.i didn't think so to begin with.

I am on the Meteor deal, and quite happy with the service after making a few calls at the beginning to ensure that the charge would be right on the first bill. I even got a €10 credit after one bad experience with a guy in customer service that should be working in a farm. Since then the experience has been great.

I got an email from them with a code for give to people who want to get the old €15 deal for 200 min/200 sms/1GB. It is valid until 30 April, so two days to go. If you wanted, this is the code (not sure if there are any limits on how many people can use it): 8rdat209zc

Note: I don't benefit from the code being used as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Zynks wrote: »
    I am on the Meteor deal, and quite happy with the service after making a few calls at the beginning to ensure that the charge would be right on the first bill. I even got a €10 credit after one bad experience with a guy in customer service that should be working in a farm. Since then the experience has been great.

I got an email from them with a code for give to people who want to get the old €15 deal for 200 min/200 sms/1GB. It is valid until 30 April, so two days to go. If you wanted, this is the code (not sure if there are any limits on how many people can use it): 8rdat209zc

Note: I don't benefit from the code being used as far as I know.

tried the code for the 15euro and doesn't work, anyone got one that does work.
    Thks
    Pajoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I thought the deal ended on March 31st. Now the deal is 20 euro for the same package

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I thought the deal ended on March 31st. Now the deal is 20 euro for the same package

Yes, it is €20, but the code I got was for 15. It seems to be single use though. Did someone use it already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Rang customer service and they tell me I need to go to a meteor store to use the code. I will try tomorrow and see how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Rang customer service and they tell me I need to go to a meteor store to use the code. I will try tomorrow and see how it goes

Any update on getting the discount in the store?
    Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭achiman

@ PaJoe....Voucher Code: e7547lav9h

tui0hcg wrote: »

According to the email only valid online so try again.
    That’s 200 minutes, 200 texts and 1GB of data and free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts, for the first year for only €15.25 per month. This offer is only valid for people who sign up on meteor.ie and is not valid in any store.
    This offers ends 30 April 2012. To get the discount, make sure your firend puts the code into the last page of the checkout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Hi All,
    Anyone got a spare voucher code.
    If so can you please PM me with it.
    Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

Pity. I was looking to get this offer. Anything to get away from tescomobiles never ending data speed nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

freebee23 wrote: »
    Any update on getting the discount in the store?
    Cheers,
    Freebee23

Didn't get to the shop today but it's on my list for tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

so am I right in saying the closest deal to this is the prepay offer with emobile - 250 mins 250 text 250mb data and unlimited landline calls for €20?

(I'm aware of the 3 deal - but no use if making other network calls during the week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

If calls are important to you then yes that's the closest (and better) deal but you are loosing out on 750mbs of data as meteor offer 1gb for their plan (currently 20euro online)

I have a code to be use by today to get the plan for €15.25 if anyone wants it send me a PM

CODE GONE

• Advertisement
Advertisement