Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Saw a post on Facebook - a shop advertising their "Mahoosive Sale".

Mahoosive? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I have a colleague who can't help but constantly make noise, whether it's tapping, whistling, humming, or just generally messing about. When asked to stop, they arrogantly reply "Oh you'll just have to get used to it". It's been a year. Urge to kill rising!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Planning a child's birthday party. Play centres are so bloody expensive. That's what he wants though, and it saves the kids actually coming into my house!

They get fed though so it's kind of ok, just a pain having to choose who to iinvite! So many cousins, so that's 14 already,then school friends! Hopefully we can cap it at 20 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Planning a child's birthday party. Play centres are so bloody expensive. That's what he wants though, and it saves the kids actually coming into my house!

They get fed though so it's kind of ok, just a pain having to choose who to iinvite! So many cousins, so that's 14 already,then school friends! Hopefully we can cap it at 20 :(

See if any of the playcentres will give you a discount, annoyingly they don't advertise it, but if you have enough children attending they will either give you a discount or give you the playcentre to yourselves.

It does cost a lot but it saves your house.

Zanablue wrote: »
    See if any of the playcentres will give you a discount, annoyingly they don't advertise it, but if you have enough children attending they will either give you a discount or give you the playcentre to yourselves.

It does cost a lot but it saves your house.

I'll start ringing around tomorrow, thanks. It's looking at €280 when I try and book on one of the websites. Absolute madness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I have a colleague who can't help but constantly make noise, whether it's tapping, whistling, humming, or just generally messing about. When asked to stop, they arrogantly reply "Oh you'll just have to get used to it". It's been a year. Urge to kill rising!

Ya see this is what staff social events are for, i.e, the Christmas party. People get a chance to get hammered and then unload both barrels of abuse at whoever forced them to put up their crap all year. That may not be a wise move if you're interested in building a career though.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Drippy taps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Lapin wrote: »
    Whoever writes the timetables on behalf of Bus Éireann deserves a nomination for the Pulitzer Prize for fiction writing.

Bus Eireann in general is a TA, slow, getting you there..... Eventually.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Shandashey

People that ear wig, be it in a pub / restaurant / work canteen. Making it pretty obvious too. Hate it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

My throat is like the flames of hell are burning in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

eternal wrote: »
    My throat is like the flames of hell are burning in it.

That'll be the hangover!

TA that it's back to getting up at 7.20am in the morn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Went to buy running shoes today after work. They rarely have my size (11) on the shelf, so I usually can't try anything on without asking someone to go fetch a pair. Sure enough, this was the case.

First two shops, no staff on the floor. Spent ten of my precious minutes in each of them trying to get service and there was nobody to be seen (bar the person on the till who was fairly busy in both cases). I wouldn't mind, but I was a guaranteed ~150 quid sale.

Finally in the third place I got someone. Took them a full ten minutes, and three staff members to find the shoes. They kept apologising, but all I could think was "It's totally fine, take your sweet time, this is heaven compared to the other two places".

Got my brand spanking new runners in the end. Hopefully that'll be the end of my stupid lateral overload problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

kfallon wrote: »
    That'll be the hangover!

TA that it's back to getting up at 7.20am in the morn

For the last time, I've no hangover. I'm actually sick with a viral thing.

The Euro to Sterling exchange rate. I was looking at a lovely handbag but when I check the exchange rate it costs over a 100 pounds and I can't justify that to myself. :( The not so trivial annoyance is the shocking exchange rate that Amazon uses if you click the option to pay in Euros, I think it was 40 euro more expensive than it should be.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The Euro to Sterling exchange rate. I was looking at a lovely handbag but when I check the exchange rate it costs over a 100 pounds and I can't justify that to myself. :( The not so trivial annoyance is the shocking exchange rate that Amazon uses if you click the option to pay in Euros, I think it was 40 euro more expensive than it should be.:mad:

Noticed the exact same thing on Amazon yesterday, cúnts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

They rarely have my size (11)

Hello
    ;)

My husband said he'd bring me home an Easter egg because I told him I'd murder him if he didn't because he's lovely. I wanted a galaxy egg but then he mentioned rolos. Now I have a rolo egg, the rolos are nice but the egg is manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

The word "Mom".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Hello
    ;)

You know what they say about men with big shoes...

... big feet. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Foxes. We have one visiting our garden some nights. He is doing a lot of digging in the flower beds and destroying bulbs and flowers. Apparently it is the type of fertiliser we used- drives foxes nuts.

He is probably on some fox forum writing about me now.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Noticed the exact same thing on Amazon yesterday, cúnts!!!

I'd say they catch a lot of people out like that. Most people probably don't even think before clicking in Euros, let alone check the currency exchange rate in comparison to Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd say they catch a lot of people out like that. Most people probably don't even think before clicking in Euros, let alone check the currency exchange rate in comparison to Amazon.

How do you get around it though?

I almost got caught out too. Box set was 35 pounds or something like that. It was 59 euros after the conversion. I mean....fcuk me like....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

ProudDUB wrote: »
    How do you get around it though?

I almost got caught out too. Box set was 35 pounds or something like that. It was 59 euros after the conversion. I mean....fcuk me like....:mad:

camelcamelcamel.co.uk is handy if you're not in a hurry to get something off amazon it tracks the price and emails you when the price drops to your desired price or lower.

TA that I'm still waiting for my last employment from last year to post my p60 on revenue so I have to wait to claim the tax back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I dropped into Tesco on the way home from work yesterday to get a few bits. Entering one aisle, I saw there were only two people in it, an elderly couple. The woman was walking like a zombie (the very slow ones) and the husband was beside her, not pushing but pulling the trolley. From the centre of the side, so the length of the trolley was across the aisle. This meant the between the two of them, they were blocking the whole aisle, very slowly.

Why would you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Why would you do that?

It's a trap!!
    Glad you lived to tell the tale.

TA - I never get spots, but one has just appeared this morning right on my nose!
    Probably shouldn't have scoffed that creme egg last night...

whiskeyman wrote: »
    It's a trap!!
    Glad you lived to tell the tale.

TA - I never get spots, but one has just appeared this morning right on my nose!
    Probably shouldn't have scoffed that creme egg last night...

I have one on my bottom lip. Looks like I've been punched!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My OH has size 14 feet :D:D:D:D:D

La la la la I am just FULL of the joys of spring today ( it's spring now, right?) . It's just glorious out! I'm annoyed that the weather isn't supposed to be good tomorrow during the eclipse, so it'll most likely be covered by clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

The delivery man that rams his trolly into the door of my shop when he delivers stuff rather than backing into the door and opening it with his back like the other delivery men. I have a wooden door and this ruins the bottom of the door :mad: I've to look out for when he's coming now so I can open the door in time, before he rams the **** out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I dropped into Tesco on the way home from work yesterday to get a few bits. Entering one aisle, I saw there were only two people in it, an elderly couple. The woman was walking like a zombie (the very slow ones) and the husband was beside her, not pushing but pulling the trolley. From the centre of the side, so the length of the trolley was across the aisle. This meant the between the two of them, they were blocking the whole aisle, very slowly.

Why would you do that?

Wouldn't have been Dunnes Cornelscourt?

Place is notorious for that. And then when you say "excuse me", rather than get the hint and move to the side, they slowly, slowly, slowly turn around to look at you with their jaw hanging down, face tilted back so they can look at you through the glasses perched on the tip of their nose before realising that yes, they may actually be in the way. Usually the husband will then bring the trolley to the side of the aisle to make way, but the wife, not realising what's going on, will then have picked something up on the opposite side of the aisle and will slowly, slowly traverse the width of the aisle to put it in the trolley, still being in the way.

Makes me sound like a horrible person to be angry at elderly people for being, well, elderly, but dammit it's trivially annoying :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    My OH has size 14 feet :D:D:D:D:D

La la la la I am just FULL of the joys of spring today ( it's spring now, right?) . It's just glorious out! I'm annoyed that the weather isn't supposed to be good tomorrow during the eclipse, so it'll most likely be covered by clouds.

Get out of here. You with your happiness and fluffyness. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement