Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minix Neo X8 AND X8s

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

ButtUcks wrote: »
    15GB per month, 4g download speeds around 20mb-24mb

You'll have no problem streaming stuff on that, but bear in mind a 42minute episode of a TV series in 1080p HD is about 1.8Gb, so your allowance for a month would be gone in about 6 hours streaming.
    I think 42mins in 720p is about 500Mb, and 42 mins SD is 150-250 approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

can some tell me what the difference between these two (minix neo x8 and MXlll M82 quad core)? I can't seem to find one or maybe i'm just blind!

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_109956.html

http://forum.frandroid.com/topic/188327-minix-neo-x8-et-x8-h/#entry2986523

Thanks,

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 16 R3D_D3V1L

Is there much differance between the minix neo x8 and the ott m8?

Just to let everyone know, I ordered MXlll and received it.to with a €17.71 customs charge of it. Spoke to a nice fella in DHL and he said that anything outside the EU over €22 is being checked. This is the 2nd package from outside EU in recent weeks and I've been caught.

If you can hey seller to change value to under €22 you might get away with it!

BobbyT

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know, I ordered MXlll and received it.to with a €17.71 customs charge of it. Spoke to a nice fella in DHL and he said that anything outside the EU over €22 is being checked. This is the 2nd package from outside EU in recent weeks and I've been caught.

If you can hey seller to change value to under €22 you might get away with it!

BobbyT

Is that shipping in general or just DHL?

• Advertisement

Is that shipping in general or just DHL?

I am just talking about DHL delivery's from NON EU countries. My delivery's were from China and US.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I am just talking about DHL delivery's from NON EU countries. My delivery's were from China and US.

If you get anything over €22.00 from non-EU countries, via DHL you can count on getting hit by charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

If you get anything over €22.00 from non-EU countries, via DHL you can count on getting hit by charges.

I think most courier companies you will get stung,the exception being An Post which is hit and miss for getting caught for charges.

Hi,

Only now have I managed to start playing around with the MXIII.

What version of XBMC android do I download onto the box:

ARM or x86 http://kodi.tv/download/

Also is it ok to just download this from MXIII browser and install from download folder or would it be better install it from SD Card ?

Regards,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bring Back Celtic Pro Wrestling. CpW

Hi guys. I'm thinking of buying the minix neo x8 h but I'm really only looking to use it as a tv (sky box) instead of Facebook etc. Is it worth it?
    Also do I need to subscribe for the sports or is it just one down payment and iv everything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Received packet from an post yesterday, had to pay vat & clearance fee (no customs duty), first time ever having to pay when something shipped with post office. They must be clamping down for xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi Guys

Just one thing to note on the Minix. I have one for a few months now. I think I paid around €140 from Futeko in UK as I wanted it quickly.

The box is great so far. Have it for XBMC and that is it really

The thing to note is the firmware is poor. Most of the boxes come with older versions which mean from the moment you unpack you will have wifi and networking problems. So you will need to upgrade the firmware. The only version of firmware at the moment available are Beta version and I am currently on my 3rd version of Beta to try and resolve some niggly problems.

Each time I have had to wipe the box and rebuild.

Might be worth having a look at this site: http://www.minixforum.com/forums/neo-x8-h-x8-official-firmware-releases.19/

There looks to be an official non-beta firmware been released soon but this has been said 3-4 times.

Just something to note. From what I gather even if Official non-Beta firmware is released if you get an older box from off the shelf you wont be able to use the OTA update. You will need to flash box first and then see if OTA works.

Just to note if you buy the box and expect it to work straight away

Still as mentioned if they can get the software working the hardware is great

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Just one thing to note on the Minix. I have one for a few months now. I think I paid around €140 from Futeko in UK as I wanted it quickly.

The box is great so far. Have it for XBMC and that is it really

The thing to note is the firmware is poor. Most of the boxes come with older versions which mean from the moment you unpack you will have wifi and networking problems. So you will need to upgrade the firmware. The only version of firmware at the moment available are Beta version and I am currently on my 3rd version of Beta to try and resolve some niggly problems.

Each time I have had to wipe the box and rebuild.

Might be worth having a look at this site: http://www.minixforum.com/forums/neo-x8-h-x8-official-firmware-releases.19/

There looks to be an official non-beta firmware been released soon but this has been said 3-4 times.

Just something to note. From what I gather even if Official non-Beta firmware is released if you get an older box from off the shelf you wont be able to use the OTA update. You will need to flash box first and then see if OTA works.

Just to note if you buy the box and expect it to work straight away

Still as mentioned if they can get the software working the hardware is great
    Agree wth you,got one about a month ago and had high expectations.The hardware is excellent and has a lot of potential.However the remotes i got with it are both terrible and don't like the android aspect of it.Bought a box from Xstreamtec on Amazon last year with just Linux and it was cheaper,works much better and the remote works like its supposed to.
    I also find that while the sound and video playback on the Minix is great it struggles to play HD through XBMC ,its plugged directly into my Horizon box ,200mb ,don't understand it at all.Plays fine through Showbox though so i think the Minix version of XBMC might be a bit ropey.Like yourself i am holding out for athe promised firmware update ,otherwise i would be tempted to completely blank it and start again maybe with just linux if possible.

ben101 wrote: »
    Agree wth you,got one about a month ago and had high expectations.The hardware is excellent and has a lot of potential.However the remotes i got with it are both terrible and don't like the android aspect of it.Bought a box from Xstreamtec on Amazon last year with just Linux and it was cheaper,works much better and the remote works like its supposed to.
    I also find that while the sound and video playback on the Minix is great it struggles to play HD through XBMC ,its plugged directly into my Horizon box ,200mb ,don't understand it at all.Plays fine through Showbox though so i think the Minix version of XBMC might be a bit ropey.Like yourself i am holding out for athe promised firmware update ,otherwise i would be tempted to completely blank it and start again maybe with just linux if possible.

They have released a new version of XBMC for Minix recently. Beta version again.

The remote is still in the box I got it in :D I just use wireless mouse and it is perfect

I bought the Minix because it was supposed to be the premium box at the time for XBMC. The hardware is but the software is no where near. I had an older T-R42 which I flashed with custom Android ROM and it was a great little box and cost me less than 50 quid

If Minix can get there act together on the software it will be a perfect system for XBMC and everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Did anyone manage to get SkyGo working on the Minix?
    Did it require some work?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Is 3mb download powerful enough to run one of these bad boys - even in SD?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

oakshade wrote: »
    Is 3mb download powerful enough to run one of these bad boys - even in SD?

I believe 3mb is the minimum so you should be ok unless someone else knows better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Did anyone manage to get SkyGo working on the Minix?
    Did it require some work?

thanks
    My skygo works no problem. I have the latest software the O.T.A one and the box is running great.

wush06 wrote: »
    My skygo works no problem. I have the latest software the O.T.A one and the box is running great.

Hey wush06
    Are you using the tablet version or the regular android version?
    I have the tablet version working. The regular wouldn't work for me though.

Thanks

Hey wush06
    Are you using the tablet version or the regular android version?
    I have the tablet version working. The regular wouldn't work for me though.

Thanks

It's the tablet one I have and works no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 lebowsky

Anyone else have a problem with acestream crashing after upgrading to the latest firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Is there anywhere I could get a TV channel list for these boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

It's the tablet one I have and works no problem.

Hi Wush06, I have two X8-h's and I'm unable to get Sky Go working on them. Would you mind linking to the version of the app you have working and summarise any special options/tweaks needed to get it working e.g. VPN or root cloaking etc?

Cheers.

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi Wush06, I have two X8-h's and I'm unable to get Sky Go working on them. Would you mind linking to the version of the app you have working and summarise any special options/tweaks needed to get it working e.g. VPN or root cloaking etc?

Cheers.

Are you sure its the tablet version of the app you are running?
    It works for me without the need for any tweaking..

Cheers.

I sold my minix x8h and got a minix x8h plus but unfortunately I'm mid month with my skygo devices so can't try the plus till the first of February.
    But I have the x8h since July and never had a problem with skygo tablet playing on my minix.

What software version do you have and also have a look here.
    http://www.minixforum.com
    And
    http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay.php?187-Minix-AML-Devices-X6-X8-etc

Installed the latest official FW2 and SkyGo is now working fine! Thanks for the prompt.

Pity the number of channels available is so restricted e.g. no RTE.

Installed the latest official FW2 and SkyGo is now working fine! Thanks for the prompt.

Pity the number of channels available is so restricted e.g. no RTE.

I'm watching RTE on the box but not with skygo.

I'm watching RTE on the box but not with skygo.

I have the Irish TV Add On, was hoping to have all the Shy channels I pay for available via the Sky Go app rather than having to switch to Kodi for RTE.

The problem now with this box is that there is to much to watch.😄

• Advertisement

The problem now with this box is that there is to much to watch.😄

That is the biggest problem I have, complete overload so you have no idea where to start

I found the IMDB link in great, pick the films from there and then just go in so I remember what I want to watch

Advertisement