Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

delta36 wrote: »

This
    , which, big surprise, is a continuation of the Tower Of Nightmares storyline.
    In terms of next "big" events Christmas Wintersday will be out some time in December, can't rightly remember what point in the month it launched last year, but it was around for a good long time.

Anyone who's playing currently gotten the new healing skill yet? I'm currently going around other race's starting areas trying to get enough skill points for it, hoping I get it soon, it looks really useful, I can always do with more ways to remove conditions!

ive got it, its not so great for yourself as the other heals (atleast on my guardian) but it does heal a group and has a reasonable size circle of effect, the condition side is sort of wasted on my guardian though as i draw conditions and convert them with skills for a lot of boon stacks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I've heard the cooldown on it is a bit long though, true?

I've heard the cooldown on it is a bit long though, true?
    i dont think its that long will have a look later and post back...

Edit 29 secs for recharge on the new heal skill
    tested on my charr guardian in kessex hills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Edgey75 wrote: »
    ive got it, its not so great for yourself as the other heals (atleast on my guardian) but it does heal a group and has a reasonable size circle of effect, the condition side is sort of wasted on my guardian though as i draw conditions and convert them with skills for a lot of boon stacks :D

See, I really need it for condition removal, as a ranger, my heals aren't that good in that department.

Any Irish Clans out there, i have only started playing properly, i am Norn. Cant remember server though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

it should tell you your world server on the character select screen.
    i dont know of any irish guilds on gw2 atleast not on aurara glade server but theirs a few irish people playing on the server that ive spoken too

it should tell you your world server on the character select screen.
    i dont know of any irish guilds on gw2 atleast not on aurara glade server but theirs a few irish people playing on the server that ive spoken too

I am in Piken Square

The Christmas Jumping Puzzle is a crock of ****.

That is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭Banneret

What's your guys favorite zone in GW2?

There's apparently a big update coming out on the 21st January, with a major jump forward in the living story and something big coming in the Scarlet story arc. Lots of speculation around it being Primordus, an Elder Dragon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭_Puma_

I dunno, I think this will just be another step in the Living story updates that will be setting up its conclusion in March. I have basically stopped playing GW2 since before Christmas after getting burned out in WvW and getting 4 lvl 80's and a lvl 53 that I gave up on. Think the last time I checked I was around 400 hours logged but must check again.

Being quiet honest I think the LS was a major letdown. I remember when it was being announced and that they were not doing "expansions" I was a little worried. Since then my guild ~100 regulars at peak has disbanded and the WvW guild I was in now has about 5-10 playing regulary down from 40+ regulars. Lesser frequented PvE zones now seem to be deserted even on my High pop Server There is simply no content to keep guilds together in this game bar some WvW (And even that usually turns into zergfests) which you eventually burn out on.

There needs to be content for 10+, be it GvG or Expanded dungeons or more regular updates like the Tequatl update, not this bitesize achievement grinding they have introduced with the LS. There needs to be something to keep a large group of player playing together. SPvP has been another let down which boils down to 1 or 2 viable builds per class.

Reading this gives me a little hope that I can get back into it when the "Exapnsion content updates" start to roll in, with maybe a new gamemode like GvG and new areas being opened up.

As for a new LS We have heard it all before with this television show comparison from Colin Johanson and I would seriously start to question his priorities here. It seems to me that they need to get in some fresh game designers in there because they have had plenty of time to get the LS right but have failed to do so. I must also add that the actual story/lore was pretty brutal that just seemed to be made up on the fly to experiment with the new gameplay mechanics they intoduced with each LS update like the invasions update.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Any guilds still going? I just restarted this and want to get back into it.

It would be good to have a guild to join.

reaper12 wrote: »
    Any guilds still going? I just restarted this and want to get back into it.

It would be good to have a guild to join.

If you're on Gunnars Hold, you should check out Midnight Mayhem, quite active, seem like a decent friendly bunch of people, I've been with them a little while now.

Thank you, they sound perfect:-)

New Marionette fight is a decent one - takes a good bit of coordination - though it can be annoying if other people fail (I've done it three times, twice our group made it, once we failed and I felt quite bad).

New Marionette fight is a decent one - takes a good bit of coordination - though it can be annoying if other people fail (I've done it three times, twice our group made it, once we failed and I felt quite bad).

Agree, Marionette is good fun. Had an attempt on the Wurm last weekend with my guild +others on the server, was a fun fight, but we unfortunately didn't have enough people fighting to get through it, looking forward to attempting again.

Anyone try Edge of the Mists yet?

Well, I started this again a few weeks ago, thanks to Delta36 for the advise on a guild to join. They really are sound.

Anyway, I really had forgot how good this game is. I know it has it's bad points, but, it has been worth every penny of the purchase price. I simply love the way that there are so many ways to level a character. Look I won't blather on, :-) Just I am really having fun with the game at the moment and I don't feel under any pressure to get my toons to level 80 or anything like that.

reaper12 wrote: »
    Anyway, I really had forgot how good this game is. I know it has it's bad points, but, it has been worth every penny of the purchase price. I simply love the way that there are so many ways to level a character. Look I won't blather on, :-) Just I am really having fun with the game at the moment and I don't feel under any pressure to get my toons to level 80 or anything like that.

Same as myself, started playing regularly again recently, it's just so much fun. Whether it be killing centaurs, hunting down skill points, or just beating a beer thief to death with a garden hoe, I really enjoy it.

I'm not getting paid by them or anything, I'm just a massive fanboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

delta36 wrote: »
    Same as myself, started playing regularly again recently, it's just so much fun. Whether it be killing centaurs, hunting down skill points, or just beating a beer thief to death with a garden hoe, I really enjoy it.

I'm not getting paid by them or anything, I'm just a massive fanboy.

The game IS fun, but many people don't know 'how' to play without a game saying "grind for....".

I've been making the most of the marionette this past week before it's gone XD.

So, today's update....gotta tip my hat to Arenanet, seems pretty damn fun so far...not gonna spoil any of it for people who haven't logged in yet, but I think they've done it very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

its deadly!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive being playing a bit the last few days and quite enjoying just roaming around doing random stuff while leveling my elementalist.
    I might play some of my 80 Guardian at some point to see if theres any way to progress him.
    Im kinda lost trying to work out all thats changed since i last played.
    Its a fun distraction while i wait for ESO,Wildstar and wow expansion,one of which i will definitely be getting,meanwhile im enjoying my time with GW2,its just a chillaxed game to play and mess about with.

Dcully wrote: »
    I might play some of my 80 Guardian at some point to see if theres any way to progress him..

If you use a Staff Guardian in the new Lion's Arch invasion event, you get an absolutely insane amount of loot due to tagging almost everything. Do it in a party and it's incredible. I filled up my inventory (7 slots with 15-20 slot bags in each) during one 50 minute period in there.

It's also great fun, they've really trashed the place.

If you use a Staff Guardian in the new Lion's Arch invasion event, you get an absolutely insane amount of loot due to tagging almost everything. Do it in a party and it's incredible. I filled up my inventory (7 slots with 15-20 slot bags in each) during one 50 minute period in there.

It's also great fun, they've really trashed the place.

Guess I'll bring my guardian to it so, level him a bit as well. I was using my new warrior in the event, but I prefer being able to boost other people and throw down combo fields for support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

feckin inventory management is getting a serious workout in Lions Arch hah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Just started playing the game again this week while i wait for wildstar. Having some fun, the dungeons and personal story are the best aspects imo. The dynamic events in this game are all too similar imo.

I have mixed feelings about the lions arch event. It's all just zerging and it feels as if my character doesnt make any difference to the fight, as soon as i target something i get one hit in before it's killed.

Is it just me or are the rewards for the belonging token things very crappy? I thought that there would be some nice cosmetic pieces or something but the main reward is just a recipe. That said i haven't been level 80 for very long so i might not know what r stuff does.

Think I finally got into my element with this tonight. Rolled an Ele little while back, and I really enjoyed the fighting. It's so easy to switch from support to damage dealer so I really feel like I'm helping out the group both ways.

@Eoin: The recipes are for back items that can be quite powerful. Alternatively, you can turn in the found items for items that give your characters levels. Out of interest, what class are you playing? For these zerg events, I've found anything that doesn't do AoE damage is not that great.

Saying that, 100 belongings + 3 silver makes the LA event a good way to level your alts, plus it's so much damn fun to play! :D Don't think the ESO Beta will get a look in this weekend for me.

http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/escape-from-lions-arch/

idk if you know about this site but it always has guides for the latest living story and shows what rewards you can get and how to get them.

i just got the selfless potion so i have a halo when i want it for my guardian, im actually enjoying the event the zergs are annoying though as people dont think to rescue the citizens and follow the zerg, if you get 1200 rescued within the time frame you get a nice bonus backpack which so far has netted me around 60 gold and some very nice items which i didnt sell along with all 5 different quaggan endless potions, i have a few doubles of them so when the prices go up i will be selling them. i also managed to snag a few pieces from the packs from earlier living storys including a back pack which i sold for 18 gold.

guardian with staff is definatly a good choice if you want to farm lootbags though as the 1 attack and 3 attack can tag a lot of mobs meaning more drops.

not too keen on the latest backpack look its a bit strange and its account bound once you put all 4 pieces of the backpack plan into the mistic forge to assemble it. but saying that i have made one to just below ascended level
    http://dulfy.net/2014/02/18/gw2-spinal-blade-backpiece/

Eoin247 i dont know what class your playing but do you have any area attacks? ie guardians staff/ rangers raining arrows thing/ necro`s marks etc etc
    if so try doing one of them a few seconds after the mobs spawn and you should tag them, the mobs have a spawn imunity of a second or so so dont go right away unless its a long lasting attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

i'm playing a mesmer, which isn't the best for aoe i think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im finding the dungeon boss fights to be far too simplistic.
    Granted i havent ran everything yet.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    i'm playing a mesmer, which isn't the best for aoe i think.
    ive not been on my mesmer in ages but im sure there is a area attack .... runs off to check will post back soon as ive looked.

only ones i can really see of much use would be these attacks

greatsword 3 and 5
    staff 5
    pistol 5

the rest are not much good for area attacks suppose thats the downside of being a mesmer

weapons i checked
    pistol
    focus
    sceptre
    staff great sword
    sword

Dcully wrote: »
    Im finding the dungeon boss fights to be far too simplistic.
    Granted i havent ran everything yet.

Try higher level fractals.
    or run with PuGs who don't know what they're doing :pac:

Try higher level fractals.
    or run with PuGs who don't know what they're doing :pac:

lol or even lower level fractals with pugs who dont know what their doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

<modsnip - Selling accounts is in violation of the ToU, so is not allowed on boards.ie. Sorry>

Final update for this Living Story arc, the Battle for Lion's Arch, comes out on the 4th.

Enough fleeing, now we fight back! :D

12841676423_fa46e48761_c.jpg

• Advertisement

ive easy made over 100+ gold on this and the last event, a shed load of nice drops which ive kept a few of.
    what annoyed me was all the bugs that have plagued this event, like the failing knights events and their bugged loot, glad to see thats mostly fixed now, just need people to realise its only 50 people per knight now and zergs dont work for them like they did last week.

ive easy made over 100+ gold on this and the last event, a shed load of nice drops which ive kept a few of.
    what annoyed me was all the bugs that have plagued this event, like the failing knights events and their bugged loot, glad to see thats mostly fixed now, just need people to realise its only 50 people per knight now and zergs dont work for them like they did last week.

I have had no issue with people realising they need to split per knight(Aurora Glade & Desolate, anyway), and btw 30 per knight is more than enough. Especially now that the knights health has been nerfed by 25%.

My issue with the event is the holos. The very rare chance of good loot isn't worth 30 minutes playing with that horrible flashing. I played the knight enough to get my cores, and that'll be it.

I have had no issue with people realising they need to split per knight(Aurora Glade & Desolate, anyway), and btw 30 per knight is more than enough. Especially now that the knights health has been nerfed by 25%.

My issue with the event is the holos. The very rare chance of good loot isn't worth 30 minutes playing with that horrible flashing. I played the knight enough to get my cores, and that'll be it.

i play on aurora glade and ive been their for the knights to fail 5 times in a row (main not overflow) cos people all went red or such not even listening to the fact their doing 0 damage without the buff worst i saw was on green where only 3 people turned up till their was like 3 mins left

drops wise apart from 1 run on the holos ive had decent exo`s which have sold for up to 18 gold (yaks helmet with adventures rune, spore back pack etc, the rest of the stuff ive salvaged for mats and made a mint off too and filled my mats stock back up aswell. ive also had the bow arc 3 times and mecha anchor hammer 3 times so i think they must be quite common drops, my mf is 98% without buffs and i have had it run at 280%+ for a lot of the events using my stockpile of buffs and banners.

maybe ive just been lucky with the drops cos of my mf?

i play on aurora glade and ive been their for the knights to fail 5 times in a row (main not overflow) cos people all went red or such not even listening to the fact their doing 0 damage without the buff worst i saw was on green where only 3 people turned up till their was like 3 mins left

drops wise apart from 1 run on the holos ive had decent exo`s which have sold for up to 18 gold (yaks helmet with adventures rune, spore back pack etc, the rest of the stuff ive salvaged for mats and made a mint off too and filled my mats stock back up aswell. ive also had the bow arc 3 times and mecha anchor hammer 3 times so i think they must be quite common drops, my mf is 98% without buffs and i have had it run at 280%+ for a lot of the events using my stockpile of buffs and banners.

maybe ive just been lucky with the drops cos of my mf?

Apparently Mf has nothing to do with the RNG from those boxes or the ultimate civ rescue bag.
    I think you've been pretty lucky getting exotics. I've done the knights about 25-30 times, I've done the holos 5 times, and not single exotic drop. I've gotten he odd yellow.

What time have you been on, on AG? With the recent patches or? From my experience people have been splitting pretty well.
    I'd say alot of the people who know the mechanics are bored with it though and have pretty much stopped with LA, and there's probably still new people who don't know. Which leads to fails.

Apparently Mf has nothing to do with the RNG from those boxes or the ultimate civ rescue bag.
    I think you've been pretty lucky getting exotics. I've done the knights about 25-30 times, I've done the holos 5 times, and not single exotic drop. I've gotten he odd yellow.

What time have you been on, on AG? With the recent patches or? From my experience people have been splitting pretty well.
    I'd say alot of the people who know the mechanics are bored with it though and have pretty much stopped with LA, and there's probably still new people who don't know. Which leads to fails.

ive played at a lot of different times from morning to prime time to late night prime time is usually the times ive seen it complete but even then a few fails, not sure of how many times ive done the knights but atleast ammount as many times as you have done, i did do a 6 hour stint at running them but i usually play for about 3-4 hours a day atleast over these last 2 events, most of that time is spent in LA.
    i managed to do 2 runs on the holos yesterday and got decent loot on one and crap loot but decent mats and a recipee i already had (celestial) on the other.

ive completed most of the living world events apart from twilight assualt, the origns of madness, the edge of the mists, mainly due to taking a break and dealing with family issues, and not particulary liking the events compaired to others.

ive played this event and the last one escpae and battle since they came out, as ive enjoyed the story and can finaly say bye bye to the annoying plant i wish had greenfly scarlet.

you are probably right about the people who know, not doing the events. this always seems to happen about half way through each episode, people get bored after doing them and once they have the acheivements done, dont bother any more.
    although escape from LA seemed to be very active from start to finish probably cos of the loot bags droppign like flies and also the champ bags and the refuge bags

Also a lot of WvW coms would come in flagged on at the start of battle for LA and create zergs cos pugs cant help but follow them :D which probably didnt help in the first few days of battle for LA, that and the broken knight drops or menders on blue taking it back to full health.

• Advertisement

So, a "feature pack" has been announced, coming on April 15th, with brand new systems, improvements to existing systems etc. Seems like a major overhaul. The updates are being teased in blog posts, the first one shows how the trait system is being changed.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

Part I'm looking forward to the most from that is the addition of new Grandmaster traits, that you have to go out into the world and slay a specific boss/discover a new area to unlock. Brings me back to the old way elite skills were handled in the first game.

They've also made skins and dyes account bound, more or less. There's now a Wardrobe that you can use to store your skins.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dyes-in-the-new-account-wardrobe/

Far better system, for me. Especially the Dye thing. Been waiting for that for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

They've also made skins and dyes account bound, more or less. There's now a Wardrobe that you can use to store your skins.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dyes-in-the-new-account-wardrobe/

Far better system, for me. Especially the Dye thing. Been waiting for that for ages.

It always bugged me that dyes were never account bound when almost everything else is account shared. The wardrobe changes are an improvement as having to pay just because the item you want to transmute was level 80 sucked. Dye's no longer dropping in the real world and the changes to traits will make it harder on new players tho.

Feature pack out tonight/today, folks.

Explanatory video, looking pretty good:

im hoping its in the next 10 mins or so <_<

I've been looking forward to this so much. The addition of new Grandmaster traits especially!

such a late patch, but rather happy with it so far
    new trait system sees ok but i forgot what my guardian build was as ive been using it so long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Mite pop in later. Is this the return of the beet root king !bah baa bahm

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭_Puma_

After reading the blog posts most things seemed to be fairly common sense and quality of life improvements but the one thing that stuck out at me was the World Boss schedules.

Some of my fondest memories of Guild wars 2 was playing in a zone solo and kind of ad hoc grouping with other people to complete a world event that goes on to spawn a world boss. Fantastic sense of exploration, achievement and a "whats going to happen next" sense is in my opinion what all MMO's should strive for in a "Living World".

One of my most hated parts of Guild wars 2 was the Champion train and their implementation of the "Living World" arcs based on a strict timed schedule with events happening like clockwork and people grouping in trains to tag the next champion.

This patch seems to have moved all world events towards the latter. A Huge mistake in my opinion. Instead of forcing people into a strict schedule of "doing the rounds" for bosses the should have incentivised people to group together if they happen to be in the same zone through the "Tracks" system.

It seems I'm not alone in my opinion, the forums have exploded with angry posters about now not being able to do world bosses because of Anets new schedules. It particularly hits us in Ireland and the UK hard because the last "Mega" bosses will now only spawn at 7pm every day. So no more "mega Bosses" after 7 pm for us....

What seems like a not too well thought out mechanic has the potential of destroying the game that I enjoyed so much for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is anyone still playing this?

I've just started again after dropping off pretty much at launch. Re-rolled a new Guardian character for some WvW having my old 80 Warrior now cast to legend.

How is WvW? Any one class dominating everything else?

• Advertisement
Advertisement