Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sorry Lith.....know what that's like!:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh Lithium, i hope you have all the support you need, terribly difficult to bear..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

sorry about your friend lith. It's very hard for the rest of us to understand and we always think that maybe there was something we could have done to change things
    But truth is you can't prevent it even if you could follow them around every second It leaves you with an empty feeling that doesn't ever quite go away. If only you'd known but you couldn't know they usually went to great lengths to hide it from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Jesus, Lith you poor thing :( *hugs* I am very sorry for your loss. I know what you're going through buddy. Hope you're doing ok.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I post this with a very heavy heart, I found out late Monday evening that a friend of mine i went to secondary school with for 6 years, had hung himself :(, it took the wind right out of my sails when i found out.

Sorry to hear that lith,hope your ok.

Grid. wrote: »
    Are ya alright Sepher.....PM if ya need to talk.:(
    Hope you're ok Seph. :(
    :(

Huuuugs for Seph!! <3
    I'm here if you want to talk.
    cgh wrote: »
    hope all is ok Seph,
    Sephiroth, i know i'm a noob here but i hope all is ok with you and yours.
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Hope it al works out Seph, PM's are there dude
    EZ24GET wrote: »
    Sorry for your bad news Seph My thoughts are with you. Try to make it a good day in spite of eveything.
    Hope you're OK Seph, we're all here for you. :) x
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    We're all here for ya Seph if ya ever need to blow off some steam.
    *hugs* for steph, I hope everything is ok. If you need to talk, pm is open

Thanks pals,hopefully everything will be sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Nice to see you back Seph.

Hope Lith is ok too.

I need my lips sewn shut!!!

I'm never going to get to my goal weight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I need my lips sewn shut!!!

I'm never going to get to my goal weight :(

Will get there Paws. Longer you keep up the diet, more inclined you Will be to keep it up for the future & maintain.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Will get there Paws. Longer you keep up the diet, more inclined you Will be to keep it up for the future & maintain.

I'm just getting frustrated.. :o

I'm just getting frustrated.. :o

Want me to put on my mankini & turn into Mr Motivator?

• Advertisement

Interesting.. Yes please,

I am sick with nerves :( Tomorrow I have to make a few life changes and they are for the better! However my anxiety is crippling me and I can only see the negative :( I really hate change but it is to better my future and career! Stupid anxiety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    I am sick with nerves :( Tomorrow I have to make a few life changes and they are for the better! However my anxiety is crippling me and I can only see the negative :( I really hate change but it is to better my future and career! Stupid anxiety!

I totally get you MT. I suffer with my nerves terribly too.

Whatever you have to do tomorrow, maybe get there really early so that you can have some quiet time to yourself to calm down.

I know you can get through this. Best of luck MT xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

You can totally do it mozzie! Follow your dream.they will survive without you and once you get started you will never look back!

Change is always hard to deal with Mozzie, but as you say it is for the better. Look on the positive of what is happening & this time next week you will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

Thanks Ted :) I know change is tough but it is for the better. I think it's more the thought of it than anything else. Just have to roll with it!

Been through a lot of changes with work over past 2 years, moved to new team just over a year ago & had to train someone in a few months after. Not only did I have to learn the ropes, but also show someone else.

Came through it somehow with no fckups of note.

Edit: not trying to detract or make your situation as less important Mozzie btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

you can do it mozz! having been though a lot of change in the last few years it is rather scary, but if it's for the better it will be good. Plenty of positive thinking/taking one day at a time/deep breathing has helped me, everyone is different so may not work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Having self esteem crisis.

People are doing my head in.

And my Dad who is already ill now needs cataract surgery next year. He can't have it now because he needs to wait until he gets better from a more serious illness.

Someone who I think should be there is being a jerk and is really testing my emotional boundaries.

On the up side. My brother is an amazing and sweet person. My mate got engaged to a sweet girl. I am going out hopefully this weekend with great people. I have really great girlfriends who seem to think I am worth caring about for some reason and whenever I feel bad help me feel better about myself. And my Mom is inspirational.

Also my dog is the ****ing ****! He is a cool dude! All I need is a kitten.

xxxx hugs all!

*hugs* for lou

My own little brood is a lack of confidence/doubt about my writing, it annoys cos when writing I wonder is what I'm writing is actually good enough for selling. Then I get into this circle of being afraid to write in case it isn't and I end up getting nowhere! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mozz and lou m, I hope everything works out for ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

*hugs* for lou

My own little brood is a lack of confidence/doubt about my writing, it annoys cos when writing I wonder is what I'm writing is actually good enough for selling. Then I get into this circle of being afraid to write in case it isn't and I end up getting nowhere! :(

Anytime you want to send some stuff to someone I'm here I love sharing writing stuff.

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND! I keep entering writing competitions for short stories I got on the shortlist for two of them. Short stories are great they tend to be finished before you get the nerves too much!.

I have much more confidence in non fiction writing for some reason.

Well hang in there you are better than you think! :)

*hugs* for lou

Dont doubt yourself smiler, believe in yourself, write whatever feels natural to you and worry about it being good enough to sell/publish later on, get it written first, all your pals here in the noc forum believe in you :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dont doubt yourself smiler, believe in yourself, write whatever feels natural to you and worry about it being good enough to sell/publish later on, get it written first, all your pals here in the noc forum believe in you :)

Nods head.. Yes we do!. I'll be awaiting my signed copy too ya know.. :-)

Thanks for the support lads:o:D will try to get it written first and worry about publishing/selling later...was one of those days for me last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Toothache is an absolute nightmare. :(:(:( I can't bear it. :(

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Toothache is an absolute nightmare. :(:(:( I can't bear it. :(

Aww God I know what that's like:(....had an unbearable one about a month ago and had to have an emergency appointment with the dentist to take it out.......was excruciating pain!! The only thing i found that relieved the pain was
    gargling several times a day with mouthwash and some nurofen. Hope you get it sorted soon kiss!!;)

Need a bit of a rant to get this off my chest

I'm not sure if this is just me or not... but when you have a relationship or friendship with someone I find it awful annoying that I have to keep things going, this includes chats and suggesting things to do. In my experience it should be a two way street, a bit from them and a bit from me. Lately it's all me that's making the effort:(

btw I don't mean any of you lot, you're all great:) <3

Smiler, I feel like that in real life, like I should always stick my oar in if I want to talk to anyone.. Now I don't want to always be the one opening conversation, I don't know if I'm interrupting or, in my more paranoid moments, if I'm wanted at all.

• Advertisement

I know that feeling too guys. I always feel like I'm annoying people by wanting to talk to them.

Advertisement