Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth Fitness Band €13.90 Delivered

Options
  • 25-12-2014 1:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

First off a very Merry Christmas to everyone on BA!

I found something I think is interesting, it's a Bluetooth smart fitness band device.

I'm interested in it for step tracking but it seems to be able to notify you about incoming calls, probably other notifications too and can act as an alarm clock.

Not sure about the alarm clock aspect though as I'd be a heavy enough sleeper. It seems to connect over Bluetooth to an android device and then has an app for accessing its data.

Anyway for just shy of €14 delivered I said why not, looks grand and should work fine for step counting!

Link: Gearbest not allowed

Delivery as always will be about 3 weeks, hope some of you will find it of use.

Happy Christmas and all the best for 2015! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

interesting
    may end up paying an extra fiver on ebay (feedback works better than with Chinese stores when if the product doesn't arrive they don't help as much as a shop with a negative in ebay)
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xiaomi-MiBand-Smart-Bracelet-Wristband-Android-Calls-Remind-Tracker-Bluetooth-BO-/291298731186?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d2c1e4b2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

On both sites you'd be covered by PayPal anyway and they're the ones who I believe does all the resolution should anything happen.

They're always grand to deal with though.

had to request 3 refunds from dodgy chinesse sites in a few months and paypal (none was more than $20-30, one was less than a fiver) blocked me for buying anything more expensive than €20 for 2 months on all sites, not going through paypal anymore for claims, if I don't receive something after a month a negative feedback in ebay is usually enough for the seller to offer a full refund

quilmore wrote: »
    had to request 3 refunds from dodgy chinesse sites in a few months and paypal (none was more than $20-30, one was less than a fiver) blocked me for buying anything more expensive than €20 for 2 months on all sites, not going through paypal anymore for claims, if I don't receive something after a month a negative feedback in ebay is usually enough for the seller to offer a full refund

Oh wow really? That's the first I've heard of them actually blocking future purchases!

GearBest, TMart, AliExpress, AliBaba, DHGate, the likes of those I can personally recommend as I've purchased off them many many times.

You just have to be careful with AliExpress due to the third party sellers.

Either way I think this is still a great little device to test!

not blocked all together but limited to a small ammount at the time for a while
    mind you, alibaba and aliexpress are kind of ebay, they're a portal for others to sell, so experiences may depend on the seller's quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They obviously thought you were up to something fishy with all the refunds.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

Looks cool, and it's Xiaomi brand. Think I will get one in as my first gift for 2015 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Looks like a great purchase to kick off the fitness regime for 2015.
    Good reviews here and also some handy tips in the comments section

http://m.androidcentral.com/xiaomi-miband-review

Didn't know it was XiaoMi!

Even better so!

Can't wait to give this a go and start my New Year's resolution....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

Ordered this along with a number of other items(11 in total) from gearbest.com with free delivery to parcelmotel but wondering do people have any experience in getting goods from them. Want to know do they send deliveries in one batch or are they sent in seperate deliveries similar to amazon as don't fancy paying for 11 parcel motel deliveries @ €3.95 a time.

Emailed their customer service dept last week but no reply

• Advertisement

If there's customs fees due on the items then parcel motel won't accept delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

just ordered one there, hopefully its decent/delivered:) cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

Going to take a punt on this. For 14 quid, well, not the end of the world if it doesn't work out. If it works out as half as good as the last thing I bought from Gearbest (the Landvo phone that I'd say half of Boards.ie Bargain Hunters jumped on) then I'll be a happy camper...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Is there much of a difference between this and http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/sony-smart-band-swr10/239146/4.42

just out of interest, has everyone who bought one got KitKat minimum. doesn't work on jellybean. only reason I'm not buying. would need a phone upgrade to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

RossieMan wrote: »
    just out of interest, has everyone who bought one got KitKat minimum. doesn't work on jellybean. only reason I'm not buying. would need a phone upgrade to use.

I bought a fitness band for €14 and need to spend a few hundred to have a phone to make it work......you don't need an excuse to upgrade...honest:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

thanks OP ,just bought one.No big loss if its not great.For 14 quid its worth the gamble.

I know I don't need an excuse, just waiting for the jaiyu s3 to come into stock.

yabadabado wrote: »
    thanks OP ,just bought one.No big loss if its not great.For 14 quid its worth the gamble.

No problem! I'm eagerly awaiting mine.

New Year, new me and all that bs :pac:

mytime wrote: »

good point, i wonder! think everyone is taking a punt regardless:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

mytime wrote:
    Is there much of a difference between this and

The Sony smart and that advertises itself as being compatible with certain HTC and Samsung devices ????

Way to sell the Sony brand :v

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Nice one OP. Just ordered one. Can't go much wrong with €14!

sector_000 wrote: »
    Nice one OP. Just ordered one. Can't go much wrong with €14!

That's my way of looking at it too, for €14 it isn't half bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

RossieMan wrote: »

Ya I have the RedMi Note and can't download the App so won't be buying.... I'd buy if Xiaomi roll out the Update as promised :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone know if this will work on iOS I searched the App Store and found this app

But in the description for the device on the website it says currently only works on android 4.4 and iOS app is coming.

小米手环 by Anhui Huami Information Technology Co., Ltd.
    https://appsto.re/ie/n_Z83.i

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyone know if this will work on iOS I searched the App Store and found this app

But in the description for the device on the website it says currently only works on android 4.4 and iOS app is coming.

小米手环 by Anhui Huami Information Technology Co., Ltd.
    https://appsto.re/ie/n_Z83.i

According to this article it looks like it will work on iOS
    http://blog.nextbuying.com/ios-version-xiaomi-miband-arrived-apple-app-store.html#comments

would this work on the new nexus 9? its os is android lollipop.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mjp

Went and bought a more expensive band from same site as thought this was android only and not compatible with I phone. Above reviews seem to state differently

zweton wrote: »
    would this work on the new nexus 9? its os is android lollipop.

click the link in the post I submitted above as all the details are there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

How does this compare to the sony smartband posted in BA carphone warehouse are selling?

Advertisement