Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle (Clothing)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I ordered on the 26th and still have no tracking number is that normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Mine just arrived. Total order was $166 incl shipping ($40 shipping) and had to pay customs of €52. Still worked out a hell of a lot cheaper than buying here and the clothes themselves are very high quality. Will be ordering again later I think

what way did they charge you customs

was it a percentage of the selling price of the goods??

or was it some random joe saying, "yeah that'll be around 52 euro in taxes"

Thats really crappy that for €82 worth of clothes (according to ae) that you have to pay €52 extra, plus the shipping !!

??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

what way did they charge you customs

was it a percentage of the selling price of the goods??

or was it some random joe saying, "yeah that'll be around 52 euro in taxes"

Thats really crappy that for €82 worth of clothes (according to ae) that you have to pay €52 extra, plus the shipping !!

??

If you are charged by customs it will be import duty [can't remembe what percent that is] plus VAT [21 percent] plus an administrative surcharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

I ordered on the 26th and still have no tracking number is that normal?

I don't think it is. it says it takes 24 hours before you get your tracking number. it took me ~36 hours before I got mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

q for anyone thats ordered any of the graphic tees / hoodies. any tips for picking the size. Im six foot, average weight. guess i'm normally M or L over here.
    Thinking XL for hoodie, L for t-shirts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I thought there was a problem with credit cards on the site, some people said you have to send identification?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

bren50c wrote: »
    q for anyone thats ordered any of the graphic tees / hoodies. any tips for picking the size. Im six foot, average weight. guess i'm normally M or L over here.

Deffo wouldn't go for XL in the hoodie. I'd say L would be a better bet. I find the stuff to be quite big. I take XL over here and the hoodies are a bit big.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

shortys94 wrote: »
    I thought there was a problem with credit cards on the site, some people said you have to send identification?

only if you specify a different delivery address to your billing address. Faxed them and got an email the next day that the order was being sent so it wasn't too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sweetie wrote: »
    only if you specify a different delivery address to your billing address. Faxed them and got an email the next day that the order was being sent so it wasn't too much hassle.

i had a different billing and shipping address and i didnt get any of that stuff to do, but my order was just under $100...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Call_me_al wrote: »
    i had a different billing and shipping address and i didnt get any of that stuff to do, but my order was just under $100...

it's probably just random then. be pissed if I get done for customs too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

bren50c wrote: »

I went for large second time around. Medium was waaaaay too small. Remember that the T-shirts say vintage fit on them which seems to be slightly smaller then normal. I'd be around the same size as yourself and I've a hoodie and a few T's on the way. I should have my hands on them on Monday(they landed today.)
    If you haven't already ordered I'll let you know how they fit.
    Deffo wouldn't go for XL in the hoodie.

The medium hoodie was just to small for me so I'd agree the large should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Thanks for the code!

Just made my first purchase from them, couple of polos and a few t's, so cheers.

I went for large second time around. Medium was waaaaay too small. Remember that the T-shirts say vintage fit on them which seems to be slightly smaller then normal. I'd be around the same size as yourself and I've a hoodie and a few T's on the way. I should have my hands on them on Monday(they landed today.)
    If you haven't already ordered I'll let you know how they fit.

The medium hoodie was just to small for me so I'd agree the large should be fine.

thatd be great. ill hold out for that. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Great spot OP, made my order Thursday and its currently in Kansas en route.:D

Hopefully doesnt incur customs (was $86 plus shipping for a hoodie and 3 t-shirts) so shall be awaiting its delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

did everyone get caught for $60 shipping ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

s8n wrote: »

The shipping is based on the value of your order. There is a table on the website outlining the shipping rates.

Order Subtotal USPS Global Express Mail
    $0 - $49.99 $25
    $50 - $99.99 $30
    $100 - $149.99 $40
    $150 - $199.99 $50
    $200 - $299.99 $60
    $300 - $499.99 $85
    $500 - $749.99 $115
    $750 - $999.99 $130
    $1,000 and over $150

Orders are delivered by air to international addresses via United States Postal Service (USPS) Global Express Mail within 5 to 14 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

s8n wrote: »

You'll get hit for customs if your shipping came to that amount:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Cheers OP ordered mine last night, shipping was $30.

Disgusted I lost out on the "Springbreak bag" as well. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yeah spring break is not such a big deal over here
    its a puty
    we really should make more of an effort with the easter holidays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

yeah spring break is not such a big deal over here
    its a puty
    we really should make more of an effort with the easter holidays

WHAT since when i thought that was easter was for ...........Sping break rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Deos anyone know if the code will work twice on the same credit card?
    i.e. I want to make another order

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Deos anyone know if the code will work twice on the same credit card?
    i.e. I want to make another order

I'd imagine it would. there's only one way to find out really and that's to try it again. in the confirmation part of your order it should say whether or not the discount has been applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Yep, it works alright. Just put through a second order.
    Hoping customs dosen't have me marked or anything

Makaveli wrote: »
    Parcels are flagged by customs when they enter the country it has nothing to do with your postman. Customs get it before An Post do.

Just to show you, here is my tracking info from my two orders.

Arrived Abroad, February 29, 2008, 3:01 pm, IRELAND
    International Dispatch, February 28, 2008, 2:14 pm, O'HARE APT/CHICAGO
    Processed, February 28, 2008, 2:12 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60666
    Processed, February 27, 2008, 3:01 pm, KANSAS CITY, MO 64121
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 27, 2008

Out of Foreign Customs, February 08, 2008, 4:37 pm, IRELAND
    Into Foreign Customs, February 06, 2008, 3:17 pm, IRELAND

Arrived Abroad, February 06, 2008, 3:16 pm, IRELAND
    International Dispatch, February 05, 2008, 2:11 pm, O'HARE APT/CHICAGO
    Processed, February 05, 2008, 2:08 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60666
    Processed, February 04, 2008, 2:45 pm, KANSAS CITY, MO 64121
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 04, 2008

The one that got hit by customs was for $222 the one that made it through untouched was for $145.

really hope I don't get done by customs. it's only worth €117 including postage so hopefully the fact that the package hasn't gone into foreign customs by now means it won't.

anyone elses package get sent to Ottawa, KS? wonder what that's about or is it just a mistake?

Arrived Abroad, March 07, 2008, 4:24 pm, IRELAND
    Shipment Accepted; March 05, 2008, 12:44 pm, OTTAWA, KS 66067
    International Dispatch, March 04, 2008, 8:40 pm, O'HARE APT/CHICAGO
    Processed, March 04, 2008, 8:38 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60666
    Processed, March 03, 2008, 6:08 pm, KANSAS CITY, MO 64121
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, March 03, 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Order arrived this morning. No Customs:D.....Order was $168 before discount and shipping. That is the amount that is printed on the parcel. It went through Ottawa KS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

thanks for the code!
    mine arrived today. the total cost was $148 and i didnt get caught by customs. happy days!!

@bren50c Missed the postman this morning,called at 7.45am FFS.Will have to collect parcel tomorrow morning and I'll post then.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

My order just arrived this morning, only ordered last tuesday night so im really impressed how quick shipping was. Only problem is the stuff is a little to big:( so now it has to go back... Anyone have any idea how much it is to return stuff to these guys? Also does it have to be registered post?

• Advertisement

Dave6195 wrote: »
    My order just arrived this morning, only ordered last tuesday night so im really impressed how quick shipping was. Only problem is the stuff is a little to big:( so now it has to go back... Anyone have any idea how much it is to return stuff to these guys? Also does it have to be registered post?

LOL wanna buy my stuff thats too small for me.

I tried to work out An Posts system of whats a packet Vs parcel going by the dimensions they give. Got fed trying to work it out. Don't bother, due to the light weight I always got €27.And yes you'll need to use registered post. Most registered post to the US seems to work out at €27.(based on parcel option+weight)

Advertisement