Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do ye girls only seem to go for GAA jocks?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I tend not to go for jocks, but that's likely because we don't swing in the same circles more than anything else. Plus I'm not athletic at all myself, so we might not have much in common. I don't know why you say girls only go for those types. Lots of girls find that type of man to be a turn-off. Maybe branch out a bit yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I have to say I find GAA utterly and mind-numbingly boring. I'm not keen on any type of sporty guy in fact; the idea of a guy coming home from training with a bag full of smelly sweaty sports gear disgusts me. Sedentary lifestyles ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I don't even particularly like even talking to people who play GAA or rugby or any of that crap with the stupid outfits and the ham-like heads.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

What are GAA jocks

is it some special underwear that GAA players wear? i have now tried them tbh. are they comfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

LadyJ wrote: »
    ham-like heads.

Even more reason to stay away from them now. Will the sexual success of the jock drop due to the threat of PCBs?

Tonight, on Prime Time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

LadyJ wrote: »
    I don't even particularly like even talking to people who play GAA or rugby or any of that crap with the stupid outfits and the ham-like heads.

I don't particularly like the look of overweight/underweight singer-song writer wannabes, but I'd still talk to them because I would never dismiss a person because of the way they look. I can criticise, yes, but I wouldn't avoid a person just for the reason I hate the look of emo-hair for example. What a horrible and limiting attitude to have :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Back when I was 16, a friend of mine wouldn't believe that I liked and played soccer, and had done for the previous 7/8 years because I played guitar, was heavily into music and had long hair.

A lot of people seem to actually get quite insecure about the fact that not everyone fits into nice little boxes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

don't worry they'll come back to us when their biological clock starts a ticking since they won't want culchie babies.
    *places hands on hips*
    and whats wrong with culchies eh?:P
    Sangre wrote: »
    Just a happy coincidence so!

People who use the word 'intellectual' are usually the same people who use 'misunderstood', 'angst', 'conformity' and 'soul' i.e. people that should be avoided.
    don't forget the word sensitive, generally used when speaking of themselves. when in reality they're as sensitive as a Sherman Tank.

OP I don't understand jersey pullers myself ie those girls who go for sports men solely cos they wear a jersey irrespective of their personalities. But then I wouldn't go for a bloke just cos he carried a guitar around and could sing to me of angst and feelings.

I'd prefer someone who could hold a conversation and was a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

OMG, this thread is still running!!!

I started it as a joke and ya'all have seemed to have taken it a little too seriously!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

OMG, this thread is still running!!!

I started it as a joke and ya'all have seemed to have taken it a little too seriously!!

Ah the old "I started it as a joke" chestnut. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dragan wrote: »
    Ah the old "I started it as a joke" chestnut. ;)

Hitler tried that one. Didn't cut the mustard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

No you didn't....

Advertisement