Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

I got this offer last year.

Rang up and said I just moved in, even though there was an active sub in my partners name. Cancelled hers after the new one was set up.

It was no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Will he install new box or just leave whats there in place

Word of warning.
    Take the old Sky+ box out and hide it when he comes and get a brand new box. I had an old box, working fine, bloke came in and said "sure that's better then the one I have", I'll leave you with it.
    6 months later it stopped working and as I didn't get a brand new box with a 1 year warranty, they tried to charge me €100 for a new one.
    Told them to stick it, they did, so Sky and I went our seperate ways. :(

If you've had Sky already installed previously, get them to put it in a different room, at least then you can have it in another room with no extra charges, just move the Sky Box in or put a Freeview Box there with the dish working in the new room.

• This looks like a brilliant deal. We have the full sky world pack with HD in my rented house and its 91 euro per month. Serious consideration will have to be given to cancelling it and setting up one of my other house mates with a new account.

I have also been waiting for the right time to get my parents to change from the crappy upc (mmds) we have at home over to sky, this looks like the right time!!

One question does any one know if they will also half the price of the HD pack?

If so would I be right in saying entertainment extra with sports and HD would come to 41 euro per month for the first year??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

This looks like a brilliant deal. We have the full sky world pack with HD in my rented house and its 91 euro per month. Serious consideration will have to be given to cancelling it and setting up one of my other house mates with a new account.

I have also been waiting for the right time to get my parents to change from the crappy upc (mmds) we have at home over to sky, this looks like the right time!!

If so would I be right in saying entertainment extra with sports and HD would come to 41 euro per month for the first year??

yep half price anything.

Might just pay the no phone line fee is all if youve no phone line apart from that its simply half price whatever you want.

• Media999 wrote: »
    yep half price anything.

Might just pay the no phone line fee is all if youve no phone line apart from that its simply half price whatever you want.

No phone line here where I'm renting but at the price we are paying per month the no phone line fee would be a small price to pay. We have a phone line at my home house alright so will have to have a chat with my parents about getting it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭bromley52

This looks like a brilliant deal. We have the full sky world pack with HD in my rented house and its 91 euro per month. Serious consideration will have to be given to cancelling it and setting up one of my other house mates with a new account.

According to the Sky agent I spoke to the HD pack is €10 and that is not included in the offer as its already reduced from €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

What type of LNB comes with the new package, is it a quad?

I have a Sky sub in my wife's name and I also am using the dish to run a separate input to a Freesat combi box in the sitting room.

I'm also having a few problems with signal quality the last few months ever since the neighbor's kids hit the dish with a ball and knocked it slightly out of alignment. It's showing signs of general wear and tear anyhow.

If I was to get a new dish and Sky box, could I pop my own quad LNB back in afterwards or just get the installer to do it when he comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Just rang up there and they seem to be having problems with their system... :( Was so ready to order. Bye Bye to upc. UPC want 52 quid for broadband and phone though unless I send a letter giving 30 days notice to cancel, then I get both for 42.

epopnomis wrote: »
    Just rang up there and they seem to be having problems with their system... :( Was so ready to order. Bye Bye to upc. UPC want 52 quid for broadband and phone though unless I send a letter giving 30 days notice to cancel, then I get both for 42.

Ring and say your moving. Youll get a much better deal. I had TV and BB for 35.

Remember that lots of people here dont have the option of UPC.

• Advertisement

MayoForSam wrote: »
    What type of LNB comes with the new package, is it a quad?

I have a Sky sub in my wife's name and I also am using the dish to run a separate input to a Freesat combi box in the sitting room.

I'm also having a few problems with signal quality the last few months ever since the neighbor's kids hit the dish with a ball and knocked it slightly out of alignment. It's showing signs of general wear and tear anyhow.

If I was to get a new dish and Sky box, could I pop my own quad LNB back in afterwards or just get the installer to do it when he comes?

Id doubt the put in a quad LNB for one box. Id say you would have to throw in your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Can I ask if everyone who applied for this deal actually got sent the letter in the post as I'm concerned that they may have mailing lists set up and when it comes to getting the sky installed they might refuse to do so.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Media999 wrote: »
    Id doubt the put in a quad LNB for one box. Id say you would have to throw in your own.

Even an octo lnb in case in the future you want to get a Freesat recording box for the Freesat in the UK.

I got an Octo LNB for €17 including postage on ebay from irish seller, the dish was low enough to change it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Balls only signed up with Sky on Friday.

Wonder if i rang up and said we got the letter in the post on Monday would they give us that offer?

Super-Rush wrote: »

Wonder if i rang up and said we got the letter in the post on Monday would they give us that offer?

Worth a phone call but if i was a betting man id say no.

• Media999 wrote: »
    yep half price anything.

Does that include multiroom also do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Super-Rush wrote: »

if you've ordered over the phone you have 10 days cooling off period during which you can resign

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Does that include multiroom also do you know?

No. Multiroom is normally €15pm. But you can haggle .........

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

They offered the multi room for 10 euro to me, didn't take it, I know people have got it for a 5 euro in past, if you get it for this let me know and il push them, saying that you can watch some channels on sky go on iPad, iPhone or laptop for free on two devices incl in this offer

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Anything for current customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Dan82

thebison wrote: »
    Anything for current customers?

Cancel and put it in someone's name in your house and you'll get the offer, no offer for current customers as far as I have seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Giselle Miniature Flagpole

I called up to cancel a few weeks ago and they offered me half price without contract to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tinalouise

I called up to cancel a few weeks ago and they offered me half price without contract to stay.

half price for the year was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

went for the basic €12.50/m which suits me as I'm only interested in the BBC and the odd thing on C4

BBC and Channel 4 are completely free on satellite. No need to pay Sky anything to watch them.

• xxyyxx wrote: »
    BBC and Channel 4 are completely free on satellite. No need to pay Sky anything to watch them.

As mentioned earlier its probably cheaper to avail of this deal for the year then cancel it rather than buy and pay to have a freesat system installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Big thanks to the person who posted this.

I was in the middle of an order and trying to decide between sky and upc and I just couldn't resist this.

Just ordered it there, no problem at all, I have never been a customer before and I am not even in the house it will be going into yet so happy days. Not a single question asked. I just mentioned the code and he told me what the offer was.

Couldn't be happier. Sky sports included for 29.50 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

What information do they look for when you sign up? photo id? bank details? bills in name? etc? Sky rep on phone in cancellation dept told dh that if you cancel Sky -that you cannot have Sky installed at same address for 12 months. So if me and him were to "fall out" after he cancelled Sky and I wanted to get it in my own name and avail of this new deal- it seems that I would not be able to as there has been Sky here in the last year!! Anyway rep is going to give dh a call back to go through and cancel as he had to speak to his supervisor to put the cancellation through!! And so we wait..........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

that's bull alright, they will not turn down new business

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

You will of course be able to get sky in the house again but obviously not in your own name. I think if you try the same with UPC they will refuse to do it unless you can prove your new at the address.

They just asked for bank details and I payed the up front cost via laser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭crustybread

Has anyone with sky actually cancelled and re-signed up in a different name in the same house? Will this work? Is there a cancellation notice.

Worried about doing it, what with the football season starting, I'd be depressed if I lost my sports.

Cheers,

Advertisement