Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Hi Niall,

Seeing the issues that people have had getting through to get this order and how it has taken some a few days. Is there any way of cancelling online, to avoid having to get through on the phones if the lines are as busy on the 30th and 31st?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Hi Niall,

Seeing the issues that people have had getting through to get this order and how it has taken some a few days. Is there any way of cancelling online, to avoid having to get through on the phones if the lines are as busy on the 30th and 31st?

Excellent question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

Is there any way of cancelling online,

....14 pages in and this has been asked at least 3 times!!!

Niall.... can u post a definitive answer and put this to bed??

• Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

Cancellations won’t be taken online but if you’re concerned feel free to call well in advance of the 31st December cut-off date.

These are our call centre opening hours over Christmas:
    Monday 23rd December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tuesday 24th December 9.30am - 4pm
    Wednesday 25th December Closed
    Thursday 26th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Friday 27th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Saturday 28th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Suday 29th December Closed
    Mon 30th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tues 31st December 9.30am - 6pm

Thanks,

Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cancellations won’t be taken online but if you’re concerned feel free to call well in advance of the 31st December cut-off date.

These are our call centre opening hours over Christmas:
    Monday 23rd December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tuesday 24th December 9.30am - 4pm
    Wednesday 25th December Closed
    Thursday 26th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Friday 27th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Saturday 28th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Suday 29th December Closed
    Mon 30th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tues 31st December 9.30am - 6pm

Thanks,

Niall

I'll quote it just for those that will invariably ask again:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mollymac57

Subscribed there an hour ago but cant locate channels yet. Where do I go to look? I only use the Sky box as a FTA box so always go to Other Channels - thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Subscribed there an hour ago but cant locate channels yet. Where do I go to look? I only use the Sky box as a FTA box so always go to Other Channels - thanks

Around channel 424

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I have a regular sky sub, but I would like to get BT on a spare box I have instead so I will have a chance of watching everything I want:D

I have a white sky card which was used for multiroom up to being cancelled 2 years or so ago. The card delivers a message "this is the wrong set top box etc and will not clear channels such as lfc tv, so it seems inactive.

If I rang setanta or subscribed on line would they be able to pair this card to the box? Also , does this card have the same status as any card setanta might send me? I just want to know can I use this card or will i have to get a new one sent out?

Finally, is it only credit card you can pay by, when I had setanta previously you could set up a direct debit?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

I signed up about 3 hours ago and still giving me the "for your information 28" sign up message.

Boooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

Im on board. . .nice to have the HD channels in the offer also. .

will see what this has to offer for a month, then take it from there.

mtdelany wrote: »
    I signed up about 3 hours ago and still giving me the "for your information 28" sign up message.

Boooooo

hmmmm id ring the, i signed up and channels were open in about 5 mins

i done it online,

be sure the card No is correct and ur cc details

mtdelany wrote: »

Boooooo

Same for me (thought it was just me). Signed up 2 hours ago. Have since powered down the box and on again to see if anything has changed but still the same. Anyone got any ideas? Dont really want to have to call Setanta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

guys, what channels do we get??

I seem to be getting setanta Ireland, setanta 1 and bt sports 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ispini1984 wrote: »
    guys, what channels do we get??

I seem to be getting setanta Ireland, setanta 1 and bt sports 2
    All listed on the sign up page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Would it be worth my while signing up now lads, would it be activated straight away or should I wait till tomorrow??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

stuba wrote: »
    Would it be worth my while signing up now lads, would it be activated straight away or should I wait till tomorrow??

Signed up this evening on a card that had no sky sub, turned on tv 2 mins later and had setanta up and running.Thanks o.p.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Thanks killer007 and the O.P. of course, just subscribed and it's on straight away, lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Does anybody else see this less as a fantastic bargain and more like close to the price it should be? Speaking from a personal viewpoint of course; I saw 2 matches on Setanta in October, 1 on BT Sport in November, won't watch any in December & it looks like 1 game in January. A subscription would cost me €80 (without multi-room) to watch 4 matches? Fook that. Not when I've a broadband connection....

Does anybody else see this less as a fantastic bargain and more like close to the price it should be? Speaking from a personal viewpoint of course; I saw 2 matches on Setanta in October, 1 on BT Sport in November, won't watch any in December & it looks like 1 game in January. A subscription would cost me €80 (without multi-room) to watch 4 matches? Fook that. Not when I've a broadband connection....
    Because you dont watch the matches or maybe they dont show the team you follow often enough then you think the monthly cost should be close to a Euro? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,884 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A friend gave me there old sky box for me to use as a FTA box. The card is still in. Would this work for me or is the card still registered to my friend? Do I need to get a new card registered to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

A friend gave me there old sky box for me to use as a FTA box. The card is still in. Would this work for me or is the card still registered to my friend? Do I need to get a new card registered to me.

No need for card to be registered to you, just sign up online. If the channels dont clear, ring setanta up and they will pair card to box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,884 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No need for card to be registered to you, just sign up online. If the channels dont clear, ring setanta up and they will pair card to box.

Cheers just signed up online and it went live 30 seconds later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thank you very much ROOY

Up and running in HD 5 minutes after subscription.

muffler wrote: »
    Because you dont watch the matches or maybe they dont show the team you follow often enough then you think the monthly cost should be close to a Euro? :rolleyes:

I did say it was what I think personally. Other people who watch more matches might find €20 a month value for money but I don't. From the amount of people signing up only because it's €1 and it's easy to cancel, I don't think I'm the only one who feels it's over priced.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭kooga

I did say it was what I think personally. Other people who watch more matches might find €20 a month value for money but I don't. From the amount of people signing up only because it's €1 and it's easy to cancel, I don't think I'm the only one who feels it's over priced.

no €20 once jan 1st comes all the €1 subscribers will get it for €12.99, so €12.99 x 5 months up till the end of may is good value for EPL and Rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Its not just a football station! they carry a wide range of sports.i agree 20 euro a month is a bit pricey think a tenner would be a fair price and would probably attract a lot more subscribers :)

Is it not €19.99 a month from January? That's the price in Niall from Setanta's post. If I'm wrong, that's much closer to a fair price, especially counting this month as all but free.

Maybe I'm grumpy I don't get to watch more matches but it doesn't seem like value for money to me. :)

Kooga is right,

when we ring to cancel, they will try and suck u in at 19.99. . but then as u say no and want to hang up, they will say 12.99. i might think about it, but nothing more. . .. already paying sky. . ... infact, im on 1/2 price with sky, and thats all its worth, ... . setanta/bt. . not worth 20 a month. .. . .not for me anyway . .. id need to watch more of it to make it worth my while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

I came across an old yellow house sky card and used it to sign up online. Its been an hour and the channels haven't come through. Has it taken this long for anyone else.

I came across an old yellow house sky card and used it to sign up online. Its been an hour and the channels haven't come through. Has it taken this long for anyone else.
    Signed up last night Tippwarrior and had to wait a couple of hours before received channels so can take longer than they claim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Signed up last night Tippwarrior and had to wait a couple of hours before received channels so can take longer than they claim

Cheers for the reply mollymac do you know what message was on your screen before the channels came through. The card I'm using has been in a drawer for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Cheers for the reply mollymac do you know what message was on your screen before the channels came through. The card I'm using has been in a drawer for a few years.

could you pay by debit card or only with a credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

batistuta9 wrote: »

You can use a debit card to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Only gave me an option to use a credit card.

Signed up a few minutes ago and stations were available almost immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sky still raised their sports price from 35 to 36 recently even though they lost lots of their stuff to Setanta. They are certainly over priced at this stage.

I'd pay 10 a month to Setanta to watch UFC live in HD, 20 is too dear though.

Just steal the darts from Sky and I'll happily switch from half price Sky sports.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NATLOR wrote: »
    Its not just a football station! they carry a wide range of sports.i agree 20 euro a month is a bit pricey think a tenner would be a fair price and would probably attract a lot more subscribers :)
    I remember seeing a demand vs. price curve for a subscription site.

The difference was that this one actually multiplied the demand by the price so it showed revenue vs. price. ( the fact that most demand curves don't show total income says most of what you need to know about morketing people )

max income was at 40 dollars or something, at 10 dollars there a lot more subscribers but slightly less overall revenue , but it wasn't a lot less.

To a bean counter the higher price would have been better, max profits and all that.

It was a scary graph because it basically said that a competitor offering a service at 10 dollars would probably hover up the 3/4's of the market that thought 40 dollars too expensive to justify. And would probably take a huge chunk of those signing up at 40 dollars.

Some businesses understand that the best way to keep market share is to sacrifice some potential profit by setting the price at a minimum sustainable level so a new entrant can't justify undercutting you.

yes there are rights issues and there are certain minimum costs per subscriber but essentially setanta customers use existing equipment to view an existing signal.

/2c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭leemaree

Murt10 wrote: »
    No joy for UPC users.

The link just refers you to the normal page. No special offers

On the 'talk to' section, of upc, not available for UPC customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

mdwexford wrote: »

I'd pay 10 a month to Setanta to watch UFC live in HD, 20 is too dear though.

This would be similar for myself. It's all I would watch and its a shame you can't pay for one event, seeing as how easy it is for them to activate and deactivate accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Its a shame Sky or BT don't focus on controlling all the rights for one sport. I like the cricket, rugby (union and league), darts, boxing etc on Sky but the reality is my subscription largely goes towards paying those ballerinas in the PL.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    Its a shame Sky or BT don't focus on controlling all the rights for one sport. I like the cricket, rugby (union and league), darts, boxing etc on Sky but the reality is my subscription largely goes towards paying those ballerinas in the PL.

This is where your criticism of footballers falls down;)

You might have to leave the card in the box with it switched on overnight for the card to 'come to life' again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

corny wrote: »
    check out foreign language broadcasters and listen to BBC4 longwave stream for the cricket.

Not sure if Ary Digital still do Cricket
    http://en.kingofsat.net/channelhistory.php?ch=1132

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Only gave me an option to use a credit card.

Signed up a few minutes ago and stations were available almost immediately.

yeah, it seems to have changed since during the week.
    the site has been updated too

I wonder what's the reason for removing the debit card option?

and does anyone know how you make sure a payment is cancelled on a credit card (visa debit)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I read earlier in a post on trouble with their signal not coming through quick, well i signed up on Sat, although i should have signed up the day before as i had a 10m wait & still no channels & a bad line talking to some Indian person on the call centre in which i thought was in India & found out later it was actually in Scotland:P

So i waited for a while & rang about 2hrs later to complain about a blank screen, i got a better line & person called Duncan & told him what had happened & who served me, he took a sigh & said they didnt do it right & within a min had the channels up & running.

Depends on who you get i suppose & thank god i rang early for the 2nd game on sat.

& this is what games are ahead, although do they have the FA Cup games in Jan?
    No prizes for guessing that Setanta will mention that on cancellation!

Try our best month of Premier League fixtures for €1!
    • 3rd Dec: Crystal Palace v West Ham
    • 4th Dec: Swansea v Newcastle
    • 7th Dec: Liverpool v West Ham & Man Utd v Newcastle
    • 14th Dec: Man City v Arsenal & Chelsea v C. Palace
    • 21st Dec: Liverpool v Cardiff & Man Utd v West Ham
    • 26th Dec: West Ham v Arsenal & Man City v Liverpool
    • 28th Dec: Norwich v Man Utd
    This December you can try the Setanta Sports Pack for just €1! Subscribe online now or call 0818 203040.
    Please note this offer is available on satellite only. Customers must call 0818 203040 to cancel before 31st December or will be billed €19.99 from 1st January. Offer does not apply to existing customers.
    The Setanta Sports Pack now has 5 channels of premium sporting content:
    channels-tv.pngmontage_fade_new.pngSubscribe Click here for UPC
    Click here for Eircom
    Click here for Magnet

Sports on Setanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone else having issues watching BT Sport 1 and 2 right now? Im trying to watch the Wigan game but I'm gettting the " This programme is not available " message. ESPN is working fine as is the 2 setanta channels, its just BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

buyer95 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues watching BT Sport 1 and 2 right now? Im trying to watch the Wigan game but I'm gettting the " This programme is not available " message. ESPN is working fine as is the 2 setanta channels, its just BT.

Some europa league games aren't viewable here because others have the rights

buyer95 wrote: »
    Just checked and the same issues here also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

muffler wrote: »
    Just checked and the same issues here also.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

NATLOR wrote: »
    +1

It's not a issue people. Has anyone read my post that is like 3 back up

rafi bomb wrote: »
    It's not a issue people. Has anyone read my post that is like 3 back up
    Yes, its the issue of some europa league games aren't viewable here because others have the rights ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement