Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Geek Alert: Loot Crates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭dunworth1

got mine today aswell happy enough wuth this months one

now i'm off to build my box

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Signed up last month to get a box for husbands Christmas stocking. Only wanted one month so cancelled after it arrived. Cancellation confirmed 24th Oct. charged again 31st Oct, contacted them and they admitted error so refunded me on 6th Nov... Box arrived this morning! Not sure what to do. Can't imagine I will go to the bother of posting it back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭cw67irl

THese look good but im still in two minds, What do you reckon are they worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

polydactyl wrote: »
    Signed up last month to get a box for husbands Christmas stocking. Only wanted one month so cancelled after it arrived. Cancellation confirmed 24th Oct. charged again 31st Oct, contacted them and they admitted error so refunded me on 6th Nov... Box arrived this morning! Not sure what to do. Can't imagine I will go to the bother of posting it back

I know what I would do :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

cw67irl wrote: »
    THese look good but im still in two minds, What do you reckon are they worth it?

They're worth it if you want some crap to mess around with for a while.

I haven't opened my first one yet, but from the YT videos I've seen of past crates you're never going to get something spectacular out of them. It's always just going to be fun little novelties or the odd t-shirt. Personally I think a lot of the criticism leveled at them is from people who are going in with too igh expectations. I'm going in expecting to get a box of nick-knacks that will amuse me for a few hours. Anything else is a bonus. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I don't see the bargain here. It sounds expensive for what is tat and junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

I don't see the bargain here. It sounds expensive for what is tat and junk.

Excuse me, but one man's tat and junk is another man's Street Fighter headband and Sharknado Survival Book :P

I got two crates for Oct & Nov, but that's it for me. Fun idea, similar to a 'lucky bag' but with brand names but the crates I got didn't blow me away and I'm not bothered going for a third one.

Cheers for the heads up though, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

My tracking info shows it in the country since the 12th but I've still not gotten it. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,048 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

When the glorious revolution begins I am so steal all these loot crates from you guys. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

When the glorious revolution begins I am so steal all these loot crates from you guys. ;)

Appropriate username.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Opened the crate there. Happy enough with it, if not completely blown away. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Received another loot crate thinking it was decembers one coming early to avoid christmas post delays, but opened and it was another november crate? I checked my bank account last week and I was billed for the crate, even tho my billing date every month is the 17th. Again I thought that it was to send the december crate early, has this happened anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Not me anyhow (yet !)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭maximoose

I was billed on the 6th, I assumed that was for December but I might check it out with them now!

About december's crate, I'm looking forward to it more than the previous few!
    his month we’re celebrating a selection of geek and gaming franchises that have had significant anniversaries in 2014 for our December crate! Believe us when we say it’s going to be BIG - as in, literally the BIGGEST crate we’ve ever delivered, size-wise! With exclusives featuring DC Comics/Batman & Marvel/Guardians of the Galaxy We also have an exclusive Ghostbusters collectible, a variant cover comic exclusive to Looters, and epic Tetris and The Simpsons items rounding things out!
    To end the year with a bang we have another EXCLUSIVE Funko POP! Vinyl figure created exclusively for us at Loot Crate. You will NOT be able to find it anywhere else!
    With this POP! Vinyl & other exclusives, this month's crate is bursting with value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Received another loot crate thinking it was decembers one coming early to avoid christmas post delays, but opened and it was another november crate? I checked my bank account last week and I was billed for the crate, even tho my billing date every month is the 17th. Again I thought that it was to send the december crate early, has this happened anyone else?

I didn't get any november crate at all =/ emailed em and they say they did send one but are sending me out another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 teamnini

Quick question for ya all and i know its a newb 1 but what do you guys put down as a zip code. I had down WW cause other companys got stuff to me no bothers with that but lootcrate dont seam to accept that im still waiting on my november crate because of it

I always use "EIRE" as my ZIP. I used to use "n/a" as well, and have never had a problem with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 teamnini

Cheers ill try that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

teamnini wrote: »
    Quick question for ya all and i know its a newb 1 but what do you guys put down as a zip code. I had down WW cause other companys got stuff to me no bothers with that but lootcrate dont seam to accept that im still waiting on my november crate because of it

I normally use 353

I just subscribed myself I will give it a trial for a month or two. I couldn't pass the Batman item this month :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone get their December crate yet?
    get awfully close to xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

dunworth1 wrote: »
    anyone get their December crate yet?
    get awfully close to xmas

No sign yet, I've always received them pretty early too. Busy time though. Hopefully they'll arrive by Christmas.

My previous two have arrived early and both times on a Tuesday. Nothing so far for this one but hoping its going to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hopefully. It's not looking good though. I don't expect mine until January at this stage. Last months one took over 10 days to get to me after it arrived in Ireland!

I didn't think they shipped until around the 20th?

Is this the "Anniversary" crate?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Signed up myself there afew days ago.

Whats with all the spam emails asking me to subscribe to a subscribtion i already am on.

Also $30 seems a little pricey

Just got my tracking info, only gives details as far as leaving the US but should be arriving very soon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yea just got the tracking info too, showing it departing US yesterday 17th, so possibly it might sneak in before Christmas but I'm not expecting it personally, whatever.

mayordenis wrote: »
    yea just got the tracking info too, showing it departing US yesterday 17th, so possibly it might sneak in before Christmas but I'm not expecting it personally, whatever.

I'd imagine we'll definitely have it before Christmas. Xmas eve would be nice :D

• Advertisement

I got the tracking email today aswell. I will be well chuffed if it arrives before Christmas!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement