Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

546984_10151095561358479_469916194_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

furiousox wrote: »

I am now - thanks for that!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭furiousox

I am now - thanks for that!:D

Good man, I'm going to the Swords cinema, looking forward to it!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

224868.jpg

Spotted this in Lanzarote, didn't know Cycling Ireland employees owned pubs over there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Apparently Morana is the Slavic goddess of death.

2431135555_eaf4a11355_z.jpg?zz=1

• Advertisement

Just trying to find the old air guitar in the attic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lumen wrote: »
    Apparently Morana is the Slavic goddess of death.

2431135555_eaf4a11355_z.jpg?zz=1

So what's that, tissues soaked in death lotion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

buffalo wrote: »
    So what's that, tissues soaked in death lotion?

Per la dolce morte, da soli.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Listening to Newstalk this morning, off the cuff comment "begging" cyclists to get the bus today as it was far to dangerous to cycle, followed by, "I know you want to get fit, but get the bus and got to the gym this evening"

ain't the reason I cycle bub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

CramCycle wrote: »
    Listening to Newstalk this morning, off the cuff comment "begging" cyclists to get the bus today as it was far to dangerous to cycle, followed by, "I know you want to get fit, but get the bus and got to the gym this evening"

ain't the reason I cycle bub

No danger that they'd beg motorists to give bikes extra room on the road :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

The melodrama surrounding Irish weather seems to know no bounds. You cycle through some rain and a bit of wind and people fall about themselves wringing their hands at the supposed trauma you must have endured. They seem to see a hurricane behind every faintly grey cloud, I wonder do they ever even venture beyond their front door for most of the year. Is it any wonder that as a society we seem so addicted to the car as some kind of safe haven from the "bad world outside".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,803 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

doozerie wrote: »
    The melodrama surrounding Irish weather seems to know no bounds. You cycle through some rain and a bit of wind and people fall about themselves wringing their hands at the supposed trauma you must have endured. They seem to see a hurricane behind every faintly grey cloud, I wonder do they ever even venture beyond their front door for most of the year. Is it any wonder that as a society we seem so addicted to the car as some kind of safe haven from the "bad world outside".
    I was about to ask what was the incredible hazard this morning. Rain, that was it? What, are cyclists made of Disprin?

Apparently we are made of anti-Disprin, given the headaches we seem to cause poor motorists.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I was about to ask what was the incredible hazard this morning. Rain, that was it? What, are cyclists made of Disprin?

I'm made of sugar! :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

This is primarily said to give the motorist just cause to shout, "Get off the road you feckin eejit, did you not hear the radio telling you not to cycle today!!" After all, driving in the rain can be stressful, and they do need some outlet to vent. On the off chance that they hit you in their state of heightened anxiety, it also provides them with a reasonable excuse, because you should really not have been cycling today, now should you?

buffalo wrote:

I now have a mental image of you in a race. Some of the bigger fellas in your bunch are running low on energy and craving carbohydrates, any carbohydrates. You are looking nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

hay sugar ;)

Bus driver posted in C&T the other night:
    bobby23 wrote: »
    Another thing that is a pain is not using the bike lane. Yet again the Lance Armstrong wanna bees believe they are so fast they are not causing a delay by cycling in the middle of the road.
    bobby23 wrote: »
    the bike lanes in dublin are a joke, rob peter to pay paul, only a line painted on a narrow road.

wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

A bit of rain? That problem has already been solved by those clever Dubliners:

"Created in Dublin, where it rains a LOT, these are designed to sit just below the knee, protecting the full lower leg from rain, splashes and general road grot, while allowing the wearer to retain some semblance of personal style."

http://road.cc/content/review/57905-georgia-dublin-leggits-waterproof-overshoes

(I've never heard of this brand before)

• Advertisement

Well, my first day cycling inside using one of Tacx's products. In spite of The Bike Shop's best efforts, I went for an Antares. Scary at first, but after one crash I seem to have it licked now. Sort of fun in fact! But cheesus, it gets hot REALLY fast in here.

I was wondering, what do you people watch/do on the trainers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

My bottom bracket.

Raam wrote: »
    My bottom bracket.

Seriously? I have to focus on a point a few ahead of me, or die. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

el tel wrote: »
    A bit of rain? That problem has already been solved by those clever Dubliners:

"Created in Dublin, where it rains a LOT, these are designed to sit just below the knee, protecting the full lower leg from rain, splashes and general road grot, while allowing the wearer to retain some semblance of personal style."

http://road.cc/content/review/57905-georgia-dublin-leggits-waterproof-overshoes

[SIZE="1"](I've never heard of this brand before)[/SIZE]

May aswell be wearing fluorescent welllies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Seriously? I have to focus on a point a few ahead of me, or die. :o

Yeah, the drool just falls straight down that way. Otherwise it's all over your chin.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Listen to Nicki Minaj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Which old fogey were you? I was the one with the Jimmy Page hairdo...

Good fun, teenager and I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

When all the new 2013 Pro team gear out? Wondering what the new Pro Cannondale Team will look like.....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

BX 19 wrote: »
    May aswell be wearing fluorescent welllies
    The other colours aren't as garish. I've seen women walking around in multi-coloured wellies as a style choice, but I don't know what they'd be like for cycling. The only wellies I've seen on bikes were caked in ****e and attached to a farmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭furiousox

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Good fun, teenager and I enjoyed it.

Ha!
    I was up near the back in B5.
    Crowd was of a "certain age" all right.
    Enjoyed it too, will buy the blu-ray when it comes out and crank it up on the surround sound at home.
    Coulda been a bit louder last night. ;)

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Well, my first day cycling inside using one of Tacx's products. In spite of The Bike Shop's best efforts, I went for an Antares. Scary at first, but after one crash I seem to have it licked now. Sort of fun in fact! But cheesus, it gets hot REALLY fast in here.

Between pain, snot, phlegm, sweat, tears and more pain if you can see anything while on the turbo you are not doing it properly.

Keep pushing until everything blurs over. You need music not vision.

I've watched cycling DVD's on my laptop while on the turbo trainer. Unfortunately the DVD's were narrated by Phil Liggett, who I hate as a presenter/narrator. Fortunately that motivated me to push harder on the turbo to try to will my bike+turbo forward to run the pr1ck over. Unfortunately I failed. Fortunately my laptop survived due to my failure. I'm not sure whether that counts as a victory or a failure overall.

When doing turbo sessions where I'm doing stints for specified time periods though, so basically I am watching various numbers, I find it hard to watch a DVD. For those sessions I listened to music instead. It came as quite a surprise to me to find that my ears sweat. A lot. I had trouble keeping the earphones in my ears. There, I've outed myself as an ear sweater now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

When doing turbo sessions where I'm doing stints for specified time periods though, so basically I am watching various numbers, I find it hard to watch a DVD. For those sessions I listened to music instead. It came as quite a surprise to me to find that my ears sweat. A lot. I had trouble keeping the earphones in my ears. There, I've outed myself as an ear sweater now :(

I've gone thru at least 4 pairs of iPhone headphones from sweating them to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

There, I've outed myself as an ear sweater now :(

I'm another self confessed ear sweater, you're not alone! I bought them sennheiser/addidas sweat resistant wrap around headphones....used them once. Don't really like listening to music out on the road. And prefer to have music turned up loud when I'm on the turbo (to drown out any unusual noises that come out of me).

Sufferfest videos are great on the turbo, have used a few of them now and I reckon they'll make up a good chunk of my training come January/February if the weather doesn't allow road spinning. Not sure I'd use them to their full extent on rollers though, I do value my life somewhat...

Ear sweating?

/me never looks at cycling forum again

• Advertisement

@buffalo, You're just in denial, embrace your ear sweating (and join us in De Nile).

cdaly_ wrote: »

His hairdo in 2007 or back in the day? If the latter - kudos! Watched it in Dun Laoghaire and it was a bit like a MAMIL convention but without the lycra - if you get my meaning. Volume was way too low but maybe they thought they had to go gentle on whatever hearing we have left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Coulda been a bit louder last night. ;)
    Ya mean ya forgot the hearing aid. :D Seemed to get louder as it progressed tho.
    His hairdo in 2007 or back in the day? If the latter - kudos!

2007 hair. Been a long time since I had hair back in the day colour. Great fun cycling helmetless; it kinda flares out like a flag... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

It's Friday.

I'll just put this here........inside Ferrari's camper van :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Bus drivers and passengers are talking about cyclists here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056779290&page=21

if anyone feels like weighing in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bus drivers and passengers are talking about cyclists here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056779290&page=21

if anyone feels like weighing in.
    No need, I have some rusty needles here I can just jam in my eyes now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Is it a bird......

.....is it a plane

no it's a.......

Superman Inspired Skinsuit

yours for only $149.00

Superman%20Skinsuit.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

G3TqC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

We need to find this listening device, and quickly. It's in here somewhere :eek: There are lots of things in here that posters might not wish to come out, most recently, the above post!!!
    A conversation apparently captured by a listening device in Dr. Ferrari’s camper concerns what Scarponi may have needed to win the Giro d’Italia.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/scarponi-hits-back-at-dr-ferrari-accusations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    We need to find this listening device, and quickly. It's in here somewhere :eek:
    It may be too late!:eek:
    They expected to formally conclude their investigation in a month’s time and so the full details will soon emerge.

Went to Corkagh Park today with my daughter to watch some cycling, and we headed to the pet farm afterwards. We went over to see the sheep and goats but they all immediately pegged it over to the opposite side of the enclosure 'cos someone was flaunting a carrot at them over the fence. Mr Carrot seemed to be having great fun keeping the carrot just out of reach while the sheep were clambering over each other trying to reach it.

My daughter was intrigued so we headed over. We were a few metres from the frenzy when one of the sheep decided it had had enough carrot teasing and threw itself over the fence. Mr Carrot uttered an enthusiastic "Jaayezuss Kerr-EYE-ESTTT!" as he threw himself backwards with a facial expression that I'd associate with someone facing the onslaught of a zombie army, or a particularly large and hairy spider. All machismo and dignity was lost as he stumbled back against his quite calm partner and young child.

Meanwhile my daughter had adopted a different facial expression, one that suggested she'd just heard a very interesting expression and was storing it away to repeat at some inappropriate time later. Great. Anyway, the sheep, enjoying its newly found freedom, quickly lost interest in Mr Carrot and headed towards us instead. Mr Carrot regained his composure and with a manly swagger he lobbed the carrot into the enclosure, said "Fookin' sheep, wha'! Stupid fookin' thing", and laughed. Then he made a prompt beeline for the toilets, suggesting that perhaps he got a greater fright than he was conveying, and left the sheep to wander free. A right charmer.

Children's attractions, that's where all the action is, where men are sheepish, and sheep have taken as much as they are willing to take.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Children's attractions, that's where all the action is

:eek:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

16471L.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

7QUYUl.jpg

Completed a Wexford Wheelers club spin for the first time this morning (second attempt), delighted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement