Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I work in West Limerick and the proliferation of Trad music in every aspect of life is very strong. Nearly all children learn something, concertina being a widespread favourite along with the banjo. It's great to see.

It's one of the best things about West Limerick life :) I was at the Wille Clancy festival earlier in the summer and met the whole of Ardagh and Carrigkerry there! I always felt there was a huge missed opportunity with the Limerick 2020 Culture bid to completely ignore such a wonderful and unique part of Limerick heritage. I doubt any of the Limerick city culture clique though have ever been to the rambling house in Knockfierna or a Glensharrold lock in!

Any Limerick cinemas that do sweet popcorn???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Phone scammers at it again. Had a call from Serbia today. Didn't answer and it rang off quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Phone scammers at it again. Had a call from Serbia today. Didn't answer and it rang off quickly.

My mother answered a call claiming to be BOI credit card section. She was told there were some suspect purchases and could she confirm them. They then gave the first 4 digits of the card expecting her to finish it, luckily my mother worked in the bank and new it was suspect, the first 4 digits of the cards are all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Should try a call blocking app. Using one myself that's handy enough and let's you block calls by dialling codes, so get a call from Serbia you can then block all calls from Serbia.

• Advertisement

Should try a call blocking app. Using one myself that's handy enough and let's you block calls by dialling codes, so get a call from Serbia you can then block all calls from Serbia.

I had one of those apps. Might have actually posted about it here before. Turned out it was more annoying than the scam calls themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I had one of those apps. Might have actually posted about it here before. Turned out it was more annoying than the scam calls themselves.

Like Tru-Caller :D:D:D:D

Like Tru-Caller :D:D:D:D

Thats the one! Christ!

Thats the one! Christ!
    pain in the *** Arse i just denied it nearly all permissions & only let it identify callers & denied msg.

Went to a good few events of the Elemental festival over the weekend and really enjoyed them. A real quirky and different festival with something for everyone. Hope it continues and grows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The Old Stand on Henry Street has gotten very popular with the Mary I crowd since the end of last semester. Fair play to them because it looks like they're doing a good trade having given the outside a lick of paint and putting on a good few deals.

The Old Stand on Henry Street has gotten very popular with the Mary I crowd since the end of last semester. Fair play to them because it looks like they're doing a good trade having given the outside a lick of paint and putting on a good few deals.

I'd say since Scott's closed down that's probably the next nearest for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I'd say since Scott's closed down that's probably the next nearest for them.

Fennessey's does decent trade from the students too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Yeah seems to be doing well with cheap drink and the off license only thing is the drunk idiots outside roaring and shouting.Seems to be alot of country gaa lads acting the maggot outside it last week as i was passing

bigpink wrote: »
    Seems to be alot of country gaa lads acting the maggot outside it last week as i was passing
    Don't get me started on Gah lads I could be here for the night. It's the cocky club half-zip & skinny tracksuit generation who think think they can do whatever they want that are always at fault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Don't get me started on Gah lads I could be here for the night. It's the cocky club half-zip & skinny tracksuit generation who think think they can do whatever they want that are always at fault.

Yeah the standard of student of Mary I seems to have really dropped they are like animals at the Old Stand

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any idea where in Limerick I could pick up a set of metal kebab skewers?

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/gadgets-utensils/metal-skewers-4-pack/046867.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Super stuff! :) Thanks.

No problem. Says they're in stock in Limerick anyway so hopefully you'll be able to get some. :)

• Advertisement

we will call later to test them out :D:D:D

we will call later to test them out :D:D:D

I've had the chicken in a marinade for about 20 hours now. It's going to be epic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Shared this in another thread on the cycling forum, but as its Limerick, it does have some relevance here too, and the wheelchair user is completely right.

https://www.limerickpost.ie/2018/09/25/wheelchair-user-threatened-by-reckless-cyclists/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Just highlights the fact that the infrastructure is ****e for wheelchair users, pedestrians and cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

zulutango wrote: »
    Just highlights the fact that the infrastructure is ****e for wheelchair users, pedestrians and cyclists.

id a cyclist ring a bell at me yesterday to get out of her way on the footpath.... where the **** was i gonna go like onto the road....

dashoonage wrote: »
    id a cyclist ring a bell at me yesterday to get out of her way on the footpath.... where the **** was i gonna go like onto the road....

It's too dangerous to cycle on the road is what i've been told by the pavement cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

That's definitely a real issue. Shannon Bridge would be a case in point. Lots of people, including kids and elderly, cycle on the footpath on this because the road is far too dangerous. You could easily put in a segregrated cycle lane in both directions on it and eliminate the problem.

462216.jpg

General question:
    This crowd that bucket collect in the city, 'The Big Issue', surely it's common knowledge at this stage that they're a shower of scammers?!?

• Advertisement

zulutango wrote: »
    That's definitely a real issue. Shannon Bridge would be a case in point. Lots of people, including kids and elderly, cycle on the footpath on this because the road is far too dangerous. You could easily put in a segregrated cycle lane in both directions on it and eliminate the problem.

I don't think it's as dangerous as its made out to be. Once you own your lane there shouldn't be a problem. You are a valid road user and should be respected as such. Sure its a narrow stretch for a bike user but once you don't let yourself be bullied on it, you're fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement