Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

etxp wrote: »
    Played Carne golf links today(belmullet). As my home course has bad flood damage from the storms carne offered all our members a free round today so headed down.

I know its the scoring thread, but it has to be said...

*Thumbs up* to Carne! That is really awesome to do something like that for another club and its members. Fairplay!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

35pts last week off hc 18-won the front 9 comp with 22 points in Roganstown

Yesterday in non stop rain had 30points (18 on front) bloody delighted as my pawacaddy broke on 11th and I pulled a muscle in my neck on 6th

Golf game is heading in right direction- short game is getting sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Rikand wrote: »
    I know its the scoring thread, but it has to be said...

*Thumbs up* to Carne! That is really awesome to do something like that for another club and its members. Fairplay!

Yea was a pretty awesome thing to do!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

37 points off 17 today.
    19/18 front/back.
    Putting and green side chips cost me a few, happy to be keeping the overall scoring steady over the past few months (buffers and the rare ocassion either side).
    The scoring within the round is a bit all or nothing...

8 pars
    5 bogeys
    4 Doubles (index 1&2, OOB and stupid)
    1 Scratch (stupid)

3 birdie putts lipped out.
    Happy to be coming away a little disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Neil Andblomee

5 under gross in a 2man scramble, played shocking ****e and left it behind us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

What a day for golf & abu's ;)

Gross 82 today (+11)
    5 pars
    11 bogey's
    1 double
    1 ace

Funny game, couldn't buy a putt :D thankfully didn't need one on the par 3 11th :D

Strangely enough I would have thought it could only get better after the ace but alas it obviously got the better of me with only one par after that.

Fair play mafc, first hole in one?

PARlance wrote: »
    Fair play mafc, first hole in one?

Thanks PARlance, yeh my first one, came close a few times but finally done it :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Excellent stuff. Congrats on the ace.

mafc wrote: »
    Thanks PARlance, yeh my first one, came close a few times but finally done it :D

I would thank it twice if I could.
    Fairly reserved post for an Ace, somehow it deserves more than a sentence in the HDYS thread.... :)

Super stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Well done on the Ace fella :)
    You need your own thread just for the Ace!!

PARlance wrote: »
    I would thank it twice if I could.
    Fairly reserved post for an Ace, somehow it deserves more than a sentence in the HDYS thread.... :)

Super stuff

To be honest with you it was a bit of an anti climax, not how I thought it would be. We took a few photos shook hands & got on with the rest of the round.A few pints of the black stuff were consumed afterwards with my playing partners.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Congrats on the ace, super stuff.

Played with Parlance & Scuba today out in Grange Castle. First round of 2014 & the lack of practice showed with my short game.

Putter was working pretty well, 3 3putts, but still felt I was putting very well, 5 1putts.

Was very solid off the tee, but the iron & long game wasn't quite there.

79% FIR
    28% GIR
    34 Putts

1 birdie
    4 Pars
    12 Bogeys
    1 Treble

86 strokes.

If the putter had been working for parlance today he could have posted an epic score & Scuba will be in good shape once those swing changes are settled in.

Time to get back into lesson mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Another strange kind of a round today. Scored 38 points (84 strokes), 21 front and 17 back.

1 birdie
    8 pars
    6 bogies
    2 doubles
    1 scratch

Going lovely until the 9th, only +2 after 8. Short par 3, hit it straight as an arrow off the tee but overcooked it. Chipped back on and went well past, then had an overly agressive putt and missed the next back for my first double bogey of 2014 :-(

Had a few duffed pitches today from 40 to 60 yards out, the only bad part of my game, one ended up in the lake. Driving was decent enough, irons were once again really good, I have never been so consistent with my irons as I have in the last month or two. Pitching around the green was very good, made several saves today and putter generally worked well.

Playing so well at the moment, just dying to get back to summer rules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

27 points off 17, :mad:
    Dear God why do i play this fu**ing game.

Driving was so erratic that it was a guessing game where it would go.
    Irons not much better and putting is so scary that my partners wont give me a foot putt cause i probably will 3 putt.

Lessons have to be booked asap :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played really brilliant today but made 3 bad swings the whole day, resulting in 3 lost balls. Still finished with 30 points for 15 holes. Happy enough :D

Cant remember when i last lost 3 balls in a round though, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Very happy with my 13 hole competition score yesterday of 31pts in Moate. It was made all the sweeter by the fact that I totally stuffed up the first hole but it was the only one I scratched all day. I was delighted that I didnt let it affect me one bit just carried on with the rest of the round and although I had a couple of iffy shots here and there overall I was hitting the ball pretty well.

Even got 3 birdies, the 5th (index 1) the 9th (easy par 4, index 18) and the 12th (index 8). I had not birdied the 5th in ages. Didnt feature in the category prizes as I had a 2nd in a 13 holer before Christmas so it meant my 'official' score for the comp was 31-1 = 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Did 9 holes at Ballyhaunis in 46 shots today

1 * 7 (silly shots)
    2 * 6's
    4 * 5's
    1 * 4
    1 * 3

More to come off hopefully and will have to get a handicap soon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Well done mafc . Dying to get one myself. Still missing off the to do list.

Very cooly delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Played Moor Park today for a break from Rathcore, almost didn't go out with a toothache but its a day at golf so..

55 on the front 9 with 1 par and 1 scratch (counted as 7), 45 on the back nine with 1 birdie and 2 pars. Took some painkillers that didn't kick in until near the end of the front 9 so it was tough going walking into the wind etc

Tipped into the driving range after to hit the driver a few times. Wasn't too bad today as long as I followed through fully. The pro I got lessons from had a look in and said much the same thing, just not to leave my stance so wide, otherwise he said its a really good swing when I put everything together which helped my mood at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Played 12 in Forrest lit, +2 after 3 but didn't panic... Run of pars, 1bogey and 3 birds in last 4 resulting in level..

Quite enjoyed how I stuck at it and grinded a result. Love this game again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

mafc wrote: »
    What a day for golf & abu's ;)

Gross 82 today (+11)
    5 pars
    11 bogey's
    1 double
    1 ace

Funny game, couldn't buy a putt :D thankfully didn't need one on the par 3 11th :D

Strangely enough I would have thought it could only get better after the ace but alas it obviously got the better of me with only one par after that.

well done! Class feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

15 holes played in Rathbane. first time i played there in nearly a year.

ended with 32 points.
    i normally give myself a target of >30 points for 18 holes.

So happy enough

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

played first 18 holes in 7 weeks,first round with the new nike driver too.came in with 35pts off 14..
    general play was good, but couple of chips killed
    driving was slightly wayward at times.( new driver and all)
    but happy overall..

9 holes at Ballyhaunis again today - in windy conditions

1 * 7
    7 * 6's
    1 * 4

jdee99 wrote: »
    9 holes at Ballyhaunis again today - in windy conditions

1 * 7
    7 * 6's
    1 * 4

Com'on Mayo!!!
    That's 3 of us on the golf forum now... A few more and we might get an Boards Society Outing in the West in a few years :)

Did 18 holes at BH again today

96 shots

4 * Par
    7 * Bogies
    5 * D Bogies
    2 * T Bogies

At least 8 shots were stupid ones! 1 35 foot putt and 1 chip in from off the green :-)

jdee99 wrote: »
    Did 18 holes at BH again today

96 shots
    1 * 8
    2 * 7
    5 * 6
    3 * 5
    6 * 4
    1 * 3

At least 8 shots were stupid ones! 1 35 foot putt and 1 chip in from off the green :-)

Jdee, it might be best to keep your scores in this format:
    X Birdies,
    X Pars,
    X Bogies,
    X D Bogies,
    X T Bogies

It's very hard to know what's going on with the current system you are using.
    i.e was your 3 a birdie on a Par 4, a Par on a Par 3.... or an eagle on a Par 5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sorry we are not being golf grammar Nazzi's but is BH - Bay Hill. Ballymun House or Beirut Hospital.

I know it is Ballyhaunis.

Your going well - 96.

What was your lowest so far ?

• Advertisement

Apologies will list as birdies etc in future - best so far is a 94 - only been playing since September so I guess its heading in the right direction - and yes it Ballyhaunis will use full name in future :-)

Advertisement