Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

This post has been deleted.

Do I just need to use the APK in the link and that's it or does something extra need to be flashed mate?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

madmoe wrote: »
    Do I just need to use the APK in the link and that's it or does something extra need to be flashed mate?

Cheers,
    M

I think its a case of using VooDoo first. Just download it and run it.
    Then use CWM with this file

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Sniipe wrote: »
    I think its a case of using VooDoo first. Just download it and run it.
    Then use CWM with this file

Think it's the other way around..At least it was for me..

Patch first , then run Voodoo.. Sim Unlock now holds for me

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Think it's the other way around..At least it was for me..

Patch first , then run Voodoo.. Sim Unlock now holds for me

I do have one odd thing though.. The *#7465625# command to check Sim lock status no longer works for me - Just does nothing...

Hasn't worked for a while...not sure when it stopped..

Anyone else see this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Phone updated this morning build number not changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Cool - I found this guide and I'm going to try it out. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1671969

Update released by Samsung for Battery drain via modem

Details from SamMobile site here

Seems to suggest a significant improvement in battery life..

Update released by Samsung for Battery drain via modem

Details from SamMobile site here

Seems to suggest a significant improvement in battery life..

Always good news!!

• Advertisement

Time to test out the battery time again then! I was already quite happy with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Update was applied this morning, build number and version stayed the same. Devs should really provide a change log with OTA updates.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Devs should really provide a change log with OTA updates.

Couldn't agree more, I received an update yesterday so I assume that was it but will check via Kies now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Do vodafone block updating via kies? When I try it just says your device does not support software updating via kies.
    Still haven't been given the option to update it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's a cool Google music widget called plugin music. Quite customizable.

Always hated the stock one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Anyone know how to check modem version as i got the update with brightness slider yesterday and i wanna see if im still waiting on the latest one. Im on vodafone branded, not rooted/flashed etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Got mine yesterday. Brilliant phone nice upgrade from my htc desire hd.

*#1234# should give you that info.
    Cheers but i dont see a modem here unless im just not seeing it. Only things i see id ap, cp and csc along with firmware numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Sniipe wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. However I hit this issue:

So I clicked on my SuperSU app and it asks for an update "The Su binary needs to be updated. Continue?" so I click yes then "Installation failed"
    OMG... I should have never updated... :|

I had the same problem on a LG phone. Uninstalled it and upgraded from the market again. There was something strange because after I uninstalled it there was still option to "upgrade", but it worked.

• Advertisement

EJ22 wrote: »
    Cheers but i dont see a modem here unless im just not seeing it. Only things i see id ap, cp and csc along with firmware numbers.

CP is the Modem version

Should read I9300XXLH1 if you have the latest modem installed

EJ22 wrote: »

CP is the Modem version

Should read I9300XXLH1 if you have the latest modem installed
    Thanks very much. I haven't got it so guess i'll be waiting a while for vodafone to push it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I bought a Galaxy SIII a couple of days ago, really like the phone but I have a horrendous echo during calls, I have turned the noise reduction off but I am sick of hearing myself during calls :mad:

Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

Vahevala wrote: »
    I bought a Galaxy SIII a couple of days ago, really like the phone but I have a horrendous echo during calls, I have turned the noise reduction off but I am sick of hearing myself during calls :mad:

Anyone else have this?

call someone who is far away and not standing right next to you and it should be ok...
    :P
    but nah..generally these things are due to the network rather than the phone i would have thought no?
    can you throw a sim from antoher network into it and see if the issue is still there>?
    EDIT: be hard enough to find micro sims from other phones around besides people who own a 4s im guessing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fatops

howzat wrote: »
    Thanks for that unklerosco. Galaxy S3 on Vodafone is locked:(

Back to my original problem re Wifi and no internet connection over Wifi on my Galaxy S3. I got Samsung Galaxy S3 on Tuesday 12th June from Vodafone. Initially Wifi was working fine. However after 2nd charge, the wifi was no longer working. Correction, the wifi is connected, Signal strength Good etc but CANNOT access internet. Went back to Vodafone shop, they tried to help but no success. Advised that I ring Vodafone data support which I did, went through everything with them, finally he suggested that I do a factory reset and hey presto Wifi internet connection back again - that was yesterday. I charged phone yesterday evening and tried to go online after about 10pm and internet gone again and hasn't returned. Can I stress that wifi is connected and phone recognises connection is good etc. I have googled this issue and there does seem to be a wifi problem with some Samsung Galaxy S3's. Please help.

hi mate i got the same problem i contacted samsung and they said they will sent me a bag which i put the phone and sent it to samsung :) if it is less than 28 days you could get a refund / new phone if you have the receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

When I connect my S3 to Kies and try to backup it says there's an error. I also tried to transfer music from my laptop to the phone and for about half an hour it was stuck on the first file transfer. Cancelled it in the end. Anyone know what's up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    When I connect my S3 to Kies and try to backup it says there's an error. I also tried to transfer music from my laptop to the phone and for about half an hour it was stuck on the first file transfer. Cancelled it in the end. Anyone know what's up?

Uninstall Kies and just drag and drop. Kies is a terrible software, you don't need it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the wifi wont work on my S3 .Was working fine until yesterday.Anyone else have this problem or know a solution to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Klept0

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Uninstall Kies and just drag and drop. Kies is a terrible software, you don't need it

+1!

Had the same problem, Kies is awful software. In my case I was getting a hardware ID error every time I connected my phone to my PC. Uninstalled Kies (and the drivers) and let it find the drivers itself. Also the toolkit could be worth installing if you're having problems with drivers, click here.

Klept0 wrote: »
    +1!

Had the same problem, Kies is awful software. In my case I was getting a hardware ID error every time I connected my phone to my PC. Uninstalled Kies (and the drivers) and let it find the drivers itself. Also the toolkit could be worth installing if you're having problems with drivers, click here.

Hate it with a passion!!

Hate it with a passion!!

Yup almost as bad as itunes. /flame-on :P

Drag and drop for the Win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Or if you feel like you need a little help syncing your music and images get Airdroid

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Or if you feel like you need a little help syncing your music and images get Airdroid

Love Airdroid, great interface and works perfect every time!

• Advertisement

I got a SGS3 a week or two ago and I really like the phone but I am hating the fact that the autofit in the browser only works if you double click the page :mad::mad:

Is there any browser that does this automatically?

I got a SGS3 a week or two ago and I really like the phone but I am hating the fact that the autofit in the browser only works if you double click the page :mad::mad:

Have you tried Google Chrome mate?

Cheers,
    M

Have you tried Google Chrome mate?

Cheers,
    M

It is better than the stock browser but it makes web browsing so difficult, I can't believe autofit doesn't work as it did in the SGS2.

Tried Boat browser which was even worse. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something. My S3 autofits in the browser.

I have "Auto-fit pages" enabled and "Open pages in overview" disabled.

Do you have an example website?

Hmm, maybe I'm missing something. My S3 autofits in the browser.

I have "Auto-fit pages" enabled and "Open pages in overview" disabled.

Do you have an example website?

I am using www.forums.digitalspy.co.uk and if I open a certain thread, I have to double tap the screen for it to be autofit. If not, I miss half the thread and have to scroll across.

Really making me hate the phone. :( Are you using the stock browser?

• Advertisement

I randomly picked a thread and it looks like all the posts autofit OK (text in the body of the posts). Same as boards.ie

I'm using the stock browser too.
    I am using www.forums.digitalspy.co.uk and if I open a certain thread, I have to double tap the screen for it to be autofit. If not, I miss half the thread and have to scroll across.

Really making me hate the phone. :( Are you using the stock browser?

I randomly picked a thread and it looks like all the posts autofit OK (text in the body of the posts). Same as boards.ie

I'm using the stock browser too.

Are you on the stock ROM? because mine doesn't and it really makes browsing horrid :( unless I double tap the screen to make it autofit. I am on the stock 3 ROM.

@Vahevala, yep I'm on a stock eMobile ROM.

You definitely have "Auto-fit pages" enabled and "Open pages in overview" disabled?
    Perhaps I'm not understanding your problem correctly. Can you post a pic of before/after?

@Vahevala, yep I'm on a stock eMobile ROM.

You definitely have "Auto-fit pages" enabled and "Open pages in overview" disabled?
    Perhaps I'm not understanding your problem correctly. Can you post a pic of before/after?

It isn't just me, check this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/182587-how-do-you-get-text-resize-web-browser.html#anb

I haven't got a camera and don't know how to take a screenshot.

Correct, both of those are set.

Edit: it appears Opera Mobile works well with it, shame other browsers don't. Opera is slow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Can somebody tell me if the SG3 will take an SD card above 64gb. I had it in my head that Samsung had restricted the additional memory limit to 64gb, am I right?

Does somebody have a link to the best type of SD card the SG3 will take?

I was thinking about this

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Mobile-Microsdxc-Memory-Adapter/dp/B007JTKM30/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I take it any micro SD card will do? I'm not sure of any techy details regarding compatibility or read/write speeds I should be looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

Galaxy S3 supports up to 64GB, so you are good to go :)

source: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_galaxy_s_iii-4238.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone buy a dock for this?im looking for one but dont want to spend too much,are there many cheap ones out there,that wont be in bits within a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Can somebody tell me if the SG3 will take an SD card above 64gb. I had it in my head that Samsung had restricted the additional memory limit to 64gb, am I right?

Isn't 64GB the maximum capacity of MicroSD cards (at the moment) anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Does anyone know if you can disable the volume button on the side of the phone? I keep accidentally hitting it and turning my phone on mute and missing calls. Headwrecking!

Also since I updated (first update) sometimes my phone plays my ringtone but the screen to answer the phone doesn't come up. I even clicked the keypad while it was 'ringing' and nothing happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Well My volume buttons are switched off when not using phone. Adjust the settings. Put on screen lock and just answer call normally when needed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement