Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Rock & Metal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Woop woop! New Jupiter album has arrived! :D

• Site Banned Posts: 15 Hinomaru

There is a new band forming in Japan now called "Far East Dizain"

Its being done my former Deluhi and Undivide guitarist Leda.

There is no music out just yet but I think I can safely say going to be something I'll enjoy. The man behind it is someone I greatly admire.

I'm kinda annoyed with the new Jupiter album...

There's a regular and special edition which has a bonus DVD, and they were both around the same price so I had got the special edition only to discover that for whatever reason the regular edition has 14 tracks, where the special edition only has 13! What the hell like? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Sorry for the delay
    Some Mad Capsule Markets as promised.
    Used to love this song.

Cool, thanks for posting! They're a band I never got into, but if you like the mix of electronic sounds, Blood Stain Child are really worth checking out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Just saw this thread by chance and I was only looking at a band who are Aisian, sorry I cant say if they are Japanese or not but they copied the music side of things perfectly, not so much the singing.

Its a cover of Phil Lynott and John Sykes Please dont leave me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwPo_hm7_vU

Lads does anyone know if a cd version (flac) of this DVD exists? the guitarists and drummer are very good,even if Kens pronunciation is not the best:D

celticsfan wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know if a cd version (flac) of this DVD exists? the guitarists and drummer are very good,even if Kens pronunciation is not the best:D

Had a look about, and there doesn't seem to be any CD version of the DVD, from what I could gather here. Searched on the Japanese HMV and Amazon sites too and no luck, so I'd say it's just available on DVD.

But I did notice he does a cover of Lover Boy

He's got nothing on his former L'arc en Ciel bandmate Hyde's vocals, but musicially it's a damn good cover! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Links234 wrote: »
    Had a look about, and there doesn't seem to be any CD version of the DVD, from what I could gather here. Searched on the Japanese HMV and Amazon sites too and no luck, so I'd say it's just available on DVD.

But I did notice he does a cover of Lover Boy

He's got nothing on his former L'arc en Ciel bandmate Hyde's vocals, but musicially it's a damn good cover! :D

Thanks Links234... Im not too familiar at all with Asian rock music,only what I discover through this thread and then from youtube suggesting vids.. Quite like Girugamesh also at the min :D

Maybe I could buy the Live dvd and rip the audio from it? wouldnt have a scooby doo how to do it but could be worth a shot :cool:

Thanks Links234... Im not too familiar at all with Asian rock music,only what I discover through this thread and then from youtube suggesting vids.. Quite like Girugamesh also at the min :D

Maybe I could buy the Live dvd and rip the audio from it? wouldnt have a scooby doo how to do it but could be worth a shot :cool:

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do, this seems perfect for what you want to do, and VLC is free.

Yeah Girugamesh are awesome :D

If you're liking Ken's solo stuff then check out L'Arc en Ciel if you've not done so already! Though they're big enough worldwide that you might've heard of them, if not, that's Ken there on guitar ;)

While we're talking about covers, and I'm on a bit of a L'arc en Ciel buzz, this something else :D

• Advertisement

So here's something interesting from Huffing Post UK, Seven Japanese Acts to Watch in 2015.

Cool to see The Gazette and Maximum The Hormone on there, but some other interesting stuff there too. Necronomidol is interesting

Guys, check out Ningen Isu immediately! :D

They've got this old-school heavy metal sound, kinda doomy, don't take themselves too seriously and are just all kinds of awesome. I'd say quite a few people here might like them, they're quite the opposite of what I usually post, none of the excessively OTT style of metal I like, just a simple 3 piece with big riffs and a huge sound. I'd say fans of Boris or Church of Misery would seriously like these guys! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Dir en grey playing Islington Academy in London on May 23rd and 24th :D

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Dir en grey playing Islington Academy in London on May 23rd and 24th :D

oh ****! :eek:

OH ****!!!! :eek:

oh ****! :eek:

OH ****!!!! :eek:

Tickets on sale on Friday at £28.25. But of course I'm skint. I can see this selling quickly as they are playing two nights and fans that follow their tours will go for that convenience factor. Could they not have asked my financal situation and waited a fortnight :P

I think I can probably afford it, I've not been spending much money at all this past month, I'm just worried it might clash somewhat with herself's plans for me to come to visit while she's in the states :eek:

I could buy tickets if I don't want to eat :pac: I've already spent this week eating a meal a day and don't think I'm prepared to do it again :O. If I was you I'd get tickets and see what happens. They'll be easy enough sold if needed.

New Nightmare album out on the 25th, here's the new video:

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do, this seems perfect for what you want to do, and VLC is free.

Yeah Girugamesh are awesome :D

If you're liking Ken's solo stuff then check out L'Arc en Ciel if you've not done so already! Though they're big enough worldwide that you might've heard of them, if not, that's Ken there on guitar ;)
    :eek:
    GIRUGAMESH HAVE OTHER IRISH FANS!?!!

:eek:
    GIRUGAMESH HAVE OTHER IRISH FANS!?!!

Hell yeah! :D

Saw them live last year and they were incredible!

• Advertisement

Awwh man I live and breathe Girugamesh xDDD
    Their music is so much fun and they're the nicest band I've ever met <3

You should post here more often so ;)

What did you think of their newest one?

Newest what? Album? I'm loving Gravitation if that's what you mean.

Yeah, Gravitation ;)

Btw, ever listen to Lynch.?

Yeah I love lynch.! DEATHGAZE too, while they were active...
    Also UnsraW, Merry, ghost, d'espairs ray, MUCC, ROACH, SiM, Rottengraffty, MtH....

New Sigh track! It sounds very... well, Sigh :)

Because I'm feeling nostalgic and this never fails to make me laugh..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Did someone mention nostalgic? I guess not many will remember Bow Wow aka Vow Wow who were probably the first Japanese rock band to be recognised internationally.

This is their theme song for supermarionation show X-Bomber (known in the UK and Ireland as Star Fleet). This gets extra points for use of Engrish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Rottengraffty

They are pretty f**king boss alright, got their live Dvd last year for myself. Must watch it more often, always find myself watching the AA= or One Ok Rock ones instead.

• Advertisement

It's almost 5 years now since Daisuke Ochida died, so I've been stuck listening to Kagerou and drowning in my sorrows all weekend. Kagerou was one of the first bands I started listening to and they still have a special place in my heart.

Sometimes when ShuU (girugamesh) DJs, he plays Kagerou songs...:(

Advertisement