Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Thanks Bluewolf. Feck it anyway don't have sky, so can't sig in for catch up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

This is awful, theyre telling the 'larger' girl be carefulwith angles (fine) because youre larger than everyone else (not fine), and the male judge yelling 'what a pair of knockers!' How unprof compared to the usa one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Goddamnit Id have loved to have done amsterdam before Ava was born -- now I wouldn't. Because I'm a momma and we don't do those kind of trips. Besides my fiancé and me would have entirely different plans on what to do in Amsterdam. He's a lot more sophisticated than I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

bluewolf wrote: »
    the male judge yelling 'what a pair of knockers!'

:eek::confused::confused::confused: How can someone who works in fashion and deals with models in a professional setting actually speak to anyone like that? That's creepy pervy talk for a pub, not the workplace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Thanks Bluewolf. Feck it anyway don't have sky, so can't sig in for catch up.

Not missing anything, i rarely watch these shows but usa is way better

ct i know he sounds like a right gobsh|te

• Advertisement

Also I need to stop eating sweetcorn. It makes poop look like it's got eyes. Like a teddybear

Now he just pulled up a girls skirt wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Also I need to stop eating sweetcorn. It makes poop look like it's got eyes. Like a teddybear

You don't need to stop eating sweetcorn, you just need to stop analysing your poop;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    muffin, what about Krakow? It's meant to be great. Haven't been myself but lurk the Travel forum quite a bit and it's very popular over there.
    Haven't looked at Krakow to be honest.

Will look it up tonight actually, thanks for the suggestion.

Would Barcelona be warm/hot in May/June?

Haven't looked at Krakow to be honest.

Will look it up tonight actually, thanks for the suggestion.

Would Barcelona be warm/hot in May/June?

Defo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Draft one of valentine's story finished. He'd better like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Muffin, go to Budapest!

There's loads to do, good shoppIng, the food is relatively cheap and the public transport (busses and underground) are pretty cheap too and really easy to navigate.
    Plus, it's just such a beautiful city and it'll definitely be warm in May or June!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Apparently in South Korea they have a forever alone day.
    I've discovered my hatred of coupley people today. Welcome to Valentines Week...

Thanks a million guys, for all the suggestions etc. Really appreciate them.

Will have a look at Krakow, although there's something about Barcelona, dunno what it is, that's drawing me to it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Draft one of valentine's story finished. He'd better like it!

That sounds so lovely, i'm not creative enough for a story.

In fairness, my valentines day involves waiting for him to come home to me! LOL Boyfriend will be arriving onn wednesday so that will be our valentines day!

I'm planning on cooking him chicken, stuffed with stuffing and other lovely things with roasties and potatoes. Mainly cos he complains about the spuds in Newcastle, secondly, because I freaking love potatoes!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I was looking at Rome, is it very religious and is it expensive?

Neither of us are religious at all.

No, just the Vatican, so just don't go there! :) Not religious at all really in the rest of the city, just filled with history. It's not too expensive, it's touristy so the really touristy areas are a bit expensive for some things but it's not that bad, and definitely worth seeing. I didn't spend much there really.
    Goddamnit Id have loved to have done amsterdam before Ava was born -- now I wouldn't. Because I'm a momma and we don't do those kind of trips. Besides my fiancé and me would have entirely different plans on what to do in Amsterdam. He's a lot more sophisticated than I.

Amsterdam isn't just about getting stoned off your face in a coffee shop for a weekend, there's the gorgeous canals, parks, pancake places, lovely food in general, Heineken brewery, museums, shopping...being a "momma" doesn't mean you can't have fun as far as I know :confused: I've been there twice in my lovely kidless state and still haven't set foot in any of those coffee shops and never intend to. It's like people saying there's nothing to do in Vegas but drink and gamble. *Exasperated sigh*

Acoshla wrote: »
    No, just the Vatican, so just don't go there! :) Not religious at all really in the rest of the city, just filled with history. It's not too expensive, it's touristy so the really touristy areas are a bit expensive for some things but it's not that bad, and definitely worth seeing. I didn't spend much there really.

Amsterdam isn't just about getting stoned off your face in a coffee shop for a weekend, there's the gorgeous canals, parks, pancake places, lovely food in general, Heineken brewery, museums, shopping...being a "momma" doesn't mean you can't have fun as far as I know :confused: I've been there twice in my lovely kidless state and still haven't set foot in any of those coffee shops and never intend to. It's like people saying there's nothing to do in Vegas but drink and gamble. *Exasperated sigh*
    Yes thanks but I'm well aware there's more to amsterdam than those coffee shops, hence mentioning himself having a different idea to Amsterdam than me. Tbh personally if I did go to amsterdam it wouldn't have been for the scenery or the tulips. Because I'm not childless obviously that's not an option anymore - but if I did go -- that's what I'd be going for.

Muffin if you want to do romantic, I think florence is beautiful in Italy. I loved Rome but I felt like Florance and venice were a lot more romantic, with fantastic art gallerys, and the canals in venice are worth a wee trip on!

Italy is really cheap actually, I did 3 weeks there interrailing and it was fab! Enjoy planning your holiday though!

Yes thanks but I'm well aware there's more to amsterdam than those coffee shops, hence mentioning himself having a different idea to Amsterdam than me. Tbh personally if I did go to amsterdam it wouldn't have been for the scenery or the tulips. Because I'm not childless obviously that's not an option anymore - but if I did go -- that's what I'd be going for.

Ah right, I never really got into that whole scene so it would just never even occur to me to dedicate an entire trip abroad to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I love travelling. Probably why I will never have a child! I've done the states and a good bit of Europe. Hopefully will get Canada out of the way this year.

Then maybe back to Ireland for a job, save up and take off again! Mad to travel south east Asia and Japan. I have a Tefl qualification too. Would love to see New Zealand and some of South America too.

I'm getting old though, feel like I wasted too many years in college and too many summers working when I should have been out in the world racking up debt :pac:

Maybe by the time I'm 30 I'll have seen where I want to see and can pick a country and settle down ans start a career!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ah right, I never really got into that whole scene so it would just never even occur to me to dedicate an entire trip abroad to it.

Friends of mine go about 3 times year just to smoke and other stuff. Eh sure they do that here every weekend too :confused:

I'm mad for museums and culture, but I would also take a stroll through the red light district and see a show :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My brothers girlfriend made me a whole pavlova. Aw yeah! :)

Tbh neither have I. Smoked weed maybe twice in my life but other than just experiencing being wrecked the entire weekend, Amsterdam wouldn't interest me... Id rather go to experience different things, even events, like that giant tomato fight that happens in Spain!!! I'd loveeeeee that

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Muffin if you want to do romantic, I think florence is beautiful in Italy. I loved Rome but I felt like Florance and venice were a lot more romantic, with fantastic art gallerys, and the canals in venice are worth a wee trip on!

Italy is really cheap actually, I did 3 weeks there interrailing and it was fab! Enjoy planning your holiday though!
    Thanks so much for this.

Was there much to do in Florence?

Friends of mine go about 3 times year just to smoke and other stuff. Eh sure they do that here every weekend too :confused:

I'm mad for museums and culture, but I would also take a stroll through the red light district and see a show :pac:

We went to see a sex show on a Monday night, the last one of the night. There was more of a show in the front row than on the stage, HILarious, I love Amsterdam! :p

Thanks so much for this.

Was there much to do in Florence?

Well, there is loads of art galleries there, some lovely churches and scenery. There is also the florence markets as well. It's quite a good city for shopping and of course, in italian style, loads of food!

The statue of david is there by michealangelo (spelling! ) as well as art by Botellie (Spelling again! Argh! ) like the Venus in a clam picture.
    It's really good if your interested in culture, there's also some amazing architechture!

Me and my best friend went, we really enjoyed it. You can also get wine tours etc which are day tours out in that province, highly recommended! Lots of little coffee bars which had cocktails so it kept us happy!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Not much love for me so far *sniffle*

And to think I gave ye cake in the first post! :p

You are top of mine!
    192403.jpg

Doubled the number of dresses that I own today - I now own 2 :P Also got a lovely Saville Row shirt for €20

Wrecked now, but pretty happy after the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im contemplating putting on my picture up on KYL!

i dont know how to resize images though!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Rice krispie buns, a cosmo, and Justin Timberlake. Heaven :)

• Advertisement

Some show called sex tips for girls on 3e... o.O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement