Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Geek Alert: Loot Crates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

This may be a dopey question but I was google-ing it, and it looks like the pictures for the different months here on their site (and in the OP's picture) are pictures of all the itmes that *might* be in the crate, but you actually get only 1 of the figures or so, as opposed to everything in the picture...
    At first glance it looked like you get everything in the picture (which would be too good to be true)
    Is that right (just checking !!) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭maximoose

There are some things shown in the pics where you'll get one of a few possibilities.

Eg that August Crate - you only got 1 of the turtles, along with everything else shown
    July - got everything shown
    June - 1 transformer toy, everything else
    May - 1 tin, 1 toy, everything else

Thanks for all the info - I took the plunge with a 3 month subscription...

• Junk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Junk

depends whether you like that stuff. Me, I love it. 6 month sign up, 145 bucks with the save10 code, XE.com shows 114 euro which will probably be about 120 on the card.

• Advertisement

• depends whether you like that stuff. Me, I love it. 6 month sign up, 145 bucks with the save10 code, XE.com shows 114 euro which will probably be about 120 on the card.

I throw out anything I don't use on an annual basis. I don't like clutter nor things without an immediate use. This stuff falls into both categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I throw out anything I don't use on an annual basis. I don't like clutter nor things without an immediate use. This stuff falls into both categories.

I think I would use orange plastic sunglasses in the shape of a Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles mask almost every single day.

• Why am I coming in here hating... Enjoy your loot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I dont throw out things that I dont use on an annual basis. I dont mind clutter or things that may not have an immediate use as long as they are of an interest to me. This stuff falls into both categories.

edit: Post crossed. hate the haters. love the orange sunglasses and the go faster stripes on the runners.

Strange - I would have though your comments in this thread fall in to the "things without an immediate use" category

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭maximoose

Teaser for October crate:
    D4tFn0tXvCxJScMkrNeFwwGu099du7pDb7JGrT7QW8FXjxEmhctO2626BUm1Gvc5h7O0I8cqghvx_7LFnZEIxd00uoEc65cf6scjvsFR_-AulNUeezVEyCDz98ugaP34ZJzGetycb2hNAP4YO8Ux9d_Bh8qjNwXzweEl3I0=s0-d-e1-ft#https://gallery.mailchimp.com/1f53721d6da415ab862195987/images/d4e6eefa-b054-4c14-ab18-5d7703fbb7e7.jpg
    This month is all about the spooky, creepy and scary parts of your favorite geek & gaming franchises. October’s crate will be packed with scare-iffic coolness, including exclusive items you won’t find anywhere else. And that’s not all: Anticipate the return of a t-shirt to join several other epic items within our FEAR crate! We’re DEAD-icated to delivering an awesome crate this month.

Come ooooooon Walking Dead goodies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

They like to send a lot of promotional emails. I've gotten 4 since signing up a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

"All this food cluttering up the fridge, freezer and cupboards. Are we using it now? No? In the bin with it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id be interested if they weren't so focused on those stupid plastic figurines of characters from tv/film with the giant heads, but that seems to be industry wide these days, Sub City/Forbidden Planet packed to the rafters with them, every convention 50% of the trade stands devoted to them and yet I don't know anyone who actually buys these things...

They're just so pointless, and why are they so big? They could be the size of Lego figurines and not lose anything. Give proper models that you could display on a shelf not this kiddie crap.

Ashens reviews them every month anyway, thats enough for me.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ashens

Every video on that channel is brilliant if you haven't heard of him before by the way...

And just as I post that he puts up this months one:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Seems like an utter waste of money.

I am so tempted to subscribe..

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Thanks OP for the heads up, Decided to go for the 1 month one and see if its worth it...
    A few friends might be getting in on it too :)

Just got a dispatch email, should arrived in 10 working days. Probably before Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

If somebody's not interested in the
    Curse Voice code for the game 'Smite'
    here's a thread of fellow boardsies who may be interested.
    I'd suggest privately messaging the code - internet bots hoover up codes posted publicly.

This post is not entirely selfless,
    I'd appreciate a code if there's one going.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

No overly impressed by the contents this month. Had a look at a YouTube video and its mostly meh. I thought one of the items was a pizza cutter
    but turns out its just a pen
    . Remember this a recurring subscription even if you only buy one month. I signed up for 3 months (Oct-Dec) then unsubscribed. Hoping December being Christmas will be good

Jet Black wrote: »
    No overly impressed by the contents this month. Had a look at a YouTube video and its mostly meh. I thought one of the items was a pizza cutter
    but turns out its just a pen
    . Remember this a recurring subscription even if you only buy one month. I signed up for 3 months (Oct-Dec) then unsubscribed. Hoping December being Christmas will be good

It's safe to unsub now is it? It won't cancel the rest and refund your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

It looks like a really good idea, I might get a month and try it out, thanks OP for sharing :)

Yeah its safe, takes them 48+ hours to cancel. No cancel sub button you have to mail them so don't leave it until its too late. I'm not a fan of these rolling subscriptions that you have to jump through hoops to cancel.

Email from them.
    Sorry to see you go! I have set your subscription to cancel at the end of the current period so you're all set. Since you have already been charged you will receive this crate but will not be charged again moving forward. Please note your account will be active through the end of your current subscription period. On the date currently shown as an upcoming renewal, the subscription will be updated to reflect the canceled status. Also, if you would ever like to rejoin us in the future, just send us a message and we can easily get your account reactivated.

eoin1539 wrote: »
    It looks like a really good idea, I might get a month and try it out, thanks OP for sharing :)

Might be best to wait until a day or two before. Some people get them early and then post the contents like this month and you can still get it.

Just came downstairs to my loot crate waiting for me. Avoided spoilers so I'm looking forward to seeing what's in it.

Really fast ship times, plus the tracking I was given never worked for me so never expected it.

Mine came bang on 20th so happy with that.
    DubDJ wrote: »
    Just came downstairs to my loot crate waiting for me. Avoided spoilers so I'm looking forward to seeing what's in it.

I'll be doing the same from now on. It was anti climatic knowing whats in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

If you signed up for 3 months can you cancel now? Or will this affect my next two crates?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

stickybean wrote: »
    If you signed up for 3 months can you cancel now? Or will this affect my next two crates?

You can cancel and you will still get the crates you have paid for however you need to email them to cancel, there is no way to do it through the control panel.

Got mine this morning.
    LOVE the t-shirt :D and that apple sweet thing was probably one of the most sour things I have ever eaten!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Haven't recieved mine yet ?

Anyone else still waiting ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement