Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

adaminho wrote: »
    And would it not be easier for you if you paid less? I know they are trying to run a business but a few promotions here and there would go along way.

Well it would be handier but it wouldn't work, its not like there is a huge pool of fans to choose from...

Its not like we are a massive club in the English league system, teams like Watford, Brentford and Bradford cut their prices to get more people into the ground in times of financial trouble, but these are massive clubs in direct comparison to Limerick or any other team in the Irish league.

I think at €10 its good value the football isn't amazing but I've been to a number of premier league games, Super 15 rugby games and Munster games and to be fair I have more fun up at Jackman on a Friday and in comparison to the other sporting events Jackman is a whole lot cheaper and I'm helping the local economy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Limerick 4-0 Wexford Youths.

Not a great first half Barr the two late goals but a good second half performance. Cracking goal from O'Leary and Dominic Foley looked impressive when he came on. Value for money if you ask me :D

Next up Bray away in the quarter final of the league cup on Monday night away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Great result that. Almost as many goals as the Germany game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone at the Bray match who could provide updates this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

A2LUE42 wrote: »

Not quite someone detailing missed chances, offsides, etc. I'll grant you, but this service will keep you updated as it happens score-wise (and also any cards issued:D).

http://www.xscores.com/soccer/soccer.jsp?sports=soccer&flag=sportData

• Advertisement

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    europa11 wrote: »
    Not quite someone detailing missed chances, offsides, etc. I'll grant you, but this service will keep you updated as it happens score-wise (and also any cards issued:D).

http://www.xscores.com/soccer/soccer.jsp?sports=soccer&flag=sportData

Surely there'll be someone at the game tonight from extratime(http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/18382/0/) or even someone from the club on twitter(@LimerickFCie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Limerick 2-0 up after 20 mins.

scorer: Coughlan 12, 15 mins.

europa11 wrote: »
    Limerick 2-0 up after 20 mins.

scorer: Coughlan 12, 15 mins.

Sheehan 3-0 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Final score 3-1 to Limerick.
    2 from Coughlan (who was also red carded in the 90th min)
    1 from Gary Sheehan.
    The dudes on Newstalk's "Off the Ball" described it as a major shock.
    The little "apple cart" has been slightly upset.;)
    Up the Blues....:p:p:p

Good win for us last night. Quality pitch in Bray which allowed us to play decent football. Didn't have to do much Barr defend after 30minutes and try catch them on the counter.

Series three around already:

Limerick FC vs Finn Harps, Friday 7:45pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

just a little bumpy bumpy for tomorrow nights game.

Finn Harps at home, hopefully a few more fans than last week but we'll put that down to the clash with the euros.

The push begins from here

Limerick FC 3-0 Finn Harps

O.G(despite what the internet says), S.Tracey, Rory Gaffney.

Another very good performance tonight and some lovely play. We have real gem in Dave O'Leary (19) and I'd be shocked if we can hold onto him for long, a very bright future a head and a class above. As far as i'm concerned its been worth the tenner in the last few weeks to see him play.

An absolute thriller in Galway tonight also with Longford winning 5-4 coming back from 3-0 down at half time. 2 red cards, 9 goals and two penalties.

Next up Waterford away. I'd be expecting a very good traveling support from us. Have a shocking record down there but if continue to form we have to get a result.

For anyone thinking of going to Waterford but doesn't want to drive or hasn't a lift there is an Official Limerick FC Supporters Club bus heading down.

Details can be found here

Waterford always a bogey team for us so a win here will set down a real marker. The more support down their for the team the better. Longford have the el classico this weekend against Athlone which could prove a tough one, especially if they leak goals like last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Whats the latest update regarding the Redevelopment of The Markets Field for Limerick FC?

When the plans were announced year they were expecting to have phase 1 completed by March 2012, I presume that hasn't happened yet?! Will the club be able to play their football there for the 2013 season?

According the Pat O Sullivan the final plans for phase 1, 2 and 3 are being submitted in the next couple of weeks and hoping to start work as soon as approved. Playing premier football in the markets field is limericks no.1 goal at the moment.

Limerick FC are also in talks with the department of defence about the purchase of the land in knocklisheen so it can be developed into a home for limerick FC's underage academy and a home for all it's football outside the senior team.

On a side note it's reported in today's Sub that Derby County are to make a bid of 30,000euro for Rory Gaffney.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jakelamotta

Jofspring wrote: »
    According the Pat O Sullivan the final plans for phase 1, 2 and 3 are being submitted in the next couple of weeks and hoping to start work as soon as approved. Playing premier football in the markets field is limericks no.1 goal at the moment.

Limerick FC are also in talks with the department of defence about the purchase of the land in knocklisheen so it can be developed into a home for limerick FC's underage academy and a home for all it's football outside the senior team.

On a side note it's reported in today's Sub that Derby County are to make a bid of 30,000euro for Rory Gaffney.

Isn't the land out there little more than a bog? The pitches are poor, will they expect to put down astroturf?

Isn't the land out there little more than a bog? The pitches are poor, will they expect to put down astroturf?

Don't know the specifics but I'd say they'd be looking to develop it a good bit alright. Parkville play on a pitch out there at the moment and it's not too bad so I'd say the rest of the land could be made into decent pitches.

Waterford 2-1 Limerick

Another loss to Waterford. Thats 3 in a row to a title rival who have half the resources and current squad that we have. Shocking display tonight that needs rectifying asap. Longford playing Athlone tomorrow night and it looks like they could stretch their lead to 4 points again.

Very poor result tonight...

I think Scully really needs to be looked at, he dropped Brosnan and McGrath two of our better performers in recent weeks and plays young McGann out of position.

We also had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside. and the general performance of the referee and his assistants was shocking tonight.

But the worst thing I heard tonight was board members of limerick blame the fans for tonight's defeat.

Board member: "Did you hear those morans, chanting at the lines man...cost us the game"

The linesman was getting chants directed at him "She said no".
    I've been at games where Linesman have gotten worse abuse from other fans.

Its gutless of the club to blame the fans, when the real problem is an incompetent manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Its gutless of the club to blame the fans, when the real problem is an incompetent manager.

Manager and players to blame, no-one else, however its stupid to abuse a lineman before the game about the time he was falsely accused of rape a few year back. Gaffney had his goal ruled offside when he was clearly on right in front of the same linesman.

Longford 0-0 Athlone FT btw, game on! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

With Monaghan gone and Dundalk in trouble - will an extra team get promoted for next season to the Premier League or what's the craic?

Maire2009 wrote: »
    With Monaghan gone and Dundalk in trouble - will an extra team get promoted for next season to the Premier League or what's the craic?

No-one knows at this stage, one division 16/18 teams is on the cards but knowing the FAI we wont know til a week before the start of next season, :o

EA Sports Cup Semi-Final Draw:

Shamrock Rovers vs Limerick FC

Drogheda United vs Sligo Rovers

Ties to be played Monday 6th of August. Its a Bank Holiday Monday game, a semi-final of a cup and its against the current champions of Ireland who we came close to beating a few weeks ago with 7 starting players out of the game. Hopefully we can get a big traveling support up to it. 100-150 would be great.

Next up though is Mervue away this Friday. If we can get a win here it means we could be going into the next week only two points off Longford with us playing SD Galway and them playing Waterford. It will be another great chance to go top. Must do the business first against Mervue though.

Press con

TP

Noon

Tomorrow (Friday)

:)

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Press con

TP

Noon

Tomorrow (Friday)

:)

I know what its about and really want to tell...But unfortunately I can:(

Do tell

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I know what its about and really want to tell...But unfortunately I can:(

Would you say it is good news or bad news???

Do tell
    DBIreland wrote: »
    Would you say it is good news or bad news???

Good news but others might consider fantastic news.

I do look forward to tomorrow's press conference and the aftermath

Hmmm, something to do with the Markets Field perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 jakelamotta

Hmmm, something to do with the Markets Field perhaps?

Heard rumblings of a friendly...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement