Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Are they waiting on an injury or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Are they waiting on an injury or something?

Could it be..... Andy Moran :eek:

Wish it was. :(

I'd say it's just tactical. Try to keep the dubs guessin' I presume.

Can you imagine if they were trolling the whole time and he was fit! And the Mort thing was all staged. And Mac was also brought back to make up the full forward line :D :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Can you imagine if they were trolling the whole time and he was fit! And the Mort thing was all staged. And Mac was also brought back to make up the full forward line :D :P

wishfull thinking but sure wouldnt it be great if it were true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Sure while your at it why not the return of the great Seán Flanagan ;-)

Well best of luck Sunday lads really feeling the occasion now seems like forever since the quarters, normally a three week gap between quarter & semis maybe that's it.

As a Dub I hope we can repay you's for '06 (the memory still gives me appendicitis)
    but may the best team win and we're all treated to a great game of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Conspiracy Theories section that way! >>>>>>>>>

But no would ya stop! You can't be going around planting seeds of hope in our minds only to have us dissappointed when they aren't named. :(

In the meantime, I could watch this video for hours on end and still never get bored!! :D

And Willie Joe Padden had lied about his age, having only been 7 in that All-Ireland final of 1989 :pac:

I'm actually having visions of all the Dubs peering down from Hill 16 to see if the Mayo team are going to warm up in front of them again, when all the time Andy Moran is standing behind them dressed in a cape :D

I'm sure it would be rude for Mayo not to go down to the hill again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

I read somewhere that since that game that each team is officially designated an end to warm up at and if it's true, the likelihood of the GAA not designating the Hill 16 end to the Dubs would be slim to say the least!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

anthonyos wrote: »
    hows things is it true that there is a split in the mayo camp over connor martomer ???

Yep some members of the panel find his twitter lovey-dovey conversations with his gf open, frank and endearing whereas some other renegades prefer his facebook page. A horrible division to emerge in such an important week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Sean Flanagan returning would be unbelievable. For obvious reasons. Still a tidy corner back from what i've been hearing though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Such a pity Mort didnt wait around now.. could do with him.

Also, Ciaran Mac said in an interview today that he would play for Mayo again, but isnt expecting a call up :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Also, Ciaran Mac said in an interview today that he would play for Mayo again, but isnt expecting a call up :O

You would have to wonder when all this talk of McDonald returning will finally cease... when he's in his fifties? Sure he'll be expected to play for the Mayo Masters at that stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

David Brady & Ciarán Mc Donald interview on newstalk's off the ball programme last night. Ciarán's interview starts at 27 minutes in.

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/22/thursday/2/popup

Hard to know, he could just as easily go missing too though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Hard to know, he could just as easily go missing too though.

Hes better than Enda Varley and hes a reliable left-footed free taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Bit disappointed Alan Freeman did not get the nod over Enda Varley.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Freeman cud start yet...we will not no for sure till round 3 20 on sunday...up mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Forget him, I hear Paddy Moclair is fit to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Just landed in dub...should be good crack here tonite with all them yankens around.word up here that alan brogan will not start.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

10 pts up and ye nearly blew it. So glad ye didn't. Great to see ye in the final. No one would begrudge a win. Enjoy the next few weeks!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Well done to Mayo, I fully expected them to win and they have shown today that Dublin are nothing only mediocre footballers who go nowhere unless they have the ref giving them everything. The ref today tried his full best to hand it on plate to Dublin today and he almost succeed were it not for the big lead Mayo build up. There was no timewasting out of Cluxton as he ran up to take that last 45 yard free, unlike last September. Delighted to see Mayo dump this cynical Dublin team out even the referee couldn't save them today.

I wish Mayo the very best and hope they overturn Donegal, because if any county deserves an All-Ireland it is Mayo, Donegal can wait another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Well done mayo delighted for ye .... Ye had to beat 16 dubs on the feild today....l best of luck in the final

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Congrats neighbours !

Here's to a West of Ireland double in Hurling and Football this year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Congrats to Mayo, dont know how ye managed to hold on with everyting going against ye. Hope ye do it in the final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Congrats Mayo. A fine performance. Its better to win game and find a few faults at the same time than destroying a team and not finding nothing out. That game will definately stand to you in the final. It would be nice to see Sam going around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Was in Castlebar on Sunday. Mayo were really impressive, and 14/1 for the All Ireland is a bit much IMO.
    4 subs that scored. Solid back line. Fierce forward line. Surprisingly dominant midfield. Unflappable free taking.
    Never rated Barry Moran, but he was like Darragh Ó Sé, and Danny Geraghty was a workhorse for the afternoon.
    Letrim were very poor having said that. Felt sorry for Emlyn Mulligan. Only footballer of the 15.

It was the most impressive performance I've seen this year.
    They will be very hard to beat this year. You also have to take into account that Ronan McGarrity is only coming back, and Aiden O'Shea is back training. That will solidify the midfield.

Only Dublin have a more solid spine IMO. Ger Caff, Donald Vaughan, Cillian O'Connor, Andy Moran are all classy footballers.

What's more impressive was that Mayo weren't even at full tilt. O'Connor is out of position at CHF, and looked devastating when moved inside. He was also wrecked for the last 10 minutes, and will be more effective when fully fit. Andy Moran was actually poor on Sunday, yet popped in 2 goals, the sign if a good player.

Anyway, things are looking up for the Green and Red. A lucky draw, and I could see them in the Final this year. Ye then need to sort the heads out, and get over that final hurdle.

Now, that wasn't a bad call. :) From just after the Letrim match.

A good team plays like a good team regardless of the opposition.
    Well deserved, and I wish ye the best of luck in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

I honestly think Kevin McLoughlin is our most influential player, he's so solid with the ball, can really dictate play and always pops up with a few scores. Our Paul Galvin. So good at picking up scrappy ball.

Thought Horans tactics were spot on as well, quick ball in to beat the blanket defence. Now here's hoping that the hype is kept under control, tho I think it will be after surrendering a 10 point lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Now, that wasn't a bad call. :) From just after the Letrim match.

A good team plays like a good team regardless of the opposition.
    Well deserved, and I wish ye the best of luck in the final.

The prblem is I am unsure of Mayo heads are right. They almost blew a huge lead against an incredibly poor Dublin team today. I think if Donegal were in Mayo's position today at ten points up, they would have killed the game. There were serious signs of nerves in Mayo there and if the pressure comes on in the final, those nerves could prove their undoing....
    I honestly think Kevin McLoughlin is our most influential player, he's so solid with the ball, can really dictate play and always pops up with a few scores. Our Paul Galvin. So good at picking up scrappy ball.

He is a superb player. I liked him at wing back a couple ofyears ago and was surprised to see him moved to forwards; but today he showed he is well able to score...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭lukin

Corkman here,congrats to Mayo,well deserved win.Should be a great buzz around the county for the next few weeks,enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Wonder how Conor Mortimer is feeling right now.

The prblem is I am unsure of Mayo heads are right. They almost blew a huge lead against an incredibly poor Dublin team today. I think if Donegal were in Mayo's position today at ten points up, they would have killed the game. There were serious signs of nerves in Mayo there and if the pressure comes on in the final, those nerves could prove their undoing....

He is a superb player. I liked him at wing back a couple ofyears ago and was surprised to see him moved to forwards; but today he showed he is well able to score...

Donegal came close to blowing leads against both Kerry and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Downlinz wrote: »
    Who cares about him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

well done mayo great win today for ye
    ye showed great hunger and determination
    dont leave it behind ye now ,
    make no mistake ye ARE good enough to beat donegal

hopefully ye can rewrite the book 'the house of pain'

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Congratulations Mayo on a wonderful display.

Best of luck in 3 weeks time.

Downlinz wrote: »
    Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Who cares about him

Don't say things like that! We'll end up getting another statement from his mammy pacman.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Well done Mayo, you surly deserved that win today and good luck in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Lapin wrote: »
    Congrats neighbours !

Here's to a West of Ireland double in Hurling and Football this year. :)

I can honestly see ye beating Kilkenny in the final. Would be great if ye did. Icing on the cake if we beat Donegal.

Up the West! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Well done today - fantastic performance. As a Rossie all old animosities will be suspended for the next 3 weeks as we support Galway and Mayo.

Normal service will be resumed in 2013;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Well done Mayo,great performance from ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Any tickets lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Any tickets lads?

Tickets haven't even been issued yet, and I wouldn't hold out much hope for you getting one here. They'll be hard to get for this final. Both counties will get an official allocation of about 12,000 each even though they could easily sell 40,000 each.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭goodie2shoes

Superb team performance from Mayo. Everyone had a great game, no prima donas, no over-inflated egos, just solid teamwork.
    The only aspect of their game that disappointed was their inability to convert 1 or 2 their many goal opportunities.
    Hopefully this is something they can work on in the next 3 weeks.
    Personally I think it's more a mental issue. A lack of killer instinct.
    Can you "train" for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Any tickets lads?

Yip, have my 2 season tickets, thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I should be okay for a ticket but It really does wreck my head to see decent folk not getting near one because some gobs*ite decides he wants to go to the All-Ireland despite not having been at a Mayo game since 2006..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Horan thank God does not deal with untruths like killer instinct Killer instinct is just an absence of panic It is why he refers to the final as game 5 You want your forwards trusting in their ability and playing with calmness Some players will always struggle in this regard at the top level due to things such as soloing forward at max speed head down or kicking the ball at full power while off balance The good players at intercounty level a free from the hands or a shot from open play a photo of each kick should look the same when in open space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Gotta say congrats to mayo, gutsy performance yesterday lads you should all be very proud of your lads!!

I'll be honest I tipped Donegal for Sam AAAGGGGEEEES ago, but mayo deserve an AI no doubt about that. Stayed in arhlone Saturday night and the amount of mayo families in our hotel up for match was amazing great sign of dedication from your followers!!!

Please don't let this be like 2006 I really wanna see a real battle between both teams!!

Good luck from a very jealous Kildare fan!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

wanna say congrats, but there performance was embarrassing, should be ashamed bringing play acting and rolling around the ground time wasting in a mans game, David Clarke walking around the net after every point wasting every pressure second, just the rolling around and crying on the ground was shocking, off to play soccer with you lot!! cant take a hit

congrats to mayo and all the best in the final!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

but1er wrote: »
    wanna say congrats, but there performance was embarrassing, should be ashamed bringing play acting and rolling around the ground time wasting in a mans game, David Clarke walking around the net after every point wasting every pressure second, just the rolling around and crying on the ground was shocking, off to play soccer with you lot!! cant take a hit

yeah,well said,nothing as manly as grown men having as much contact with each other as possible while wearing shorts!very macho!sher its only soft lads who want to play a game where they try not to wrestle with another grown man in shorts!

cop on,yesterday was a great game,fitting for an AI semi-final,looking forward to what should be a good final now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

but1er wrote: »

Jesus bitter much??

I don't think your speaking for most Dublin fans any dubs I know thought mayo deserved to win.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement