Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its premium rate so most prepay mobiles block it until you request premium rate to be unblocked; as do nearly all office phones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Call me Al wrote: »
    I've booked to fly to London with ryanair next week, but I need to cancel as I can't now travel. I was trying to see how much of the €78 fare was comprised of govt tax but they only give one overall fare figure and no breakdown of taxes and charges on my booking.
    Has anyone any idea where this information is kept on the booking?

:

There is no Irish Govt tax on airline flights.

There was a departure tax between 2010 and 2014, now abolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭leftfooter

Have booked flights to Malaga from Dublin & was thinking of bringing my bike with me.

Anyone have any idea if there is a coupon/voucher available to reduce the cost of adding Sports Equipment to my ticket?
    It's really expensive compared to most other airlines, 100 euros round trip.

Thanks in advance guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

leftfooter wrote: »
    Have booked flights to Malaga from Dublin & was thinking of bringing my bike with me.

Anyone have any idea if there is a coupon/voucher available to reduce the cost of adding Sports Equipment to my ticket?

Thanks in advance guy.

Is it a special bike ? Would it not be cheaper to just rent a mountain bike when there ?

It's also a pain in the hole to package it for oversized luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

I made a mistake in a ryanair booking - is there any way I can get some money back from them?? Government taxes or off set the money from the booking against another booking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

What was the mistake and when did you make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

this evening at six o clock. I booked the destinations in reverse. I booked it off my phone as I couldnt believe that the prices had dropped so I booked in a panic.

Instead of booking Dublin to London return, I booked London to Dublin return.

Can I get any money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

kala85 wrote: »
    this evening at six o clock. I booked the destinations in reverse. I booked it off my phone as I couldnt believe that the prices had dropped so I booked in a panic.

Instead of booking Dublin to London return, I booked London to Dublin return.

Can I get any money back.
    Contact RyanAir. If you still want the flight it may be possible to get a free change to the booking otherwise there may be a charge per ticket.
    http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/24-hour-minor-booking-errrors/

If you really want to cancel it looks like you will lose your air fare & charges but you can claim back Government tax but there may be a processing fee which might not make it worthwhile.
    http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-cancel-my-reservation-before-travel-and-do-i-need-to-notify-ryanair-if-i-am-not-travelling/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into Ryanair mega thread.

OP, contact Ryanair first thing tomorrow. They have relaxed a lot of their older stricter rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

leftfooter wrote: »

Thanks in advance guy.

There is no such thing as a Ryanair discount code. Never has been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Im hoping somebody can advise on this....I'll make it very brief as it's quite a long story.

I'm about the fill up a claim form with Ryanair but don't know if Im likely to succeed.

Basically, my flight to Cork was cancelled and only other flight available from the city (Liverpool) for 3 days was to Knock so I took it (along with numerous other passengers)

Told that Ryanair would not organise transport for all the passengers to go back to Cork but could reclaim it.

Now Knock is 300km from Cork Airport and no direct bus routes. Easiest option which I looked up would be 4 buses and take 8 hours journey time.

We were told that if we rented a car it would 'most likely' be refunded. Obviously this is not a guarantee but many passengers including myself did opt to rent. I got the cheapest rental option but it was still 140e to get back to Cork where I then had to also pay the excess for my car being in the car park as well as buy petrol for the rental.

What are my chances of success in claiming the cost of the car rental?

I dont see how they could dump passengers 300km away from their destination and say tough luck.

Would really appreciate any advise with the claim process.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Weather related.

No charge but we were advised we would be able to reclaim costs to get back to Cork..however Im worried this was just to fob people off which they seem great at doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

dashdoll wrote: »
    Weather related.

No charge but we were advised we would be able to reclaim costs to get back to Cork..however Im worried this was just to fob people off which they seem great at doing.

On the one Ryanair flight that I was booked on that was delayed for 5 hours several years ago, we were given a document stating our options / rights. Were you not given this at the time?

I don't know what you're rights would have been in the situation you describe, but at the very least, given that there was a chance that I would have been paying money out (for the hire car) before reclaiming it, I would have made a note of the name of the person who told you that you'd be able to reclaim costs.

It'd be much harder to deny the claim then, as it becomes more about a specific member of staff giving out incorrect information which suggests lapses in training. The specific staff member would also be more careful about knowingly given out incorrect information just to get rid of the problem, if they thought it might come back to haunt them.

Given the long journey from Knock, was there not the possibility of being re-routed to Dublin? There are 2 bus companies operating many daily services from Dublin Airport to Cork for about €10-15. This might have minimised your risk of large loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I agree it was an extra option, but it should have been made very clear as to whether onward travel was included or not, and if so, if there were limits.

If passengers had been very clearly told whether they were liable or not, some passengers would have made different decisions. I would be surprised if there wasn't a very clear Ryanair policy or EU regulation governing the situation which the employee could have imparted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Flight tomorrow to Faro cancelled due to French ATC strike.
    Full refund offered: is that for the return flight as well?
    Its one return flight booking.
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Thanks

In the same boat. Due to fly to Sardinia tomorrow and cancelled. Live near airport so went to customer service desk and they said yes for return flight refund. Mine wasn't too expensive anyhow.

More concerned that I've paid nearly €400 for non-refundable hotel. Assume as the flight was cancelled due to industrial action we're not entitled to compensation? Was too disappointed to think to ask at the time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

And if you accepted a refund rather than a re-route and potentially losing a portion rather than the whole the travel insurer is unlikely to pay out. If they didn't offer a reroute its likely you had to phone the insurer first to ask them what to do as it could have been cheaper for them to obtain replacement flights via another route than refund you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks

Is this with Ryanair?

I'm due to fly out to Faro tomorrow from Shannon with them, haven't received any such email though?

Thanks. Was afraid that was going to be the answer. Lesson learned. Next time I take out travel insurance. :rolleyes: Have contacted hotel and hopefully they'll be decent and only charge the first night although they pre-authorised my card for full amount last week and I did sign up for non-refundable deal.

That flight might just miss French controlled airspace, so you may be lucky.

I hope so! Rang Shannon earlier as I couldn't find a direct number for Ryanair, got told our flight wasn't on the cancellations list so here's hoping..

Looks like it. Only three flights ex Shannon cancelled that I can see and Faro isn't one of them

http://www.cloud.scorebuddy.co.uk/ryanair-services/cancellations.php?date=2015-04-08

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Was due to travel to Barcelona from Dublin Wednesday morning however the flight was cancelled so it allowed me to change it to Thursday for no additional charge. Will the strike be over by Thursday though?

Collie D wrote: »
    Looks like it. Only three flights ex Shannon cancelled that I can see and Faro isn't one of them

http://www.cloud.scorebuddy.co.uk/ryanair-services/cancellations.php?date=2015-04-08

I won't hold my breath but I'll keep my fingers crossed all the same.

Definitely a lesson learnt and will take out travel insurance in future!

Sorry to hear you haven't such good news. Hope you get on ok with your hotel

wacotaco wrote: »
    Was due to travel to Barcelona from Dublin Wednesday morning however the flight was cancelled so it allowed me to change it to Thursday for no additional charge. Will the strike be over by Thursday though?

According to girl I spoke to at airport it could well go into Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Collie D wrote: »
    According to girl I spoke to at airport it could well go into Thursday

It lets me change it again so if that's the case I will need to change to the Friday! Was due to go to a Barcelona game tomorrow night . unlucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

Am I imagining it, or do these French ATC people do this every year ? I don't recall hearing much about their counterparts in Spain, Germany, etc.

Advertisement