Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Eircom Phonewatch Alarm Code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

squa wrote: »
    Spot on Altor, exactly what I was looking for..... thanks a lot.

I'm going to push my luck a bit further & ask if you know is it possible to disable the dialer/monitoring function? I no longer have an active phone line at my house & for obvious reasons I get a status message about once a week advising of a line fault. The control panel seems happy enough if I just acknowledge the status message for now, but I've read a few horror stories on other threads about people's alarms waking them in the middle of the night with random status messages!

Push away, if I can help I will :D

If you dont have the engineer code then no.
    The system can be connected to a laptop to get the engineer code.
    Alternatively you would need the paperwork to retrieve the code.
    If they ever send any correspondence about the alarm it may be enclosed in this also.
    An expensive option would be to ask P.W for a call out to change the code for you, not many people go down that route.

The problem you face is if Eircom kill the power going to the line, this will cause a line fault as the system is checking the voltage on the line. At the moment it is checking the line once a week (good ole P.W.) The reason I say this is because the system should be set up to test the line every 24 hours. You would need a call out then to delete these numbers if they ever do kill the power.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭squa

Yep, you are of course correct..... the line fault came up Sunday evening, so I'm assuming that the power to the line is now off & I can also expect to see this message every Sunday evening!

Do you know what's the process for connecting a laptop to the control panel? I'm assuming that I need some sort of custom cable & software to communicate with the alarm.

Yep, you are of course correct..... the line fault came up Sunday evening, so I'm assuming that the power to the line is now off & I can also expect to see this message every Sunday evening!

Do you know what's the process for connecting a laptop to the control panel? I'm assuming that I need some sort of custom cable & software to communicate with the alarm.

No that is not the line fault as such.
    Dont worry, when you get a line fault you will know about it :D
    What you are getting is the system communicating with the monitoring station and them not sending back an ok signal to your alarm as its not monitored.
    The system will indicated this and then you acknowledge this with your user code.

You would need specific software and to know what you are doing to attempt this. I would suggest asking a local installer to do this for you if going down that route.

Ok, thanks for all the advice altor, I think I've exhausted most options at this point. I'll see if the previous owners can give me any information re. the engineering code. Otherwise I might have to get a local installer out.

Should I be worried about the possibility that the power to the line might be cut? Sounds ominous as to the results..... I'm guessing something along the lines of a continuous alarm!

Ok, thanks for all the advice altor, I think I've exhausted most options at this point. I'll see if the previous owners can give me any information re. the engineering code. Otherwise I might have to get a local installer out.

Should I be worried about the possibility that the power to the line might be cut? Sounds ominous as to the results..... I'm guessing something along the lines of a continuous alarm!

If you still have an active Eircom line then they will never turn it off but I have come across this happening. Its the beeping for faults that drives everyone crazy. You have options either way.

• Advertisement

Ok cool. We'll thanks again for all your advice & prompt replies, very much appreciated.

I might get back in touch for some more assistance if I track down the engineering codes.

Ok cool. We'll thanks again for all your advice & prompt replies, very much appreciated.

I might get back in touch for some more assistance if I track down the engineering codes.

That is no problem, use to install them so know more than most ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bikefreakvinnie

Hi,

I'd be very grateful if theres any chance I could get the engineer code for a simon xt system and any manuals. I've moved into a house with one of these panels installed...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sent you a PM re that.

Hi,

I'd be very grateful if theres any chance I could get the engineer code for a simon xt system and any manuals. I've moved into a house with one of these panels installed...

You need the paper work off the system to get the code.
    Another option is to request this code off P.W.
    They will send out a waiver form to request it.

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor, so if I dont have paper work I can still get it by requesting it from them?..

Thanks Altor, so if I dont have paper work I can still get it by requesting it from them?..

You will need to fill out forms to confirm you are the new owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Seve1980

Hi,
    Would be very grateful if someone could help with my pw alarm that keeps beebing at all hours .. Rang phonewatch and they said I'd have to get one of there engineers out at a cost as I cancelled with them a few months.. I also cancelled my home phone to..
    It's a Simon xt which keeps saying communication fail...
    Thanks again if you can help..

Seve1980 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would be very grateful if someone could help with my pw alarm that keeps beebing at all hours .. Rang phonewatch and they said I'd have to get one of there engineers out at a cost as I cancelled with them a few months.. I also cancelled my home phone to..
    It's a Simon xt which keeps saying communication fail...
    Thanks again if you can help..

The system has no line now and that is why you are getting this fault.
    You can request the code off P.W. by signing a waiver and deleting the numbers the system is dialing them on.

Sent you a P.M. re the code also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Seve1980

altor wrote: »
    The system has no line now and that is why you are getting this fault.
    You can request the code off P.W. by signing a waiver and deleting the numbers the system is dialing them on.

Sent you a P.M. re the code also.

Thanks for the info altor
    Much appreciated

Seve1980 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info altor
    Much appreciated

No probs, any other questions please let us know.

altor wrote: »
    You will need to fill out forms to confirm you are the new owner.

Thanks for all your help with it Altor - still chipping away at it...

Thanks for all your help with it Altor - still chipping away at it...

You could default this system and set it back up if you don't or cant get the code.
    Sent you the manual by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kenny2204

Hi Guys.
    I recently moved into a house with a concord alarm panel. It kept trying to dial out and cutting of the phone line. I disconnected the line and now i keep getting a fault. Can i change the programming on this so it will ring my phone and also how do i change the code. Thanks in advance.

kenny2204 wrote: »
    Hi Guys.
    I recently moved into a house with a concord alarm panel. It kept trying to dial out and cutting of the phone line. I disconnected the line and now i keep getting a fault. Can i change the programming on this so it will ring my phone and also how do i change the code. Thanks in advance.

That is the way it works. It is called line priority.
    The system if it had a domestic dialer built in can be programmed to dial ne phone and admit a series of alarm tones. A better option is to add a voice or text dialer so it can contact a few different phones on an alarm activation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 RebelYell5

I've just bought a home that has a simon 3 alarm, unmonitored. I'm presuming that I need the engineer's code (+ manual) to help configure it. I'm not intending to add a monitoring service, just to turn it.

All help appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this a phonewatch installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RebelYell5

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is this a phonewatch installation?

Yes, I've moved into a house that already has a Simon PW alarm. Thx.

I have sent you a PM with the manual & information on the engineer code.

If you are looking to get it to ring you directly.....

Drop the lid then enter your engineer code.
    Delete option 04 and done.
    Delete option 05 and done.
    Then delete option 06 and done.
    Now add option 43 and enter the phone number you want the system to call and done.
    Add option 44 10 and done.
    Add option 17, 20 and done.

Note with option 17 sometimes these panels need to see a 3 digit number.
    If so enter:
    Add option 17, 020 and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭deadbeat

hey, have the same issue as original poster - just moved into a house with phonewatch (concord system) and would like to change the code. anyone have details on how to do this? (i have the current code)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

deadbeat wrote: »
    hey, have the same issue as original poster - just moved into a house with phonewatch (concord system) and would like to change the code. anyone have details on how to do this? (i have the current code)

I'm in same boat,I've a HKC Panel and don't have engineer code to change alarm code the last owner had,how can I get code or who do I call,is it possible to change panel to one where I can self monitor via app or sim/text???

You can call the installation company and ask them or you can get any licenced company out to default and reprogramme the system for you.
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Henry2010

Hey there, can anybody help?

My eircom alarm keeps beeping every four hours - 12pm, 4am and 8am etc.

Can anybody send me the engineers code as eircom want to charge me 220 for service and new dummy bell box?
    I just don't have that type of money unfortunately. The alarm was installed in 2005 and I think it's a simon

Thanks in advance - exhausted from broken sleep......

I'm sorry we are not allowed help here with engineer codes. Shop around there are plenty of licenced companies who can look at this for you.
    You can also request the code from Phonewatch.
    I'm curious, why are they saying you need the dummy box replaced? Is the old one not working or something?:confused::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rmbkennedy

Just in a new house with eircom (simon 3) alarm panel. We have no idea what the access codes are. Can anyone tell me what the reset codes are for this? It keeps on saying "use number key to enter id" I've tried the reset procedure as per the installation guide.

Advertisement