Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread v3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Arles-Avignon not to score @ 1.88

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Avfctom wrote: »
    early kick offs

monaco to win
    hertha berlin to win

11/10

looking good now GET IN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

The dutch eredivisie game, plenty of goals in quite a few past meetings between the sides. On this basis I'm going BTTS @1.53

Arles-Avignon not to score @ 1.88

Should've taken it at 2.00 yesterday but a win's a win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman wrote: »
    Looking at the German Div 1, anyone think that the odds are a little one-sided for the Hertha v Jahn Regensburg game?

4/9 for Hertha and 5/1 for Jahn.

Hertha have 1 point from their opening 2 games, and Jahn Regensburg have won their only match.

Surely there is some value in Jahn Regensburg +2 @ 1/2?

Indeed there was some value in it. 2-1 Hertha.

I didn't realise it kicked off so early though! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Man Utd, Sunderland and Southampton Treble 5/1 - 20 On

QPR, Tottenham and Everton Treble - 20 On

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man utd missing CB's this weekend again, I tempted for both teams to score

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

stingerro wrote: »
    For me the bet of the day is Werder +2 AH at Borussia Dortmund - 1.675 at bet365.com (didn't check other bookies) looks like a great value during opening day of the season. Werder +1.5 AH odds are 2.1, also worth considering.
    Hoping some of you followed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Avfctom wrote: »
    borussia dortmund to win
    bolton to win or draw
    lyon to win or draw

evens £50

GET IN few days break back with a bang two winners tonight set me up nicely for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Southampton v Wigan
    Over 2.5 Goals Evs Ladbrokes

10 of the last 14 Premier League away games for Wigan have gone over 2.5 goals.

Wigan have kept just one clean sheet in their last 18 Premier League away games.

Wigan have only failed to score in one of their last 14 Premier League away games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just looked at the Boylesports assists market earlier for the first time. Kagawa anytime assist at 7/2 looks good to me. Even though Man Utd were shocking against Everton he was one of the few positives and if Utd were to create a goal it looked like it might come through him. Against Fulham tomorrow I think we might see a backlash of sorts from Utd. Fulham were very impressive in their first game but I can see a few goals in this match, and I reckon Kagawa will create a few chances for Rooney, RVP etc. He's 10/1 for first assist but I'll definitely be taking some of that 7/2 anytime.

Levadia Tallinn -1 (vs Sillamae Kalev) @ 1.70

Levadia are scoring goals for fun at the moment - http://www.soccerway.com/teams/estonia/fc-levadia-tallinn/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone think there's value on Newcastle at 11/2?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Anyone think there's value on Newcastle at 11/2?
    BTTS would be more likely - 4/6 on PP and 0-0 is 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

chelsea man u southampton sunderland tottenham. all to win at 11.73... is it worth it..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

deckycoop wrote: »
    chelsea man u southampton sunderland tottenham. all to win at 11.73... is it worth it..:confused:
    Never do that many games in the premiership, especially straight out wins. 99.999999999% chance of something unexpected happening.

If you do, just don't go spending silly money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Dont think Chelsea will win this one at all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This looks worth a punt for those of you who like season long bets, especially after todays transfer news.

Sunderland to win Group B (contains Sunderland, Fulham, Aston Villa and Stoke) at 2/1. Whoever finishes highest in the league wins the group.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/group-b

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

An absolute joke how the odds on this is only 10/1 , bookies having a laugh ... If i were a bookie id give odds of 1000/1 on this bet and i would sleep very soundly ... not chance in hells bells of this even near coming out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Higgytash wrote: »
    An absolute joke how the odds on this is only 10/1 , bookies having a laugh ... If i were a bookie id give odds of 1000/1 on this bet and i would sleep very soundly ... not chance in hells bells of this even near coming out

Maybe, but they have to cover themselves for trebles/doubles etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Prima Radona

Spurs are too short for tomorrow's game, in my opinion.

Should be around 8/11 or 4/5.

The loss of Modric and injuries to Kaboul and Parker being the main pointers, despite the quality of the replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

What do ye think of overs in the norwich match?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

I was thinking recently that in all my years of betting that I dont think I have ever bet the draw.

Anybody here back the draw regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Prick! wrote: »

aye but if they had a special on that 5 fold @ 1000/1 i wouldnt part a cent of my money on it .... Bets like these simply dont work any more :( bookies love to see them coming id imagine .... You have to admit that odds of 10s on them 5 teams is pathetic all the same.. Best o luck anyway deckycoop if ya decide to go for it, wud love ta see it win nd d bookies bet!!

Tomorrow Im going to go for €20 treble on the following

Southampton v wigan over 2.5 goals @ 5/6 reasoning stated by magherakid on the previous page...

Inverness v Celtic both teams to score @ 5/6 .... Celtic were away in sweden mid week and i can see this affecting them somewhat as they played a strong team so can see them conceding some stage this game also they will have one eye on the coming return leg and are meant to be resting a few considering what money is at stake with the champions league, they can also afford the slip up this year with no gers ...

Villa vs Everton , Everton draw no bet @8/13 ... im a united fan and was really impressed with everton last monday (as bad as united were) , i think this could be finally the season they can end their bad starts, squad looks really strong this year I dont think one villa player would get a game if they played at everton and really think villa will battle relegation all season... I would love to pick Everton win as think they will its just their away form is so shocking and everton have only won once here since the premiership begun and i believe jelevic may not play due to injury which wud be a massive blow ... so going on that draw is very likely i just cannot what so ever see villa getting anything in this i think they are hopeless ..

€20 pays €108

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

3 singles for me.

Michu anytime 2/1. Reasonable odds given his performance last weekend and I fancy Swansea to score a couple.

Southampton/Wigan Over 2.5 Evens (Ladbrokes)

Stoke/Arsenal BTTS 8/11 - Both teams scored in every meeting at the Brittania since Stoke got promoted and in 7 of the last 9 meetings home and away. Both teams scored in Stoke's last 5 home games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Higgytash wrote: »
    Prick! wrote: »

aye but if they had a special on that 5 fold @ 1000/1 i wouldnt part a cent of my money on it .... Bets like these simply dont work any more :( bookies love to see them coming id imagine .... You have to admit that odds of 10s on them 5 teams is pathetic all the same.. Best o luck anyway deckycoop if ya decide to go for it, wud love ta see it win nd d bookies bet!!

Tomorrow Im going to go for €20 treble on the following

Southampton v wigan over 2.5 goals @ 5/6 reasoning stated by magherakid on the previous page...

Inverness v Celtic both teams to score @ 5/6 .... Celtic were away in sweden mid week and i can see this affecting them somewhat as they played a strong team so can see them conceding some stage this game also they will have one eye on the coming return leg and are meant to be resting a few considering what money is at stake with the champions league, they can also afford the slip up this year with no gers ...

Villa vs Everton , Everton draw no bet @8/13 ... im a united fan and was really impressed with everton last monday (as bad as united were) , i think this could be finally the season they can end their bad starts, squad looks really strong this year I dont think one villa player would get a game if they played at everton and really think villa will battle relegation all season... I would love to pick Everton win as think they will its just their away form is so shocking and everton have only won once here since the premiership begun and i believe jelevic may not play due to injury which wud be a massive blow ... so going on that draw is very likely i just cannot what so ever see villa getting anything in this i think they are hopeless ..

€20 pays €108

Good post, I was looking at something very similar myself ( also well impressed with Evertons team play), the only difference is that I'm gonna leave out the Celtic bet and put in Swansea to win @ just over evens - there at home and looked outstanding last week with their two new signing fitting in well, regarding West Ham they were good away from home last season but Swansea is a difficult place to go to as many teams found out last season - honestly its more a bet on Swansea's home form and recent results ( incl friendlys) against West Hams unknown quantity in the premiership - single of Swansea to win @ 23/20 and (-1) @ 3/1 - if all goes tits up I can recover as its an early game:)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries & suspensions:
    Palmeiras v Santos FC
    Palmeiras: Fernandinho, Wesley, Leite, Carvalho, Luan, Patrik, Assunção, Araújo, Román, Artur, Heleno
    Santos FC: Fucile, Bernardo, Galhardo, Dracena, Léo
    pick 2

Brighton v Barnsley FC
    Brighton: Vicente (doubtful), Hoskins
    Barnsley FC: Perkins, Done, Digby, McNulty, Mido, Silva, O'Brien, Steele, Alnwick
    pick 1

Hamburger SV v Nürnberg
    Hamburger SV: Rajkovic, Scharner, Arslan, Kacar, Rincon
    Nürnberg: Hlousek, Mendler
    pick X2

Inverness CT v Celtic FC
    Inverness CT: Foran, Jones, Hogg
    Celtic FC: Rogne, Brown, Samaras, Commons (all doubtful), Ledley, Kayal, Murphy, McGeouch, Stokes
    pick 1X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

a double of

Kashima antlers to win

Gamba osaka to win

at 2.07

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

it'll be singles mainly for me if one of these doesnt win

double of swansea and southampton both around evens

michu 1st scorer 6s

tiny stakes doubles trebles on 1st goalscorers
    michu lampbert jelavic 6s 5s 9/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Lokomotiv Moscow v Dinamo Moscow over 2.5goals @5/6.
    5 out of the last 6 games between these 2 have resulted in over 2.5 goals.
    Small bet on doubling this up with over 9 corners @2.36/1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement