Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Cheers, I played around with this, but I hated Lollipop, reverted back to Cyanogen 11, plus Lollipop is an absolute disaster on Oneplus Ones!! :o

Not if you install Exodus with the Xposed kernel, You get serious battery life with Xposed modules and great Lollipop ROM without issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Have you enabled the 'Do not disturb' mode, under [Sound and notifications]? Works well for me. Have set everything to 'do not disturb' with exceptions for calls and alarms. It's scheduled to turn on at 11:30pm, and off at 7:30am. Is that the same as 'quiet time' on your oneplus?

Yeah they're pretty much the same thing, whatsapp (and FB messenger I think, although i've never used it) are two apps that just don't behave though!
    Turtwig wrote: »
    Oh God don't pay for anything until you're sure it does what you need. :o

It's only a few euro! My sleep is worth it! :pac:

I think i've found an Xposed module that solves it though, no idea how I didn't get it before. I'll install this and see how it goes. Here's the link (I know the rules re posting dodgy .apk files etc, I presume this is ok though? Nothing illegal here!)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-whatsapp-quiet-hours-t2724346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

While you're on the tune in radio topic guys, if anyone uses tune in to purely listen to Irish Radio stations then I'd recommend getting the Irish Radio Player App it is one of the best designed and user friendly apps that I've used.
    Also it supports wearables and the battery consumption compared to tunein is minimal.

but how do you switch it off/exit ??

its constantly playing in the background even when i go back to home page

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

spider_pig wrote: »

That link doesn't appear to be working?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

seligehgit wrote: »
    That link doesn't appear to be working?

Prob taken down. Anything ad block related eventually does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Anyone know how to integrate a voip app into dialler? It doesn't have an option to sync with the contacts list. Viber shows up ok but I want to be able to select it for some contacts. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

What good casual games are people playing?

Need something to pass the time. Just uninstalled Fallout Shelter in a fit of rage because 5 dwellers died in a fire.

Need something to pass the time. Just uninstalled Fallout Shelter in a fit of rage because 5 dwellers died in a fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

nedd wrote: »

it was mentioned here before, but Puzzle retreat is very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Patww79 wrote: »

I thought that was an Android feature, rather than a phone ?

Anyway, in my case (note 3) enter call mode on phone /settings/call/call rejection.

The option to automatically reject unknown numbers is the first one you I'm presented with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I use Avast, there is an option there to block all private numbers, any number you want really, sends them all to voicemail, works a treat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Not native to the Z3 you need an app, or you can save a number then edit to divert to voice-mail. Not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Any good app for finding wakelocks if you're not rooted?

Any good app for finding wakelocks if you're not rooted?

greenify

yes

• Advertisement

I agree Greenify is great and well worth a go. I have it and have found it great up until lately, however the last few weeks I'm loosing 10% ever hour even if the phone is idle. I think there must be something draining so I was wondering if theres an app to keep track and see where the problem is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Am I the only one who would like a separate 'games' thread and 'apps (not games) ' thread?

dinneenp wrote: »
    Am I the only one who would like a separate 'games' thread and 'apps (not games) ' thread?

No but I imagine if we did that one of those would fall into obsolescence very quickly and there'd just be individual threads started on app/games questions then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

dinneenp wrote: »

It's taken 6 years to get to ~8,300 posts so is there a need for separate threads?

Any recommended free VPN for android apps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭corkie

duploelabs wrote: »
    Any recommended free VPN for android apps?

Android has VPN builtin, all you need is the server details for it!

corkie wrote: »
    Android has VPN builtin, all you need is the server details for it!

Yeah but you need an element of skill to do that to emulate hola or browsec, I haven't even rooted my phone

Yeah but you need an element of skill to do that to emulate hola or browsec, I haven't even rooted my phone

Not at all, you need the same info, url, username and password

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lara Croft Go is out now and it's one of the best mobile games I've played in a long time. It looks absolutely stunning and plays great. €4.99, but it's a premium price for a premium quality game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.squareenixmontreal.lcgo

Reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/lara-croft-go/critic-reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Whats hitman Go like?
    Worth 0.99€?

• Advertisement

I liked it but found that it got quite tough. I never finished it. Must go back to it.

Mr E wrote: »
    I liked it but found that it got quite tough. I never finished it. Must go back to it.

+1 to this. Great looking game and good fun but got tough and never finished it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lads any recommendations for a password manager?

Been using Lastpass on Desktop, but wondering are there any other Android/Desktop Chrome ones worth looking at for under €14.

Lads any recommendations for a password manager?

Been using Lastpass on Desktop, but wondering are there any other Android/Desktop Chrome ones worth looking at for under €14.

Lastpass, it's now free, the app will sign you into all apps and games. There's also an add-on for the Dolphin browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lastpass, it's now free, the app will sign you into all apps and games. There's also an add-on for the Dolphin browser

I'll have to go back to Dolphin. The app is €14 a year. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

€14 a year isn't a whole lot to be fair. That's less than €1.20 a month for something I use every single day

Its actually $12 a year so about €10. That's a bargain to be honest.

Well worth it tbh

Any recommendations for a Calendar app that gives you a widget for a month view? Sol calendar is excellent by the new smart manager keeps on giving out/giving notifications that it's slowing the phone down and there's no way of disabling the notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Any recommendations for a Calendar app that gives you a widget for a month view? Sol calendar is excellent by the new smart manager keeps on giving out/giving notifications that it's slowing the phone down and there's no way of disabling the notifications

I like aCalendar - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.withouthat.acalendar
    I only really use the month view widget and its pretty customisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HectorWright

Best Android Games
    Into the Dead
    Hitman: Sniper
    Reckless Racing 3
    Riptide GP2
    Marvel Contest of Champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Business calendar is pretty good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Today is the calendar I use at the moment. It has a monthly widget.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.underwood.calendar_beta

It can be installed for free, but it's basically a demo - you'll need to upgrade after 7 days (for about €5) if you want to keep using it.

I like aCalendar - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.withouthat.acalendar
    I only really use the month view widget and its pretty customisable.

perfect

Can someone explain to me why HUKD have offers for apps/games going for 10p yet when I check they're full price? The latest is Ultimate Guitar Tabs but it's showing as €3.25 for me! Any way to get it for the 10p?

UK prices maybe?

If I change my Google Wallet address to my Parcel Motel NI address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i got this free off amazon Ultimate Guitar Tabs and Tools

it'll probably be free again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭corkie

donegal. wrote: »
    i got this free off amazon Ultimate Guitar Tabs and Tools

it'll probably be free again

Amazon free app of the day is no more!

It's now amazon underground, which doesn't work in Ireland at present!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can someone explain to me why HUKD have offers for apps/games going for 10p yet when I check they're full price? The latest is Ultimate Guitar Tabs but it's showing as €3.25 for me! Any way to get it for the 10p?

There 10p because that's the UK Google play store. Your in the Irish Play Store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭28064212

corkie wrote: »
    It's now amazon underground, which doesn't work in Ireland at present!
    ?? Works fine for me (albeit not much of a selection). Did you download the app from amazon.com/underground or amazon.co.uk/underground?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement