Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Sky refused to match the offer with us, would give half price 4 months!! So after 12 years we cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭OldRio

inovo wrote: »
    I'm an existing customer. Could I get the 'half price' package too do you think??

Just rang and told them I wish to cancel because of the cost.
    Now on half price for 12 months. No contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Would love to cancel and get this offer of half price for 12 months. We are Sky customers at present and on the basic with Disney Cinemagic for the kids. It's €30 odd p/m I think.

If I cancel and resign to get the 1/2 price offer I was wondering what happens to all the stuff I have in my planner ? Can I keep the same sky box with all the kids movies stored on its hard drive ?

I wonder is the box linked with the sky card at all for stuff in your planner. If I get the new deal do I simply just put in the new card and still have access to the stuff I have on my planner.

It's the kids movies really that are very handy and I watch Munster Vs All Blacks every few months :)

If anyone has canceled and kept their box and gotten a new card, were you able to still watch old programmes from your planner ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

If you still subscribe to the channels you can watch them. If you get rid of disney the disney recordings wont play. If you keep disney they will stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Anybody know what the charge on top of this would be for a non-standard install? Want to sign up to this and get two fta boxes linked up too. Will the sky installers do this for me?

Asked the engineer on the day and he hooked up two fta boxes one upstairs and the other in the kitchen - lovely neat tidy job €50!!! Couldn't buy the cable for that!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Claregirl wrote: »
    Asked the engineer on the day and he hooked up two fta boxes one upstairs and the other in the kitchen - lovely neat tidy job €50!!! Couldn't buy the cable for that!:D

Did you just have the boxes yorself?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Yeah! I had bought one of those Lidl / Aldi sets and it was knocking around for ages and we got sky plus installed then used the old sky box. The Aldi / Lidl one is the better one tho coz you can arrange the channels to suit.

Claregirl wrote: »
    Yeah! I had bought one of those Lidl / Aldi sets and it was knocking around for ages and we got sky plus installed then used the old sky box. The Aldi / Lidl one is the better one tho coz you can arrange the channels to suit.

Ah ya, makes sense. I think I have a couple of FV boxes lying around that I got on Egay for €15 :-) so I will have a word with mr sky when he arrives.

Also to those who couldn't get the offer. Call again. My mate has sky for around 6 months. He rang yesterday saying he lost his job and needed to discuss cancellation. They offered him half price for 4 months until he got himself sorted kinda thing. He said he would get back to them, he rang back later and went mad at them saying "why are new customers getting half price for a bloody year and you installing free and giving free boxes, yet I had to pay full whack" after 5 minutes on the phone, he got the half price deal for 12 months if he took another full contract. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,789 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

went to cancel
    was offered 25% off for 6mnths (63to47)
    said no
    they rang me back later on
    offered me half price for six months
    i said yes
    maybe i shouldve haggled some more but sure it aint bad
    for 31.50 until feb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Got the deal this evening delighted 360 saving over the year !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

My missus rang them earlier, got through after being put on hold for 10 minutes - cancelled our €33 per month package (in her name) after explaining that the kids have been watching too much trash on Disney XD and Nickelodeon (which is basically true).

Then I rang their sales line and explained that I wanted to sign up for the half price offer - no hassle whatsoever once I said it was a new install.

So the installer is booked to come in 10 days time, we will have a brand new dish (properly aligned to replace our current dodgy 7-year old one) and a new Sky+ HD box. He should be happy enough that all the cabling is already in place. The €12.50 per month package will meet our needs more than adequately for the next while (can't do without Sky+ really).

No brainer in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

So how much would it cost me for entertainment extra and sports??

thewools wrote: »

I think someone mentioned 33 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

MayoForSam wrote: »
    My missus rang them earlier, got through after being put on hold for 10 minutes - cancelled our €33 per month package (in her name) after explaining that the kids have been watching too much trash on Disney XD and Nickelodeon (which is basically true).

Then I rang their sales line and explained that I wanted to sign up for the half price offer - no hassle whatsoever once I said it was a new install.

So the installer is booked to come in 10 days time, we will have a brand new dish (properly aligned to replace our current dodgy 7-year old one) and a new Sky+ HD box. He should be happy enough that all the cabling is already in place. The €12.50 per month package will meet our needs more than adequately for the next while (can't do without Sky+ really).

No brainer in my mind.

How can you be getting it installed in 10 days when your wife has to give a months notice to cancel?

How can you be getting it installed in 10 days when your wife has to give a months notice to cancel?

Probably bought out the contract or will pay 2 months at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

MayoForSam wrote: »

No brainer in my mind.
    you don't get Sky+ HD box with 12.50 package, HD is +10/+15 extra

• Registered Users Posts: 45,730 ✭✭✭✭muffler

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    you don't get Sky+ HD box with 12.50 package, HD is +10/+15 extra
    All the Sky+ boxes are now HD. You only pay the optional extra for the HD package if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,730 ✭✭✭✭muffler

thewools wrote: »
    Media999 wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned 33 a month
    33 sounds about right.

I think the entertainment extra pack is around 32/33 euro and the sports is definitely 34 a month so at half price it would be around 33.

Is Sky Sports any good these days? Had it many years ago until the internet took over. Might be worth getting if half price.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I signed up to sky hd with the basic package and skysports, the first month is free but the whole thing will cost me 69 euro a month after that. I am still within the 30 days that I can cancel without penalty, what do I need to do folks to get the deal? I actually dont want to cancel but I want the deal:)

• Advertisement

I signed up to sky hd with the basic package and skysports, the first month is free but the whole thing will cost me 69 euro a month after that. I am still within the 30 days that I can cancel without penalty, what do I need to do folks to get the deal? I actually dont want to cancel but I want the deal:)

ring to cancel and it will go two ways. theyll give you the offer or you actually cancel and resignup in partners name.

They get commission to stop you from cancelling so id guess they will try their hardest to give it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Got it yesterday saving 360 a year delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

Phoned up and got this with no fuss. Have had sky before but currently UPC. When I phoned he asked me for a reference so I quoted "Ireland's number one offer". I tried to get this offer as an ex-customer a few weeks ago but was told it was only for certain customers. Tried with a different contact number and payment method yesterday, don't know if that made any difference. Got entertainment extra, sports and hd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

muffler wrote: »
    All the Sky+ boxes are now HD. You only pay the optional extra for the HD package if you want it.

ok, got it now

So I just copped that the sky sports is only for 6 months, is that right?

So I just copped that the sky sports is only for 6 months, is that right?

nope

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/146296/218626.jpg

Media999 wrote: »

I need to learn to read better, that's even better I thought I was getting the sports for 6 months.

I need to learn to read better, that's even better I thought I was getting the sports for 6 months.

Yep and
    if you use your head youll get it half price again in 12 months thanks to the wonders of UPC competition

Ring Sky after 11 months (dont forget 1 months notice), threaten to cancel and voila. Another good 12 months deal. At that stage you might even get a good TV, BB and phone package.

Anybody who is not in Contract with UPC or Sky can do this right now.

^^^ After a number of years paying top dollar for tv/internet> I am now refusing to get either unless its half price :-)

Although in fairness, because of this deal, I personally have sent 9 people to sky. All new customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Don't you get a €75 voucher for each person you refer?

Advertisement