Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

dogtoffee wrote: »
    The store I work in gets most of the items posted on here every few days.

Do you mean they take the items off the shelves by management's order or do the staff buy these things before the customers can get their hands on them?

No bargain in Tesco Clare Hall yesterday. Although they now have a bragain shop that sells pretty good things. I bought some Sensodyne toothbrushes for 1.50 each and a few biscuits for less than 70 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Do you mean they take the items off the shelves by management's order or do the staff buy these things before the customers can get their hands on them?

No bargain in Tesco Clare Hall yesterday. Although they now have a bragain shop that sells pretty good things. I bought some Sensodyne toothbrushes for 1.50 each and a few biscuits for less than 70 cents
    Lol why would management want them took off the shelves they want rid of them that why the price is so low tesco still are making on it.

All stock is put on the shelf with a SEL this means anyone can buy it if you can't find any bargains your not looking hard enough. Send me a PM of what is it your looking for I might be able to help you out .

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Lol why would management want them took off the shelves they want rid of them that why the price is so low tesco still are making on it.

All stock is put on the shelf with a SEL this means anyone can buy it if you can't find any bargains your not looking hard enough. Send me a PM of what is it your looking for I might be able to help you out .

all I'm saying is that some of these "bargains" are clearly misprices, as opposed to "reduced to clear". Why then would they go down to ridiculously prices such as 9 cents, only to be back to full price a few days later? And I checked all items I bought, the use by date is far enough not to justify a clearance. I would understand if Tesco wanted to get rid of some lines, but usually the items keep selling as normal after the price has been corrected.
    For eg, the Finest chocolate truffle balls at 1.12 were marked "2 for 6 euros", and 3 days later they were back to "4.42, 2 for 6 euros", so it was obviously a misprice.
    Explains my comment: the management could have spotted these and asked the staff to remove the items off the shelves until prices are corrected

As for looking hard enough, I check most prices on the self service price checker, but no, most of the items are now back to normal in Clare Hall. Thanks for your offer anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Clearance items that are reduced are not just reduced because a product is near its "Shelf Life" date, but more so beause a product is now out of production, cannot be sourced or is going to be superseded by a replacement product in the near future.

I don't think any of these price drops are mistakes as such, but maybe trying to push older products off the shelf.

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Clearance items that are reduced are not just reduced because a product is near its "Shelf Life" date, but more so beause a product is now out of production, cannot be sourced or is going to be superseded by a replacement product in the near future.

I don't think any of these price drops are mistakes as such, but maybe trying to push older products off the shelf.

Sure, but why are some like the Milka bars reduced then back to normal and will certainly be sold for years to come? Some items are clearly reduced because discontinued, but some still puzzle me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Stll plenty of ipod stations in millfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

1967 wrote: »
    Just to let you know my diabetes is well under control my last five hbA1c tests have ranged between 5.1 and 5.4 better than the vast majority of non diabetics,i keep a very tight control but because i got diagnosed christmas eve four years ago i kinda let loose this time of year.

Better than mine, as long as you realise it's a lifetime battle. I can understand the urge to blow off every now and then but the more more times you give in to the urges, the harder it is to resist them next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Picked up one of these Sony ipod docking radio thingees at Drogheda over the weekend, and there were a few more left in the top shelf. They were 13.99, marked down from 59 something. They must have been having a laugh trying to sell it at 59! Just about worth 13.99 really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

positron wrote: »
    Just about worth 13.99 really.

The other €45.01 is for the Sony badge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mint Crisp & Tiffin 100g still at 39c
    Golden Crisp 230g marked €1.32 scanning at 66c
    Haribo jellies 200g is 50c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

JJust picked up the last 2 soap factory sets in tesco cresent for €1.25 each

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Chriscl1 wrote: »

Still a few of these in tesco extra naas today.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Maybe posters could put the tesco store they got the offer in the title box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Nanazolie wrote: »
    all I'm saying is that some of these "bargains" are clearly misprices, as opposed to "reduced to clear". Why then would they go down to ridiculously prices such as 9 cents, only to be back to full price a few days later? And I checked all items I bought, the use by date is far enough not to justify a clearance. I would understand if Tesco wanted to get rid of some lines, but usually the items keep selling as normal after the price has been corrected.
    For eg, the Finest chocolate truffle balls at 1.12 were marked "2 for 6 euros", and 3 days later they were back to "4.42, 2 for 6 euros", so it was obviously a misprice.
    Explains my comment: the management could have spotted these and asked the staff to remove the items off the shelves until prices are corrected

As for looking hard enough, I check most prices on the self service price checker, but no, most of the items are now back to normal in Clare Hall. Thanks for your offer anyway ;)

Sure there are some mistakes, usually inputted offshore on the EPOS system wrongly.

Every week hundreds of new items are released, space has to made for them, sections are changed around, products are discontinued and others are launched.

Like everything there is a budget for this. Discontinued items are reduced to clear for a period of time, if 99% of distribution centers and stores cleared them by a certain date they return to full price and the budget is spent.

Once the item has an SEL on the shelf, it will not be removed once there is stock in the depo waiting to come in. When all the stock in the depo is in stores and the stock sells through, the SEL is removed.

See packing shelves is simple!!

Then you have the crappy stores that don't launch products on time, their stockrooms look like a child's playroom and they just find ramdom stock and put it on sale, if its old enough it will be cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Does anyone have a pic of the ipod dock??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Post 405 page 27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

img_20111220_151610rp3x3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

rolson5mtape.jpg

Rolson Tools 5M (16ft) x 19mm Auto Lock Tape With Rubber Cover €2.00 in Tesco, Poleberry, Waterford today. Plenty of stock. Good Christmas stocking filler for the DIYer. Price on Amazon UK is £4.95 (Sterling). Review on Amazon is a fair one. Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

daytob wrote: »
    img_20111220_151610rp3x3.jpg

Cheers. Look nice. hope I can get one this close to xmas.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Irishchick wrote: »
    Cheers. Look nice. hope I can get one this close to xmas.:)

To be honest, it looks nicer than it works.

I got one recently and the sound quality isn't great, it sounds like mono not stereo.

As another post said, it's just about worth the €13 but not the €59 it went for before.

That said, it's a nice present for someone who doesn't know what it actually cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

few reductions in my local Tesco yesterday evening, lost my receipt so can't remember prices exactly but roughly:

Neutrogena Handcream, normally 4.80 - now 2.34
    Galaxy Caramel Sweets in box - half price - 1.79?
    Maynards Wine Gums - Box - half price
    Head and Shoulders Conditioner, down from 4.70? to 1.34 (large bottle)

If I find receipt I'll amend prices, they also had Terri's Chocolate eggs in different flavours (with Honeycomb and with Popping Candy) for 1.60 each.

Thought we were stocked for Christmas but I'm living with 3 boys so I'm going back this evening :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Corsodyl20Daily20Gum20and20Toothpaste.jpeg

Normally €5. Scanning @ €3.33

Was back today and it has the yellow reduced label on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Most of the stuff from there is rubbish i bought sellatape a 3 pack for 1.99 or some thing, i was posting some parcels bloody would,nt tape it up for me. had to get some from the post office to do the job right and i threw them in the bin
    so not all bargains, 90% crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

patwicklow wrote: »
    Most of the stuff from there is rubbish i bought sellatape a 3 pack for 1.99 or some thing, i was posting some parcels bloody would,nt tape it up for me. had to get some from the post office to do the job right and i threw them in the bin
    Hardly Tesco's fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Corsodyl20Daily20Gum20and20Toothpaste.jpeg

Normally €5. Scanning @ €3.33

Use the €1 coupon on Pigsback to get it for €2.33 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Are the stresses of Christmas time getting to you?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

According to the las over on biker.ie 2 man dome tents in clearwater for €1.25 http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=165722

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah I see we're using figures from the Pulling It Out Of Your Arse Institute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

ha ha sheep will follow..........................such a true saying.......................
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭cson

ha ha sheep will follow..........................such a true saying.......................
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..................

BRTky.jpg?1321408042

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement