Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kolido wrote: »
    Its a bit greedy someone diving in for the whole lot. I would rather see 5 buyers get 1 each but of course its more hassle for the seller.
    Would be interesting to see if their working if they have been lying idle for so long.

Not greedy, economics, and it's his the seller is offering them, or was.
    It's not like it's hard to buy a C64, tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I got my boxed one for free:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I would just rather if they sold separately to genuine collectors. Don't like when people buy in bulk to try and make a profit.
    I know that's life but I don't have to agree with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Its hard to tell when someone is buying in bulk to make a profit, or when someone is buying the lot to seal the deal to keep one (or X2 :pac: ) for themselves and sell the others at cost to friends who also retro collect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The seller contacted me for pricing information prior to the sale.
    They explained the circumstances of the find.
    I directed them to eBay and completed auctions for pricing and explained that I had no good information of my own to offer on value.
    I also suggested that they could use eBay, Adverts or our own Marketplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I think they may be under the impression they've found a gold mine.
    But what they have is actually just a very nice little find and they can certainly make a few euro out of, but not as much as they might be thinking.

Now, if they had found mint and new boxed original C64's and not the newer revision they would be looking at a good few euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The offer you made was on the money, they 're not worth any more than that. A few on adverts got his hopes up and he's running with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Firstly feel free to remove if deemed not suitable. Just thought it may be of interest because people into retro stuff have similar interests. If there was any interest from here I could do a better deal as well.

I have 2 ads on Adverts for 80's Toys. Bit of research gone into the Voltron Figure, it's worth more but have decided to sell it now.

Voltron Vehicle Team Giant Figure
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-antiques-collectables/voltron-matchbox-toy-figure-15-vehicle-team-edition-rare/8582533

Star Wars Rebel Transport Ship Toy
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-antiques-collectables/star-wars-rebel-transport-ship-toy-return-of-the-jedi-1982/8586586

Nice, collect 80s toys myself, that voltron is cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah that voltron is so cool. Im in saver mode right now though so I can't.

Big into 80s and 90s toys myself

There doesnt seem to be a decent thread on boards for Toy Collecting, not that i can find anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Phew! I saw the last reply was by Optimus Prime and I thought I had been struck heavily by the ban hammer :pac:

Will be sad to see the Voltron go alright but it's the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Kolido wrote: »
    I would just rather if they sold separately to genuine collectors. Don't like when people buy in bulk to try and make a profit.

I've never seen Steve sell anything to make a profit.

Anything ive ever see him sold was at a ridiculuously low price, much lower than the actual value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Doge wrote: »
    I've never seen Steve sell anything to make a profit.

Anything ive ever see him sold was at a ridiculuously low price, much lower than the actual value.

Sorry, there must have been some misunderstanding, I wasn't having a dig at anyone in particular, especially no one from this forum.

There doesnt seem to be a decent thread on boards for Toy Collecting, not that i can find anyways.

Yeah I was trying to source some monster in my pocket a while ago and had a look here, nothing.

Would it classify as an offshoot of arcade and retro?

Steady on, cool heads and all that. We are all friends here....

There is a place for general retro collecting, toys games and allsorts else
    link

It's not a dedicated forum for old toys and collectibles but it does contain such threads on occasion.

There is a place for general retro collecting, toys games and allsorts else
    link

It's not a dedicated forum for old toys and collectibles but it does contain such threads on occasion.

Ah yeah I took a look at a few threads there before and but....wasnt my cup of tea. Not the best for trying to source toys aswell

Ah yeah I took a look at a few threads there before and but....wasnt my cup of tea. Not the best for trying to source toys aswell

Yeh ventured there myself but it's pretty much about TV shows and ads etc. There's a transformers forum that's dead too. Nothing for collectors at all really, not even retro toys but toys, statues etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah I was trying to source some monster in my pocket a while ago and had a look here, nothing.

Yeh ventured there myself but it's pretty much about TV shows and ads etc. There's a transformers forum that's dead too. Nothing for collectors at all really, not even retro toys but toys, statues etc

If you guys think there might be the foundations of a decent forum there, why not request one :) There definitely is a gap for toys, so if you were to make a proposal for a new forum, just explain what you'd like the new forum to be for etc, here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

Yeah I'll submit a request over the weekend sure. How difficult is it to get a trading or marketplace approved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Cool. Always thought there should be a dedicated area for toys and collectibles: Transfomers, Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, or by company, Hasbro, Neca etc.

Yeah I'll submit a request over the weekend sure. How difficult is it to get a trading or marketplace approved?

In the case of the A&R Marketplace, it wasn't too difficult because there was the pre-existing trading/swaps forum before the marketplace - so the marketplace was just a natural evolution really. To do the same with a Toys forum, I'd imagine you'd need to get a decent forum up & running first, & perhaps have a trading thread in it that's actively used etc. To move on to a full marketplace, would come later, obviously depending on the dynamics of the forum & depending on Admin/staff view of it.

ripperman wrote: »
    Cool. Always thought there should be a dedicated area for toys and collectibles: Transfomers, Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, or by company, Hasbro, Neca etc.

I think there's scope for such a thing, there's definitely a that-shaped hole in the forum coverage anyway. The closest we had was the old Toys & Boardgames forum....but the toy chat in it was practically zero. Perhaps on it's own, a toys forum might do better. I'd imagine you'd see some collectors etc use it, but I could also see parents etc using it for advice on current/modern toys too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Definitely a great idea for a forum. Will give the thread a +1 when it goes up.

My Action Force Mobile Command Centre was delivered yesterday. Sitting around in the folks waiting for me to pick it up. Box is huge :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Collectable books, comics, magazines, cards and other paper based stuff would be nice if included.

Ok so ill get the ball rolling on this the weekend.

Im into my trading cards aswell so would a "paper" section be worthwhile aswell?

Anyone with any more ideas?

Pm me sure if you dont want to be clogging up this thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

eddhorse wrote: »

sweet mother of croissants!! :eek:

Should be able get this Akira Blu Ray to your parcel motel for £5.

http://www.zoom.co.uk/product/akira_blu_ray

Argos have the GameCube adapters for the WiiU back in stock, just the one peer most stores though.

Ha!
    This just popped up in the Xbox section of Adverts,
    Get them while they're hot!

http://www.adverts.ie/8658131

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Just to let people know, there are 3 remaining "New" Commodore 64's available from that batch I purchased from last night.
    They do not have the tape deck, but should be as minty as he ones I got(I didn't look at them).

The seller has asked me to check if anyone wants them here before they end up on eBay or Adverts.

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Just to let people know, there are 3 remaining "New" Commodore 64's available from that batch I purchased from last night.
    They do not have the tape deck, but should be as minty as he ones I got(I didn't look at them).

The seller has asked me to check if anyone wants them here before they end up on eBay or Adverts.

How much were they again Steve?

How much were they again Steve?

I paid 110 each(including the tape deck for each).

But just to be clear, I've nothing to do with the rest of the them. I'm just helping the seller out as they don't use boards themselves.

I paid 110 each(including the tape deck for each).

But just to be clear, I've nothing to do with the rest of the them. I'm just helping the seller out as they don't use boards themselves.

Too late, its all your fault if anything happens.

Anyone have this Vectrex headset addon? $315
    http://r.ebay.com/g3PvPM

20 Vectrex games with overlays $100
    http://r.ebay.com/bqzDrz

Vectrex Melody & Art Master Graphic Computer System Cartridge With Lightpen $51
    http://r.ebay.com/xtvzIn

Anyone have this Vectrex headset addon? $315
    http://r.ebay.com/g3PvPM

20 Vectrex games with overlays $100
    http://r.ebay.com/bqzDrz

Vectrex Melody & Art Master Graphic Computer System Cartridge With Lightpen $51
    http://r.ebay.com/xtvzIn

Very nice.
    Am original 3D headset is a wonderful thing, and rare, so there are plans available for building your own.
    The light poem the same, although that's great price, you can build one for yourself

• Advertisement

Retron5 lands in Ireland it seems, for €169.99

Come, join the dark side....
    We have cake....

http://www.adverts.ie/8668344

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

upgraded and 220v converted sony msx2+ for a good price on msx.org:
    http://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/trading-and-collecting/msx2-sony-hb-f1xdj-sale-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Retron5 lands in Ireland it seems, for €169.99

Come, join the dark side....
    We have cake....

http://www.adverts.ie/8668344

still have mine unopened, despite being one of the first to pre-order.
    *shakes fist at backlog*

still have mine unopened, despite being one of the first to pre-order.
    *shakes fist at backlog*

Mine has barely gotten any play, outside of the occasional Beers, but I'm resisting selling it on, only to rebuy it a month later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Hey Steve,

Hows things mate.
    Id be interested in one if he be willing to post to Cork?
    That Terminator Commadore was exact one I used to have.
    So its a plus they are minty and filling my nostalgic needs :)

Still having gottenan E3, but someday ill be as cool as you :)

Kev

Hay kev.how's the arcade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What's a NES worth lads?

Original box, complete with Mario and controllers, manuals...even has a letter thanking me for buying it.
    Not the duck hunt/Mario zapper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

I'd be very interested in one of these if there's any left. I'm in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

What's a NES worth lads?

Original box, complete with Mario and controllers, manuals...even has a letter thanking me for buying it.
    Not the duck hunt/Mario zapper one.

about tree fiddy.

or just check completed listings on ebay for ones in similar condition.

kevin2me wrote: »
    Hey Steve,

Hows things mate.
    Id be interested in one if he be willing to post to Cork?
    That Terminator Commadore was exact one I used to have.
    So its a plus they are minty and filling my nostalgic needs :)

Still having gottenan E3, but someday ill be as cool as you :)

Kev

Hey Kev, your plenty cool with your full arcade at home :)
    I'd be very interested in one of these if there's any left. I'm in Dublin.

I can ask, but I don’t think the seller is looking to post. Just wants a call to house and collect I think.

It might be best for me to ask them to arrange to get an ad posted in the marketplace as I really don’t want to be involved too much in this as it looks like I’m almost a reseller here :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement