Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrys Future

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Not sure why everyone hates Benitez. Liverpool have gone backwards since he left and any real pool fans i talk to only have a gripe about some of his signings and nothing else. They still hold him in high regard. Signings not working out is an issue at most clubs.

He took them to 2 champions league finals, winning one, a few points off a league title, constantly challenging in the top four. Won titles and challenged in Europe with Valencia. Got the sack at inter but Mourihno worked miracles there and was always going to be a hard act to follow and they are still in a bad position with an aging team regardless of manager. Why not i ask. I wouldnt be 2 dismayed if he did get the job.

We have been in a wonderful position the last 2 years and ill be enternally gratefull to Harry for that but he is tactically enept and i believe the man manager stuff is a myth. Dont forget he nearly sent Bale to Forrest on loan before Benny got injured a couple of seasons back, He fails to see that Sandro is a massive player for us, he sidelines anyone not really in the first 11-14. i do hope he gets the England jobs as he doesnt really care about OUR club. Ill wish him well but we need to move on

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Wow, hold your horses!
    This is Tottenham Hotspur we are talking about here.
    Rafa Benitez is not welcome to manage our club.
    He is a failed footballer and his negative style of football is most certainly not what the Spurs faithful demand.
    Harry doesn't care about our club!
    I think people would want to wake up and smell the roses.
    We are in the situation and current form due to
    (a) not a strong enough squad to see out the campaign (Not Harry's fault. Spent the money he received from Levy wisely. Where would we be if he didn't buy Parker?)
    (b) Buying players that are worth the price but if expected to play most the games of a full season, will falter at the back end
    (c) Over reliance on Ade and Bale this season for goals. We need a second decent striker.
    (d) Centre half injury nightmares all season

They are but a few. This squad is little changed from 2 years ago.
    Is this Harry's fault? Don't think so, as he can spend money on players like no one else e.g Portsmouth!
    I think we should all suck it up and get behind the team and Harry.
    If we don't get a CL spot, this team were not good enough. Simple.
    In saying that, I think we will do it but we must buy more quality players and not just "Band aid" players in the summer.
    Rant Over and COYSS....upporters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

EVryone opinions will be different, doesn't make them right thou. Im not sure who id want to take us Over.

Id love Rodgers to bring the swansea style to the lane, but is he up to scratch and will he takes us on... Who knows.

Marteniz has worked miracles at Wigan, They play great football and tactically he seems pretty decent.

Moyes would be top of my list as for reasons that are pretty obvious to everyone, but if he does well with us how long till Utd come calling??

All great suggestions Oppiuy.
    True everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just I think mine are the most important!
    All the same, I'd like to see us get behind Harry and the team till the end of the season and then disect what happened.
    I have a funny feeling that Moyes may get the UTD gig in due course?
    Cheeky fiver? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

yidweiser wrote: »
    Wow, hold your horses!
    I think people would want to wake up and smell the roses.
    We are in the situation and current form due to
    (a) not a strong enough squad to see out the campaign (Not Harry's fault. Spent the money he received from Levy wisely. Where would we be if he didn't buy Parker?)
    (b) Buying players that are worth the price but if expected to play most the games of a full season, will falter at the back end
    (c) Over reliance on Ade and Bale this season for goals. We need a second decent striker.
    (d) Centre half injury nightmares all season

They are but a few. This squad is little changed from 2 years ago.
    Is this Harry's fault? Don't think so, as he can spend money on players like no one else e.g Portsmouth!
    I think we should all suck it up and get behind the team and Harry.
    If we don't get a CL spot, this team were not good enough. Simple.
    In saying that, I think we will do it but we must buy more quality players and not just "Band aid" players in the summer.
    Rant Over and COYSS....upporters :D

Take off the rose tinted specs there yidweiser , highlighted a few lines above. You say not a strong enough squad?, i say he got rid of Pienaar because he didnt fancy him. You say centre half injury nightmare , i say Caulker at Swansea...again ol droopys doing. I've always said harry was a walking talking disaster so this crisis only emphasises this. Harry didnt buy any of the players, thank god ! , its all down to Levy mate. In Levy we Trust.

4 games left against teams on paper we should be beating. I'm not giving up hope yet.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

BERBA wrote: »
    In Levy we trust.

He's a yiddo! I'd love to see Roy Keane take over too.....:D

You are dead right it is down to Levy.
    Splash the cash Mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

yidweiser wrote: »
    Wow, hold your horses!
    This is Tottenham Hotspur we are talking about here.
    Rafa Benitez is not welcome to manage our club.
    He is a failed footballer and his negative style of football is most certainly not what the Spurs faithful demand.

this to me is exactly why i dont want to see benitez.

harry has us playing the best football ive seen from spurs in my life. liverpool were terrible to watch under benitez. as hard as the results are at the min we still are playing the game the way its meant to be played.

live harry redknapp interview on sky sports coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭golfball37

keane=cock wrote: »

Not like harry is it?

He'll probably spend first 5 minutes praising Chelsea in any case.

• Advertisement

keane=cock wrote: »

just promoting charity.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Not like harry is it?

He'll probably spend first 5 minutes praising Chelsea in any case.

he still is believe it or not

just asked if chelsea win the champions league only 3 qualify and not 4.

his reply was well we just have to make sure we finish 4th eeeehh or 3rd.

then asked if we finished 4th would he cheer on bayarn or real in the final over chelsea.
    he said .... haha i dont wanna say that but its human nature. and rambled on a little but never actually answered it.

on spurs poor form. nothing has changed. we are playing and training the same way. one or two looking tired short on players in the squad

asked if bale and modric are for sale?

long pause

its not for me to say but the chairman doenst want to sell the best players.

didnt give anything away really.
    no mention of england or adebayor and co bust up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Harry wrote:
    its not for me to say but the chairman doenst want to sell the best players.
    Not for you to say?! Yes it ****ing is for you to say. You say no, they're not for sale! End of ****ing discussion!!

God damn it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Just heard that Pep Guardiola is ment to quit Barcelona at the end of the season and that he fancies a go at the premier league, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Rob094 wrote: »
    Just heard that Pep Guardiola is ment to quit Barcelona at the end of the season and that he fancies a go at the premier league, thoughts?

Isnt he taking a year out to recharge his batteries? As with Mourhino, he wouldnt come to spurs and we couldnt afford him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Are you seriously suggesting Guardiola for Spurs? Seriously? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭gar

Ormus wrote: »

Are you seriously suggesting Guardiola for Spurs? Seriously? :pac:

Any crazier than klinsmann to spurs in 94? Same with vdv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

gar wrote: »

Yes, significantly crazier!

Very very much crazier.

Definitely crazy mate. It's called being delusional. :)

It'd probably be the craziest thing since Tevez and Mascherano signed for West Ham. I still haven't got my head around that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Harry talking to the media yet AGAIN saying that Luca may leave. Good god, does the man ever shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭gar

mickman wrote: »
    Harry talking to the media yet AGAIN saying that Luca may leave. Good god, does the man ever shut up
    And saying he tried to get tevez but ended up with Saha. You didn't so shut up and stop wh0ring yourself to the media

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

And saying he tried to get tevez but ended up with Saha. You didn't so shut up and stop wh0ring yourself to the media

Which is either an outright lie or he's bloody stupid as PL rules forbit the loaning of more than one player to the same club in any one season!

He seriously needs to shut up about the future of players - just fob them off and tell them to ask again at the end of the season. How is him admitting that Modric may leave going to help the club finish 4th?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

mickman wrote: »

Why is he even talking about next season?Surely he'll be gone to the england job,Or will he????????
    Anyway he's just given licence for the richer clubs to come in and turn Modric's head once again and distract him from the job at hand,with 4 games to go in this season as well....Brilliant man managment there again 'arry,just brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

lets compare to arsenal and van persie.

van persie is their number 1 player by a long way. do we ever hear wenger entertaining these questions ? absolutely no way

he would say " i am not discussing that, its an internal matter" and that would be the end of it but harry seems to actually bring up the subject with the media!

this nonsense about tevez is also to take the heat off him for our poor january window, its to say " i wanted players but levy couldnt get them"

i have gone from thinking harry was great to just tolerating him, he is a real pain with the media.

• Advertisement
Advertisement