Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fgaha

Does anybody know if any of the innotabs or cameras are in new ross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

So are the ipads €379 and €479 or €229 and €329 after the discount of €150?

F&F are running a promotion at the moment, €5 off whenyou spend €25 or more on clothing instore. It is valid from yesterday to 21/04. They are black brochures at the cashier desks.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

Nerf hail fire was reduced to 15 in Clearwater, about 6 left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭ablelocks

15% off all iTunes vouchers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Nice'N Easy permanent Hair Colour Dark Burgundy Brown 113A

€1.89 in Tesco Balbriggan (usual price 7.59)

I bought a box of this 2 weeks ago in Tesco and put in in last Sunday, from the clearance shelve near the hair dryers.

I really like the colour and bought a couple more boxes today (6 left on shelve at 3pm today)

clairol-nice-n-easy-permanent-hair-colour-natural-dark-burgundy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Tradnuts

Tesco in maynooth have their own-brand power tools from 35euro down to 8 ish.

i got this:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-180w-13-sheet-sander/737-0599.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=737-0599

and this:
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-650w-jigsaw/100-0979.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=100-0979

they had a 12v drill and and a hammer drill too..

2 or 3 of each left.

i know they aren't any good quality, but only 8 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

So are the ipads €379 and €479 or €229 and €329 after the discount of €150?

The prices on the Tesco website for iPad 2 are listed as €379, €479 and €579. Op said the price on the yellow sticker read €379 and €479 so that must be the discounted price http://www.tesco.ie/ipad/ipad2.aspx

There's some good deals on the refurbs on the apple site if you aren't fussy. http://store.apple.com/ie/search/ipad-2#!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

The Easter Eggs that were 3 for €5 are now €1.50 each

I Think that there are a few extra eggs included in this offer not just the usual cadbury and nestle ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Most of these are 1.29 in Aldi if that helps anyone

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I Think that there are a few extra eggs included in this offer not just the usual cadbury and nestle ones

Were the eggs not 3 for €4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Yawns wrote: »
    Were the eggs not 3 for €4?
    They were 3 for €4 last weekend, then from Monday they were 3 for €5, now €1.50 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

and Tesco are wondering why they're losing business to Aldi & Lidl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Gmaximum

1001 carpet stain remover should be €3.74 scanning as €1.74 in Nutgrove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

and Tesco are wondering why they're losing business to Aldi & Lidl?

put a cent on every item and they make another quizillion....quaking in their boots I bet

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

Armelodie wrote: »
    put a cent on every item and they make another quizillion....quaking in their boots I bet

Would not say quizillion, but the £3.3bn profit compared to the previous years £3.5bn the year before is worrying the shareholders .
    .2 billion is quite a lot of dosh.

More than I make for sure. :pac:

25% off when you buy 6 bottles of wine starts today and runs till Easter Monday i think

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

25% off when you buy 6 bottles of wine starts today and runs till Easter Monday i think

25% off, and a tenner off when you spend 50.........
    I think wine is on the menu for Easter.
    Tesco Finest Zinfandel and some of their other 'Finest' own brands are actually quite good (remarkably better than the name brands at similar prices).
    Given the new tax regime- two bottles- same price- the one with the screw cap will have wine valued at 3-4 times that of the corked (:D) bottle (at the lower end of the market). Using whether the bottle has a screw cap or a cork as a taxation method- is madness.........

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Given the new tax regime- two bottles- same price- the one with the screw cap will have wine valued at 3-4 times that of the corked (:D) bottle (at the lower end of the market). Using whether the bottle has a screw cap or a cork as a taxation method- is madness.........

Has the whole tax regime on wines changed - cap has never had any relevance to tax rate (except maybe in sparkling wine)??????????????

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Has the whole tax regime on wines changed - cap has never had any relevance to tax rate (except maybe in sparkling wine)??????????????

Me bad.
    This table has the excise per EU country listed on it
    No great surprise that we're the most expensive in the EU for both still and sparkling wine excise duties, at approx. Eur40 and Eur80 a case, excise, respectively (plus VAT at 27% ontop of this). The only change was we put another 50c a bottle on excise in the last budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Is this definitely on from today? Can't find any mention of it on their (crap) website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

cathalj wrote: »
    Is this definitely on from today? Can't find any mention of it on their (crap) website.

Yes, was just in tesco and the "25% off" signage is up everywhere in the off-license.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

B0jangles wrote: »
    Yes, was just in tesco and the "25% off" signage is up everywhere in the off-license.

Cheers ! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

40" LED FullHD Toshiba Tvs in Stillorgan for 339, about 3 there near the entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Will they take a lidl/aldi voucher on this also ??

soundsham wrote: »

Yes! :):D

soundsham wrote: »

If its not An express yeah they'll take the voucher if in date etc

Can you use the Aldi etc voucher to buy phone credit?

Can you use the Aldi etc voucher to buy phone credit?

I asked- I was told- no phone credit, lottery tickets or baby food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭s982102

I can confirm that phone credits are ok with the voucher!

s982102 wrote: »
    I can confirm that phone credits are ok with the voucher!

I seem to get very grouchy staff in Maynooth......... :confused:

I seem to get very grouchy staff in Maynooth......... :confused:

Very odd store tbh, a couple of the underlings went crazy a few months back when I bought a shed load of the 1c games and dvds, did just get a bargain of sorts down there though, two series 9 lego mini figures for €2.24 each, a few years old but could be good figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Tesco are updating their range of Cameras and Sat Navs at the moment.

There are store specific reductions on the old range (some may be ex-display)
    I was just in Arklow and there were quite a few cameras reduced .. Prices are approx
    I few I remember were
    Fuji T350 €27
    GE x400 €36
    Olympus SZ14 around €80 in red
    Garmin nuvi 50 (can't remember price)

again will be very store specific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Tesco douglas are finally clearing out their games section (cardboard stand downstairs)

i got Mario 3d on 3ds for €10, other games (brain training...etc) are €5 again, and they had ps3/xbox/wii games reduced,

loads including ps3 Batman Arkam asylum and Bioshock 2, Xbox360 The simpsons, Wii Music etc for €10.

also they had a wheel there that if you spun you got free Lindt easter goodies, i saw people winning bunnies, (the €4 ones) boxes of chocolates and we won the little set of chocolate chicks they have.

• Advertisement

the game clearance is on in all stores, it includes consoles but only certain types and not all stores have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Got the xbox 360 kinect star wars bundle today in Tesco Sligo for 99 euro. R2-D2 style console with a 320gb hdd, kinect, kinect star wars game and a c-3po joypad.

I had no problem last week using a Lidl 10/50 coupon at Tesco in Castlebar to buy a total of €50 in items, including €20 phone top-up. But today I tried to do the same in Tesco Claremorris and was turned down. The cashier called a manager over and she pointed to the phrase "terms and conditions apply" but of course there was no mention of phone credit as being an excluded item. I didn't argue the point.

Are others having a similar experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Nope as far as I know the only conditions are standard.
    cigarettes, baby formula, lottery, tobacco.
    phone credit shouldn't be included. I haven't had any problems so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭crayon80

Could anyone post a pdf of the instore leaflet about Tescos accepting competitors coupons ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

leck wrote: »
    I had no problem last week using a Lidl 10/50 coupon at Tesco in Castlebar to buy a total of €50 in items, including €20 phone top-up. But today I tried to do the same in Tesco Claremorris and was turned down. The cashier called a manager over and she pointed to the phrase "terms and conditions apply" but of course there was no mention of phone credit as being an excluded item. I didn't argue the point.

Are others having a similar experience?

Went to Tesco Swinford last night. First of all asked the girl at the checkout do they accept the Lidl vouchers and can I use it to get €30 Top Up plus some groceries, she said yeah, no problem. Was delighted, went back to pick up few bits and bobs and back to the same girl. There were few people in front of me so some guy pops out out of nowhere and takes me to the next till. Gave him the voucher and asked for a top up too and he said that can't accept it as the voucher can only be used against the groceries. Told him I asked someone else 5mins earlier and it was fine. He was insisting that they shouldn't be accepting it. Went to Customer Service afterwards and she said it should be OK but she'll need to check it with the manager. And here comes your man again :/ Told him that wasn't impressed. Not that he cared ;) Hope to try it in Sligo tomorrow. Was pretty annoyed all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Gormal

crayon80 wrote: »
    Could anyone post a pdf of the instore leaflet about Tescos accepting competitors coupons ?

This is the flyer, says T&Cs apply see in store for details, wonder where instore? But did read that Tesco Express stores are a no go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noodles55

Think I read on there fb page somewhere that they dont accept it against phone credit and petrol and vouchers/giftcards and the usual other suspects. They had replied to someone asking anout the terms and conditions just cant seem to find it again now

The manager I met today said something about baby formula being excluded too, but since the "we accept competitors coupons" flyer does not list the T&Cs, it's hard to know what the exceptions are. The manager also went onto say that they wouldn't be reimbursed if they accepted the coupons on phone credit. But they wouldn't be reimbursed for other items either. Maybe she was trying to say is that they have little or no profit margin on phone credit.

Maybe each store is setting their own policies on how to accept the coupons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I didnt see that anywhere but you can use them for electrical etc, not just groceries. No idea about phone credit, but may have seen that you cant use it to buy gift cards, wonder if you can buy itunes vouchers?

I found a 1c game again in the omni in santry, crazy senior staff member not sure if she was a manager as I have seen her dressed in the blue jacket of senior staff told me it is against the law to sell items at 1c when questioned on this absurd line she could not tell me which law it was that prohibits such sale, her manager wouldn't give me the game. Sonic Mario London 2012 for 3ds btw, sorry for rant this is the third time this has happened in the same store, I did manage to get Mario 3D Land for 3DS for €10 in the same store, think I will avoid them from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

Seems like it depends on who you get at the checkout really and it varies from store to store too. Some stores and members of staff accept the vouchers against both phone credit and gift cards, others don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

:mad::mad::mad: Bought all my Easter Eggs in Tesco on Wednesday and they reduced all the ones I bought to half price the next day :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Tesco in kinnegad games sale back on.
    Picked up
    UFC personal trainer..wii €5
    Metro 2033..Xbox €1
    Max Payne 3..Xbox €5
    Street fighter x tekken..Xbox €5
    Saints row the third..ps3 €5
    Kane & Lynch 2 dog days..ps3 €5

Many many more games across 3 formats..wii,xbox,ps3
    Some games are €10 on ps3 but €5 on Xbox (same game)
    Call of duty ps3 was €10
    Assassins creed 3 ps3 €5
    Dirt 3 ps3 €5
    Mario sonic 2012 Olympics wii €5

Member of staff was freshly putting them out about 2 hours ago by the frozen section on a stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Only Easter eggs left in kinnegad was cream egg and mini egg with mug.€5 each
    No other eggs left at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement