Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 9 - 16GB & 32GB - €279

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Told ya so. The issue is still evident on newer batches too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Techmaster wrote: »
    Told ya so. The issue is still evident on newer batches too.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbc0987MLf1ql5yr7o3_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Just been over to collect mine, came up as €419 initially, but there was no issue once I shows the email with the €279 price on it.

No issues with light bleed so far as it's still in the box in the boot of my car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

blastman wrote: »
    Just been over to collect mine, came up as €419 initially, but there was no issue once I shows the email with the €279 price on it.

No issues with light bleed so far as it's still in the box in the boot of my car!

:pac:

Don't turn it on in the boot of your car, it doesn't do so well in dark places :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

I still have 2 unopened as I am trying to decide if I need one. I'm having second thoughts about this now after reading about the screen bleeding. Has anyone used this and the Samsung Tab S 10.5 who would be able to say which is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kobe

spott wrote:
    I still have 2 unopened as I am trying to decide if I need one. I'm having second thoughts about this now after reading about the screen bleeding. Has anyone used this and the Samsung Tab S 10.5 who would be able to say which is better?

Screen-wise I think sanding with amoled is better, but I'm not a bug fan of Samsung's touchwiz. Nexus 9 wins in software experience if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Just got mine, very happy with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

jonny_b wrote: »
    Another money hungry.... Eh hem..... Person

[/url]

No need to give them free advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Just got mine, very happy with it

Any light bleed? Seems to be luck of the draw - would not mind a slight bit but some pictures on the net look pretty bad :(

No need to give them free advertising.

Yeah, because after seeing a thread advertising it at E279 someone's going to be delighted to buy it second hand for E120 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Got mine today! :) it showed up at €419 first and then I showed her the email with price on it she looked it up on system and a list of prices it was advertised came up....no problem! :D really hope light bleeding ain't bad though as I would use it for watching films on go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone who is on the fence on whether to pick one up:

If you are picky about the screen and light bleed then stay clear. Mine isn't THAT bad but it's still very noticeable.

Still worth the €279 but not a whole lot more IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone who is on the fence on whether to pick one up:

If you are picky about the screen and light bleed then stay clear. Mine isn't THAT bad but it's still very noticeable.

Still worth the €279 but not a whole lot more IMO.

I have to say I can barely see light bleed on mine. The tiniest of light bleed on one corner with light at full in the dark and I wouldn't notice it unless I'm looking for it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I have to say I can barely see light bleed on mine. The tiniest of light bleed on one corner with light at full in the dark and I wouldn't notice it unless I'm looking for it

I wasn't sure what exactly it was and I looked it up, turns out my phone actually suffers from light bleed at the top and it hasn't bothered me in the slightest.

So I'm not fussed at all by the possibilty and actually proper excited to be getting it tomorrow. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Could I return mine and get a refund because of the light bleed issues. Usually is just pass no need but it's particularly bad on mine. I use mine predominantly at night and it's all around the browser. Gutted, cuz it's an awesome tablet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Could I return mine and get a refund because of the light bleed issues. Usually is just pass no need but it's particularly bad on mine. I use mine predominantly at night and it's all around the browser. Gutted, cuz it's an awesome tablet

Of course you can. The screen is the most important part of the tablet, and its faulty. It should not have light bleed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Any light bleed? Seems to be luck of the draw - would not mind a slight bit but some pictures on the net look pretty bad :(

I got mine from my wife for an xmas present, 16gb as I don't store a lot on it and use it for streaming / surfing. Fantastic tablet, I was unlucky and did get a screen bleed.

Brought it back to PC world in carrick mines and 4 weeks later and numerous arguments and encounters it still wasn't back. However, as the repair exceeded the 4 week period, I did receive a brand new boxed one :)

This one has been going fine for 2 months without any bleed.

Just returned it there, no hassle really but some hesitation which was understandable. Hopefully next one I get will be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone still looking for one in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Just got a huge bill in the post. I'm considering trying to get a refund in Argos now with the light bleed story in the dark. Hopefully they won't want to look at it. I am raging I don't want to give it back but I need to pay this huge bill 😢
    What is your bill for?

Roaming charges

Any way you can dispute those charges?

I'm sure Argos will be okay about accepting the return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just got a huge bill in the post. I'm considering trying to get a refund in Argos now with the light bleed story in the dark. Hopefully they won't want to look at it. I am raging I don't want to give it back but I need to pay this huge bill 😢

put it up on adverts for cost price and you will sell it easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Point of purchase will be less hassle

If they take it back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Anyone still looking for one in Dublin?

Sent you a pm re code. Is it for Northside of Dublin?

I got mine from my wife for an xmas present, 16gb as I don't store a lot on it and use it for streaming / surfing. Fantastic tablet, I was unlucky and did get a screen bleed.

Brought it back to PC world in carrick mines and 4 weeks later and numerous arguments and encounters it still wasn't back. However, as the repair exceeded the 4 week period, I did receive a brand new boxed one :)

This one has been going fine for 2 months without any bleed.

One of the reasons I hate buying from bricks and mortar stores, eejit employees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Thanks OP - took the plunge - really like it!

jonny_b wrote:
    Did they refund you

Yep ! Girl I was dealing with didn't know what screen bleed was etc so I had to explain in detail. Then she had to go back and ask manager, but once she done that it was no problem. My one was potentially the very first ones released. Even the day I got it I noticed the box was filthy and a bruised, but I wasn't complaining because of the price.
    If anyone has a reservation code for 32gb near Sligo pm me

Yep ! Girl I was dealing with didn't know what screen bleed was etc so I had to explain in detail. Then she had to go back and ask manager, but once she done that it was no problem. My one was potentially the very first ones released. Even the day I got it I noticed the box was filthy and a bruised, but I wasn't complaining because of the price. If anyone has a reservation code for 32gb near Sligo pm me

Yea I was surprised by that too. When I collected yesterday the white box had grubby black marks and small dents all around the edges. Why is that? I thought for such an expensive item they would have taken more care. I was going to ask for a different one.

The box was sealed. When I turned it on the battery was nearly full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

odckdo wrote: »
    Yea I was surprised by that too. When I collected yesterday the white box had grubby black marks and small dents all around the edges. Why is that? I thought for such an expensive item they would have taken more care. I was going to ask for a different one.

The box was sealed. When I turned it on the battery was nearly full.

Same here, grubby marks (don't think there were any dents though), but box was sealed and the battery was three-quarters charged. No issues with the device so far (not checked screen bleed yet).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Interested in one for Dublin if there's any spare codes, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

for anyone exchanging their nexus 9 because of light bleed clouding etc the serial numbers listed below are when it was made the serial number is on the outside of the box so no need to open in shop and the later the model number the better chance of getting a less defective model ?
    HT4A OCTOBER 2014
    HT4B NOVEMBER 2014
    HT4C DECEMBER 2014
    HT51 JANUARY 2015

bargainboy wrote: »
    for anyone exchanging their nexus 9 because of light bleed clouding etc the serial numbers listed below are when it was made the serial number is on the outside of the box so no need to open in shop and the later the model number the better chance of getting a less defective model ?
    HT4A OCTOBER 2014
    HT4B NOVEMBER 2014
    HT4C DECEMBER 2014
    HT51 JANUARY 2015

Oh interesting, thanks for sharing.

I wonder what the majority of boardsies have been getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kobe

bargainboy wrote:
    for anyone exchanging their nexus 9 because of light bleed clouding etc the serial numbers listed below are when it was made the serial number is on the outside of the box so no need to open in shop and the later the model number the better chance of getting a less defective model ? HT4A OCTOBER 2014 HT4B NOVEMBER 2014 HT4C DECEMBER 2014 HT51 JANUARY 2015

Mine is HT4C (December)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

Kobe wrote: »
    Mine is HT4C (December)

Mine also, bought from argos blanchardstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Have a code for Tallaght if anyone wants one. Not going for it. Can forward reservation email too with 279 as price.

bargainboy wrote:
    for anyone exchanging their nexus 9 because of light bleed clouding etc the serial numbers listed below are when it was made the serial number is on the outside of the box so no need to open in shop and the later the model number the better chance of getting a less defective model ? HT4A OCTOBER 2014 HT4B NOVEMBER 2014 HT4C DECEMBER 2014 HT51 JANUARY 2015

HT4C Dec from Liffey Valley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

deal sweetener- the free e10 voucher when you spend over e100 is back

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭reservoirdubdub

bargainboy wrote: »
    HT4A OCTOBER 2014
    HT4B NOVEMBER 2014
    HT4C DECEMBER 2014
    HT51 JANUARY 2015

mine is HT4C from ashbourne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Mine is HT4C from St Stephens Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

damian139 wrote: »
    deal sweetener- the free e10 voucher when you spend over e100 is back

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

monster poster in the window of dunleary argos this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭terencemc

Looking for a code in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Anyone know a bricks and mortar store that will sell me a cover? Need something with a strap for reading

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

bargainboy wrote:

Ht4c from Ashbourne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I have mine since Friday, have not opened it yet, wanting to open it so badly but hearing the odd fault here and there with it I may just return it, but I've a case ordered. How's everyone finding their HT4C edition from that batch? That's what mine is from, the December 2014 batch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Hey folks,
    I reserved a 16gb for myself. Are all these cheap 32gb gone for good now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cabo

anyone else still waiting for it to come into the Argos they ordered from. Mine was originally due last weekend and still not in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know a bricks and mortar store that will sell me a cover? Need something with a strap for reading
    I saw a lot of them in PC World but that was a couple of months ago

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Mine was due in yesterday but no txt off them yet...

• Advertisement
Advertisement