Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Just got some Tesco vouchers in the door recently.

Ive also got a money off voucher from Dunnes, 5 off for 25 spent
    and I have a few 6 off when you spend 40 for Tesco,
    The dunnes voucher says cannot be used with any other offer and not with phone credit and the tesco voucher doesnt say that.

Can I go in and spend this in one go in Tesco, spend 40 and hand over the Tesco 6 off for 40 spent and the dunnes 5 off?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

They would have to be separate transactions. One voucher per transaction, but the cashier can easily divide a big shop into the required amounts if you ask beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Lads sorry if this has been asked before .. Can we use let's say the Supervalu clubcard vouchers in Tesco or does it need to be the money off vouchers ? 12.50 would go further in Tesco than Supervalu !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

murphf wrote: »
    Lads sorry if this has been asked before .. Can we use let's say the Supervalu clubcard vouchers in Tesco or does it need to be the money off vouchers ? 12.50 would go further in Tesco than Supervalu !

Needs to be money off vouchers based on spend so e.g. 50c off milk voucher not accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lauren3142

iPod nano 7th generation 16gb for €99 got myself one yesterday !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

They would have to be separate transactions. One voucher per transaction, but the cashier can easily divide a big shop into the required amounts if you ask beforehand

Is it only tescos that do this? ie accepting others vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I dont think so, any tesco i have been i was able to use the dunnes one first then gave them the tesco ones.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

cerastes wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Lauren3142 wrote: »
    iPod nano 7th generation 16gb for €99 got myself one yesterday !!

Which Tescos was that in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco Dual Stylus Pen 0.38

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭th283

cerastes wrote: »
    Supervalu have also started doing it, I saw the posters there today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco Dual Stylus Pen 0.38
    Was it in aisle with office supplies or with computer accessories?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Not sure if posted before but ...

Technika 5400mAh portable battery - €4.03 in New Ross

got the last one yesterday but there may be more around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Not sure if posted before but ...

Technika 5400mAh portable battery - €4.03 in New Ross

got the last one yesterday but there may be more around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lauren3142

Which Tescos was that in?

It was in Clearwater Finglas at the talk and tech center instore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

th283 wrote: »
    Must be local to certain stores. My local one is not. Got floor staff to check with a manager. Bought basics there, but went to Tesco for wine etc. With the 25% off, plus voucher for EUR6 for over EUR40 spend, 6 bottles of white worked out at EUR33. Supervalu are going to have to catch up quickly or they'll miss out on the big weekly shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,924 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Tesco are haemorraging customers so i think you'll see quite a number of decent offers and promotions from them in the runup to xmas to try and claw them back.

Sv and dunnes are offering slabs at around the same price, but cant compete with 25% of 6btls plus a coupon

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 66,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

th283 wrote: »

As a franchise, its very possible that one specific Supervalu are taking them and not others.

Unlike the other big 4 which are 100% company owned, Supervalu own very few of their stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

daytob wrote: »
    I dont think so, any tesco i have been i was able to use the dunnes one first then gave them the tesco ones.

Well the official policy is one voucher per transaction. You may get lucky with the cashier not following it. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭lau1247

garbeth wrote: »
    You can use it on items that you get club card points on. You don't get club card points on petrol, infant formula or medicines

It should be noted that infant milk is for 0-6 months only. Which is why you never see them on discount ever (eu law) as well as not getting points.

The growing up ones are fine

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Supervalu are going to have to catch up quickly or they'll miss out on the big weekly shops.

The big issue is a seismic shift in people's shopping patterns.
    People are moving away from doing a big weekly shop- and tending towards smaller more frequent purchases.
    This has driven Tesco (in particular) demented- as they have invested billions in large out-of-town superstores- that are seeing footfall taper and taper- to the extent very few of them are profitable.
    The couponing exercise- is a an attempt to try to encourage more and more customers in- however- it was supposed to be a time delineated exercise- only they've had to extend it, as customers are a lot more fickle than they used be.

The 25% off 6 bottles of wine offer- is probably one of the majorly good offers they have there at the moment- that you can't get elsewhere- however, it is below-cost-selling of alcohol- and will likely be outlawed sooner rather than later...........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the big issue here is that there is too much irrelevant chatter - this thread is for bargain alerts, not the finer points of retail business theory and practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Tesco.com are offering 25% off 4 bottles. I know it's a different company/larger market/blah blah (cheaper booze, lower tax), but it stings to see the same offer, both in Tesco, but with Tesco UK are getting, as usual, a better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Got a pair of skullcandy black and pink in ear earphones for around €2.60 i think, black version was scanning at €26!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

clairek6 wrote: »
    Got a pair of skullcandy black and pink in ear earphones for around €2.60 i think, black version was scanning at €26!

Which store??

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

et101 wrote: »
    Which store??

Ballinasloe, they had a label advertsing it so probably in other stores

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I'm sure there is an answer to this somewhere but.....

If I buy wine totalling €40 before discount, can I then use my €6 of €40 coupon as well as get the 25% off or will the 25% come off first meaning the coupon won't be valid? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Kalani Alive Giraffe

LavaLamp wrote: »

If I buy wine totalling €40 before discount, can I then use my €6 of €40 coupon as well as get the 25% off or will the 25% come off first meaning the coupon won't be valid? :confused:

Don't see why not. But I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

LavaLamp wrote: »

You can use both. the 25% is automatic, no voucher needed. Need the EUR6 for the rest. Did it last night, no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

So I can get €40 of wine for €24?? Wooo, time to stock up for Christmas and then accidentally drink it all before hand LOL!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement