Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

They were filming it here in Vancouver last weekend.

Traffic was bonkers, so this better be good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is confirmed as Rated R which means it'll be at least a 15s or 16s rating here, hopefully it's a hard R so it's 18s and lives up to it's potential with lots of violence and vulgarity

Would an 18s not be NC-17 in the states? Violence and vulgarity wouldn't get you an NC-17 rating these days. I thought this was pegged as a PG-13 ages ago anyway, did they come out and say it's R now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would an 18s not be NC-17 in the states? Violence and vulgarity wouldn't get you an NC-17 rating these days. I thought this was pegged as a PG-13 ages ago anyway, did they come out and say it's R now?

Nah it varies a lot because the Irish and UK may require certain shots to be edited out that differ from the American versions of cinema screenings as far as I know, certain violence or nudity scenes or use of certain curse words such as "c*nt" can be taken differently by each. Just google a list of R rated movies and you'll find examples of ones that we rated as 15s and 18s, like Old boy there is R but 18s here and Kick Ass is R but 15s here. And yeah, they confirmed bloody violence, cursing and nudity. Even in the above video he says "fuk you Slater". Ballsy move by them to be fair so hope it does well at box office to prove a point.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just realised the video brian posted above says it will be rated R, nice one! (It was blocked at work so I couldn't see it).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just realised the video brian posted above says it will be rated R, nice one! (It was blocked at work so I couldn't see it).

took me a few minutes to cop on to the slater part :o

• Advertisement

Deadpool-Vancouver-filming.jpg?056236

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04/08/ed-skrein-reveal-his-role-in-deadpool-2842736?lt_source=external

Still expecting the usual Reynolds sh*t fest with this, but if they are drawing from Joe Kelly's run on the character that can only be a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Does he always wear the mask or will we see Ryan reynolds face ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There was a photo doing the rounds last week of him without the mask but with a scarred face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Pretty much the full cast

Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool
    Morena Baccarin - Copycat
    Ed Skrein - Ajax
    Gina Carano - Angel Dust
    T.J. Miller - Weasel
    Brianna Hildebrand - Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    Andre Tricoteux - Colossus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

deadpool-photo-351ce.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pretty much the full cast

Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool
    Morena Baccarin - Copycat
    Ed Skrein - Ajax
    Gina Carano - Angel Dust
    T.J. Miller - Weasel
    Brianna Hildebrand - Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    Andre Tricoteux - Colossus

Is that the Xmen Colossus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Yeah

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Yeah Cudmore announced after DoFP that he was finished playing him. So they brought in a new actor. I wonder will it just be a minor cameo role or will they take him from Peter to Piotr to explain the change in actor.

Does Deadpool take off his mask at all in the source material?

Does Deadpool take off his mask at all in the source material?

Very occasionally

Very occasionally

Oh OK then. I remember when the Judge Dredd movie got released, with Stallone, one of the biggest criticisms, because he took off the helmet within the first few minutes.

Oh OK then. I remember when the Judge Dredd movie got released, with Stallone, one of the biggest criticisms, because he took off the helmet within the first few minutes.

He does it only very rarely. I'm like 90% sure the mainstream Deapool has unmasked but I could be wrong, there has been many many Deadpools and one of the Future Deapools doesn't even have a facemask at all. I could be confusing the mainstream with one of the alternate versions.

I think Reynolds would be humble enough and respect the source material enough to keep the mask on, if the script calls for it. Wasn't that the issue with Stallone, where the script called for the helmet to be on, but he refused?

Reynolds was a fantastic Green Lantern and it wasn't his fault that it became the train wreck that it was.

• Advertisement

I think Reynolds would be humble enough and respect the source material enough to keep the mask on, if the script calls for it. Wasn't that the issue with Stallone, where the script called for the helmet to be on, but he refused?

Reynolds was a fantastic Green Lantern and it wasn't his fault that it became the train wreck that it was.

I wouldnt be suprised if the mask came off if he was breaking the 4th wall. The source material did have did this scene in it http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Wade_unmasked_by_Deadpool_Wade_Wilson-1427996845.jpg?quality=0.85&format=jpg&width=480

Reynolds was excited to play him in Origins aswell. I have far more faith in Reynolds as Deadpool than Tatum as Gambit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I thought it was the other way around and Stallone wanted it on :confused:

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I thought it was the other way around and Stallone wanted it on :confused:

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure. That's always the story I thought, but I can't find any other references to it so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Nah I think you're right actually,dunno why I mixed it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nobody would have cared about the helmet in Judge Dredd if it had been a good movie besides.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Nobody would have cared about the helmet in Judge Dredd if it had been a good movie besides.

For a second I forgot which Dredd movie you were talking about and nearly lost my mind.

For a second I forgot which Dredd movie you were talking about and nearly lost my mind.

Lmao, I love Dredd (2012) fans

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

I bet this will get cut down for a 12A in the UK.

• Advertisement

ps3lover wrote: »
    I bet this will get cut down for a 12A in the UK.

Too bad for people in the UK.

It'll be at least 15A in Ireland since US movies rated R there are at least 15As. It'll probably be 16s or 18s though, honestly, since there's apparently gonna be bloody violence, cursing, nudity.

Advertisement