Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diablo 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

brianmcdon wrote: »
    Could you maybe send me a guest key if you get a chance :/

How do I actually get one or whatever?

edit: the massive piece of paper with GUEST PASS on it in the box is probably the answer

edit2: pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mebrind

Probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever posted, but is there anywhere selling the collector's edition over the counter in dublin?

Didn't pre-order due to money/exam concerns, which have been allayed now :/ any help would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

abelard wrote: »
    How do I actually get one or whatever?

edit: the massive piece of paper with GUEST PASS on it in the box is probably the answer

edit2: pm sent

You've easily made my day if not my week good sir!
    Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

They still have loads of copies of the regular edition in Gamestop Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. Probably because they're charging a whopping €55 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

An hour install? I thought I could just do an update on the beta client? ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

whats the guest pass thing about? does everyone get one? sorry for the questions but i dont want to have to fork out 50 euro and not like the game ya know. is the guest pass like a demo almost?

Edit: just checked it out there, so anyone got a guest pass i could use please, just PM if you do, it would be very much appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

got mine today at 9 am

installed but haven't played yet, just finished Risen 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My ce still hasnt come :,( have to head out now :,(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Anyone got a guest pass they could send me - PM please - much appreciated!

tx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

If anyone has a guest pass free I'd appreciate a pm. I've never played Diablo before and the the hype is making me interested to try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Got some AMAZING news this morning. A friend in gamestop rang me to say someone called to cancel their pre-order of the CE as he had got the digital copy last night.

Went straight down there at 10am after pretty much no sleep and got my hands on it. Now I just need to sort that refund for the normal edition but from what I have heard that should be no problem.

After all my trying I finally got it, so god damn happy!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

After playing for a couple hours this morning I return to find my character is trapped on a bloody American server.

Great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Itching to play this game, but sadly I don't get paid for another 2 weeks!

Can I be a bollocks and ask someone if they could spare me a guest pass? I would be forever grateful.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well **** me sideways and call me an apple was that 2 hours already?! The only reason I went off Diablo because I need to walk "my" dog and I need to walk a dog too. :)

Fantastic!!! Demon hunter is awesome! And this class was in the bottom of my favourites!

Will go get some more coke and off for another session!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

****IN love it...I am crap but I ****in love it.

Its so so good....just wish I had played the first 2 games, BTW lads tesco have the large pack of figrolls 100% free PERFECT for inbetween clicks!!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    ****IN love it...I am crap but I ****in love it.

Its so so good....just wish I had played the first 2 games, BTW lads tesco have the large pack of figrolls 100% free PERFECT for inbetween clicks!!! :D:D

i have a bag of Tayto's, energy drink by the side of me. still full after my mcdonalds though :D. misses back home 18:00 so ill expect dinner :D ( i am such a bastard! ).
    k, will have to go back in soon. damn time flew in diablo, i cant believe they did not ****ed it up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

So whats it like ? might pick it up tomorrow

What you give it out of 10 disregarding the connection issues

It's taking a beating on meta critic http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii/user-reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Lone Stone wrote: »

It's taking a beating on meta critic http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii/user-reviews

most of them "reviews" are just people bitching about last nights server problems. like that hasn't ever happened to any game at all in the existence of online gaming eh ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

Lone Stone wrote: »

What you give it out of 10 disregarding the connection issues

user review section on metacritic needs a nerd-raging fanboi filter, else its to be disregarded.. sure look at the user reviews for mass effect 3

its a great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Loving the dyes.. the angel wings... looking like a total ****ing badass already ! How are people finding the other classes ? Loving the wizard, really fun. And like you shadow... i must walk the dogs ! Or i'll turn into a fat mess by the end of the summer !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Enjoying it so far but am a bit disappointed at the lack of a skill tree.

one more prove that metacrtic score should go and **** it self. its about 12h pass release and it is fully functional. i had not a single problem so far, did not encountered a single bug. ****ing no life spastic nerds need to get a life.

Magill wrote: »
    Loving the dyes.. the angel wings... looking like a total ****ing badass already ! How are people finding the other classes ? Loving the wizard, really fun. And like you shadow... i must walk the dogs ! Or i'll turn into a fat mess by the end of the summer !

are those dyes only 1 time use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Eh I've just spent an hour installing it and now I can't login to the battle.net servers? The "LOGIN" button is greyed out and there's a message at the side saying servers are a full capacity.

Is there any way I can play without having to login to the server?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

my god blanch centre hmv/game sold out and i need to pay 54e to gamestop D:

i didnt know id be at home to play this otherwise id preorder it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

lafors wrote: »
    Eh I've just spent an hour installing it and now I can't login to the battle.net servers? The "LOGIN" button is greyed out and there's a message at the side saying servers are a full capacity.

Is there any way I can play without having to login to the server?

Don't mind me, I wasn't using my email address like it told me too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Ugh just been hovering through the reviews on metacritic link above, alot of people hating on it. The campaign story is only 8hrs long? wtf? You get kicked from your own single player game for being afk???

Is everything done automatically? like stats, talents etc? Has anyone that has played the **** out of D2 give a short opinion so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

nix wrote: »
    Ugh just been hovering through the reviews on metacritic link above, alot of people hating on it. The campaign story is only 8hrs long? wtf? You get kicked from your own single player game for being afk???

Is everything done automatically? like stats, talents etc? Has anyone that has played the **** out of D2 give a short opinion so far?

Its true. Dunno about the AFK = Kick but stats are not assigned and gained depending on class per level. No talents neither. There are skills and 5 runes for each skill that alter them. But there is no set in stone spec as you can change your spells and runes on the fly. I think im nearing the end of Act 2 and im about 5 hours in, maybe 6. If Act 4 is similiar to Diablo 2 and alot shorter then it could indeed be about 10 hours or so per play through. Im guessing thats why they added the extra dificulty.

Otherwise im enjoying it. Its very polished as Blizzard games tend to be. Im thinking the "specs" in this game is finding out what spell and rune combinations work for you and running with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

I afked alot (alot!) during the open beta, and never got kicked - so unless theres a new thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

How has your guys luck been with loot so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Its true. Dunno about the AFK = Kick but stats are not assigned and gained depending on class per level. No talents neither. There are skills and 5 runes for each skill that alter them. But there is no set in stone spec as you can change your spells and runes on the fly. I think im nearing the end of Act 2 and im about 5 hours in, maybe 6. If Act 4 is similiar to Diablo 2 and alot shorter then it could indeed be about 10 hours or so per play through. Im guessing thats why they added the extra dificulty.

Otherwise im enjoying it. Its very polished as Blizzard games tend to be. Im thinking the "specs" in this game is finding out what spell and rune combinations work for you and running with it.

Yeah but you should be getting alot more than 8hrs gameplay on your first play through, unless most are skipping through the story? I would expect atleast 6-8hrs per act considering the long ass wait :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was watching a stream lastnight and i was shocked at the amount that were slating the game.
    Im only lvl 5 so far so its no different to the beta i played yet.
    I got to play the beta on the same weekend as i got to play path of exile both games my first time to play and i was shocked after years of hype to find path of exile better to play.

Id always hoped diablo3 improved once i got past the levels i was limited to in the beta so heres hoping those metacritic reviews and those i mentioned on that stream are all wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I havent been paying much attention to D3 but i have played d1 & 2 so i might pick it up on the way home from college tomorrow.

Im just wondering if it still has the random dungeon map type of thing ? that would add lots of gameplay if its only about 8 hours long =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Don't look at the achievements unless you want the bosses spoiled on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Logged in and suddenlt it's six hours later! Grrr.

One legendary item found though along with some rares. :)
    Level 14 and coming up to the end of the first Act i think.
    Have died once so far and that was just cos I was acting the maggot, not very challenging on normal so far so am looking forward to the harder modes!

Dunno. Diablo is one of those games where you can't say how long it takes to finish it. 8-10 hours normal difficulty steam rolling sounds long. Diablo is not about how long it takes you to go to finish. It's about how challenging it is and about your characters gear and spec.
    It's a loot whore game. So for some it might look very grindy and repeatable. I think a lot of moaners are the ones who are totally new to series and don't have a clue what Diablo was all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yeah but you should be getting alot more than 8hrs gameplay on your first play through, unless most are skipping through the story? I would expect atleast 6-8hrs per act considering the long ass wait :(

I've spent about 6-8 hours on act 1:confused:

Gbear wrote: »
    I've spent about 6-8 hours on act 1:confused:

I am 3.5hours in act 1 so far and still not finished ( play time ). unless the rest of the acts are tiny, I can't see it being 8h on normal difficulty. I am pretty much steam rolling too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It came yuss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

can Mac play with PC obviously?
    And if you start a campaign online, how does it match if others are further ahead of you? i.e if your friends started already and you start late? can you join them? also is there voice communication?

noob questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

As said already, Diablo isn't about normal mode, it's about nightmare mode and replaying it.
    There are still people who play D2 on occasion which shows the replay value and I doubt D3 will be any different.

Got around to reading some of the metacritic reviews and it seems like 90% of them are from people who haven't even played the game.

The only guest passes I got were warcraft ones :confused:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Is it necessary to have played Diablo 1 & 2 before launching into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Finished Act 1 in 4.5 hours. Not bad in my opinion, especially on normal. If the rest of the acts are this long then that is a pretty substantial campaign for the easiest difficulty mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Placebo wrote: »
    And if you start a campaign online, how does it match if others are further ahead of you? i.e if your friends started already and you start late? can you join them?

I was wondering about this. I know that monsters get stronger the more players that are added, something like 25% per extra player, but what about when the player levels are mixed? I was playing with a level 12 character with a much lower starting level character. How does this work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

You can just jump in whenever. On the beta my first game started with what i thought was a very odd quest untill i noticed that all my companions were level 5 and a few quests into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

are those dyes only 1 time use?

No, unlimited, i've all my stuff dyed white ! Look like yer man from assasins creed. Awesome stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

****ing City Link, where the hell is my package. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh, i was mistaken. Time flies when you play this game. Im 8 hours 45mins in and feel im nearing the end of Act 2. Im not rushing through the game as im taking time to talk to some of the NPCs but not overdoing it. Also when im out wandering and i find the doorway or path i need to enter to complete my goal i will enter it. Im not exploring every nook and cranny.

8hours per run is bull****

Just checked a stream there real quick and the guy thats playing is in Hell Difficulty already with lvl 55 chars :S
    Inferno gonna be cleared within a week :(

Oh, i was mistaken. Time flies when you play this game. Im 8 hours 45mins in and feel im nearing the end of Act 2. Im not rushing through the game as im taking time to talk to some of the NPCs but not overdoing it. Also when im out wandering and i find the doorway or path i need to enter to complete my goal i will enter it. Im not exploring every nook and cranny.

8hours per run is bull****

Just checked a stream there real quick and the guy thats playing is in Hell Difficulty already with lvl 55 chars :S
    Inferno gonna be cleared within a week :(

i guess its doable in 8 hours, but whats the point in it?! i am almost 5 hours in and i am still in act1! 5 hours of pure gold! already had good few hairy situations.

i would not worry about inferno cleared. there are always freaks out there, who dont get the point of games - being fun. i cant see him having fun by just rushing it like this. :rolleyes:

i havent played 1 game 4 hours +++ in one go for very very damn long. worst thing about it? i want MOAR!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement