Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year off topic 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

neevie95 wrote: »
    Anybody in Biological and Chemical Sciences ? :)

I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I get no electives :( anyone else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 AoifeFaa

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I get no electives :( anyone else ?

Either do I unfortunately...looks like they are all compulsory. Looks like we'll need an extra cookie Lisa.

AoifeFaa wrote: »
    Either do I unfortunately...looks like they are all compulsory. Looks like we'll need an extra cookie Lisa.

Yeah loads of cookies :) more teeth to fix :P lol
    Lisa , you will have to join the cookie making society . I expect them to be top notch .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i've got some interesting topics for the subjects i picked. applied geography, environmental geography and another one that's too scary to even think about. psychology and sociology is grand, because there both subject i've done before in the college of commerce, and philosophy, i'll be grand, apart from geography which was a subject i loved for my leaving cert which i did 12 years ago, total change now i say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Oh, they'll be top notch dont ye worry. I've no electives either how annoying!

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Oh, they'll be top notch dont ye worry. I've no electives either how annoying!

A bit. I wanted to keep learning german . I can always do it on my own I guess .

Ah college is full of hidden fees . Another 250 euro to be payed for boosters and immunisations if you are doing health sciences .
    That's another cookie needed.

Ah college is full of hidden fees . Another 250 euro to be payed for boosters and immunisations if you are doing health sciences .

What we need boosters and immunizations? I can't register until they send me my pin, do you know if biomedical science students have to?
    I detest needles.

What we need boosters and immunizations? I can't register until they send me my pin, do you know if biomedical science students have to?
    I detest needles.

No you are good. Seeing as you wouldn't be dealing with patients, you wouldn't need it .The full list of courses is on page 17 of the thing I got in the post .

• Advertisement

Lisa, can I put an order in for like 100 cookies...with all the Vaccines, cookie importance has just rose tenfold. It's all about money these days :(

Why don't UCC have a Lidl Fresh Cookie Appreciation society? Seriously them things are heaven.

Yeah I'll just start baking now haha :) I've to get 3 hepatitis B ones in CIT not UCC, only costing 60euro in total. I'm lucky!

Yeah loads of cookies :) more teeth to fix :P lol
    Lisa , you will have to join the cookie making society . I expect them to be top notch .

Also Eoghan, it seems as if this cookie thing may benefit you financially in the future....ulterior motives may be in question. I suspect a hidden plot. ;)

peekachoo wrote: »
    Why don't UCC have a Lidl Fresh Cookie Appreciation society? Seriously them things are heaven.

Lets start it!

Its probably very exclusive...you must demonstrate the passion you have for cookies before you even know it exists :P

Lets start it!
    Seconded :)

Oh this society won't accept people who merely 'enjoy' cookies. They must literally be your life's meaning :)
    Eoghan will make a fortune fixing teeth after the damage this society will do :P

Oh this society won't accept people who merely 'enjoy' cookies. They must literally be your life's meaning :)
    Eoghan will make a fortune fixing teeth after the damage this society will do :P

He'll have to pay commission for all the clients it will send his way ;)
    Requires an essay on why you think cookies should rule the world. 5000 words min. :P

Requires an essay on why you think cookies should rule the world. 5000 words min. :P

Commission alone will get us through college! ;)
    Yeah and only the best few get Into the society. CAO offers all over again *evil laugh*

• Advertisement

Yeah and only the best few get Into the society. CAO offers all over again *evil laugh*

Here, we're sorted! Hear that Eoghan? You've got your work cut out for ya ;) - That's sooo evil Lisa.....but I guess it must be done....for the cookies of the world.....god help them.

Tbf I live in a small enough town and the lidl staff know me and my friend as the cookie girls. now that I say it aloud it's fairly embarrassing but eh I dont even care, I've had my daily dose of lidl cookie today :cool:

Tbf I live in a small enough town and the lidl staff know me and my friend as the cookie girls. now that I say it aloud it's fairly embarrassing but eh I dont even care, I've had my daily dose of lidl cookie today :cool:

THAT IS PRETTY COOl, if I do say so myself :P I bet they make the cookies really good for you guys....:3...You should get them to hook you up with the Lidil staff in Cork ;)

THAT IS PRETTY COOl, if I do say so myself :P I bet they make the cookies really good for you guys....:3...You should get them to hook you up with the Lidil staff in Cork ;)

We tormented the lidl twitter page for the recipe but they were having none of it :pac:

Oh give me a few weeks and I'll be well acquainted with the staff between cookies and drink ;)

Also Eoghan, it seems as if this cookie thing may benefit you financially in the future....ulterior motives may be in question. I suspect a hidden plot. ;)
    Sssshhhh I'm undercover .

From my class in school we have someone studying medicine , dentistry , nutritional science , nursing and occupational therapy, all in ucc. We have enough people to open our own clinic :P

Also I call the position of official cookie taster .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Could you guys recommend when is the best time to move into accommodation? :) Like before/after orientation/freshers week? Thanks :)

The college itself recommends having a full day between moving in and your orientation! I.e. Orientation on a Wednesday? Move in Monday! It's to allow you to settle a little bit, get a feel for the house, the area, the city, etc.

Orientation for Irish students will start on August 28th, so every night students will meet outside the student centre, the big glass front building with the cafe's and bar, to go to a pub with other students and peer supporters! If you want, you can join up with them and get to know other people before your own orientation, if yours isn't until a later date. If you're on the first day, then you know the time and plan for the rest of Orientation which will run until Thursday 4th Sept.! :)

Sssshhhh I'm undercover .

Your covers been blown....grab all the cookies you can and make a break for it. ;)

• Advertisement

From my class in school we have someone studying medicine , dentistry , nutritional science , nursing and occupational therapy, all in ucc. We have enough people to open our own clinic :P

Also I call the position of official cookie taster .

A clinic with free cookies....talk about a genius plan....

Advertisement