Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Techmaster wrote: »
    This is a much, much better phone. The difference will be like night and day.

Wow really? Ok cool. I'll see if I can pick one up in my local Vodafone store tomorrow. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Just as long as they aren't expecting some iOS only app/game to be available on Android then you're golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Wow really? Ok cool. I'll see if I can pick one up in my local Vodafone store tomorrow. Thanks!

Definitely. But it's also a massive change to an iPhone 4s

It's a MUCH larger phone. Will probably take 2 hands to use most of the time.

Also it might take your other half a while to get used to Android over iOS but you're putting her on the right path :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

is the phone worth buying any major disadvantages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Didn't see any sign of this in Galway today, stocks must be low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Didn't see them on display in Grafton st, they were behind the counter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Out of stock also on the Vodafone website, and I'm not going near done deal.

It's available in store at this price too if you can find one that still have stock.

rvpalldway wrote: »
    is the phone worth buying any major disadvantages?

Only negative I have to say about it is its a bit slippy in the hand but I'm buying a case for it anyway which should hopefully sort that problem. Other than that I can't really fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Only negative I have to say about it is its a bit slippy in the hand but I'm buying a case for it anyway which should hopefully sort that problem. Other than that I can't really fault it.

Where are you buying the case? I can't find one for it anywhere.

Where are you buying the case? I can't find one for it anywhere.

From aliexpress. Its for the zte blade s6 plus but it'll fit as thats what this phone is before it was Vodafone branded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Didn't see them on display in Grafton st, they were behind the counter

They've one sitting on the carousel display by the door if you just wanted to get a feel for its size etc. Not switched on and you can't pick it up and play with it though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

From aliexpress. Its for the zte blade s6 plus but it'll fit as thats what this phone is before it was Vodafone branded.

The buttons on the side are different though...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I think I'll buy this soon to replace my S4 which has had a smashed screen for almost a year now. Seems like an absolute bargain. And I can finally get back to stock android after dealing with Samsung ****e for almost 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Does it support usb otg? Thanks

After having this phone for a day now and I played with it a lot to find only one problem. I guess this could be sorted out with a software update but the camera is quite poor in darker conditions. In good bright situations its the business but you really have to put the camera in manual mode and play with the settings to get the best if it. Manual focus is best, the auto mode is hit and miss but not a disaster either. I'm gonna try google camera and see how that compares. The front 5mp camera is excellent and I could selfie all day with it.

All my important apps like Viber, whattsapp, Skype, 'temple run :p' all work flawlessly thank god. Multitasking is great on this, stuff doesn't close in the background like the old Moto G's did. Its a steal I'd recommend anyone get this if your budget is under €200, you cannot go wrong it. You'll be laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I also have an iphone4 on Bill pay with Three and am due an upgrade however they are quoting lotto numbers for an iphone 5 or 6.

Can I purchase this and use the sim from my iphone 4 or do I have to change to ' pay as you go' account.

The buttons on the side are different though...

Feck, didn't realise that. And it only shipped today!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What type of sim card does this take ?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Once its unlocked, it means any network will work on it,provided you have a nano sim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Trish56 wrote: »
    I also have an iphone4 on Bill pay with Three and am due an upgrade however they are quoting lotto numbers for an iphone 5 or 6.

Can I purchase this and use the sim from my iphone 4 or do I have to change to ' pay as you go' account.

Get the Ultra 6 and cancel your bill with three. Get a nano sim from 48months and for a tenner a month you can get 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB data.

• Advertisement

Just buy it on payg as as a new connection. Throw that Vodafone sim away. Buy the unlock code from eBay. Go into a 3 store and ask for a nano sim replacement. They'll give ya one foc. Then pop the new 3 sim in and input the unlock code and away ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

was there a 5" version of the ZTE blade S6? Picked this up at lunch and looking online for a case that will arrive quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I have an excellent deal with three on the pay monthly account as it's a business account and there a few phones on it so don't want to move. I just checked and have a micro sim. Can I get a nano sim from three and continue with my pay account with them.
    Sorry for the stupid questions but not very up to date on these phones, sims etc.

bajer101 wrote: »
    Get the Ultra 6 and cancel your bill with three. Get a nano sim from 48months and for a tenner a month you can get 300 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I have an excellent deal with three on the pay monthly account as it's a business account and there a few phones on it so don't want to move. I just checked and have a micro sim. Can I get a nano sim from three and continue with my pay account with them.
    Sorry for the stupid questions but not very up to date on these phones, sims etc.

Sure, just ask them send you out a nano sim (or get one in a store) and get them to transfer your number to it.

Feck, didn't realise that. And it only shipped today!

You can be creative and try modify the case abit. You could make some cut outs for the buttons. Better then no case. Vodafone told me they would be getting cases for these phones in on Friday. EBay hasn't been a help for cases at all for me. IPhone 6 screen protector fits well though. Check dealz or Mr price and see if you can get one there for 1 or 2 snots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Picked one up in Navan today, just set it up now and looks impressive. Got unlock code from OP link, delivered quickly. Got a message from 48 saying they did not recognise the handset and to input the settings manually. Took a chance and had the settings for ZTE Blade S6 sent and they work fine for the data. Getting rid of the Vodafone crap as we speak. :)

Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

What s the battery like on this the Ultra 6?

Still at 50% after an average day of use. Can't remember the last phone I had that had a battery like this.

• Advertisement

Still at 50% after an average day of use. Can't remember the last phone I had that had a battery like this.

I get a day and a half from my current phone.

3000mAh batteries are the way to go!

Advertisement