Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 Tablet - €44 from Meteor (with CeX trade-in)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

no discount now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Will be going into CEX tomorrow to sell the phone, so from what I read they are going to tell me there is no headphones with it and offer me €5 euro less.

Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Seems to depend on where you go. Newbridge gave me the €46 this morning no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Seems to depend on where you go. Newbridge gave me the €46 this morning no problem.

Same with tallaght yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Too late anyhow. Box is landfill now. Ah well. I feel I've done well from the overall from the deal. As I said the meteor store manager next door agreed. I know him so called in and gave him the sim card. Haha. That's where he showed me the tablet for over €100.

I've put office pro and McAfee enterprise onto it. The only small issue I have is the screen size and I can't seem to pinch and Zoom. Maybe I'm not supposed to be able to but my fat fingers find it hard to press small icons.

Why are you putting McAfee on it? Widows 8 and higher have a built-in Defender included. Its an upgraded version of Microsoft Security essentials. No other security app needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

sweetie wrote: »
    Westmoreland CEX tried the headphone trick on me too but stood my ground and said they had broken the seal so they must have the headphones. got the full value

I said the same to them. "You opened it so if they're not there then it's down to you" to when he said "oh they're not included with the 530s" when I then had a back n forth about how a cat A could exist in that case. I was fighting a losing battle.

I'm glad to hear another store tried the same thing so it shows it's an internal policy of theirs for head phones. Who would actually use somebody else's earbuds anyway. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Stillorgan gave me the €46 yesterday.
    I'd left the box in with them sealed the day before to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Pablo1802 wrote: »

Looks good. Would this fit the Linx 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

€69.99 now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

No hope, as its a molded shell specifically for the TAB 3 size.

Galaxy dimensions are:

209.8mm x 123.8mm x 7.4mm

Linx 7:

191mm x 109mm x 8.5mm

So there is quite a bit in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

neacy69 wrote: »
    €69.99 now

For just the tablet or for both phone and tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

For just the tablet or for both phone and tablet?

Tablet on its own....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Is this tablet worth picking up for €69.99 in CPW ?
    Will be mainly used for browsing, comics, and streaming from my PI NAS

Jhcx wrote: »
    I've encountered this problem when switching to the desktop or using chrome so I've up'd the display layout from 120 to 150% making everythin slightly easier to touch

How does one do this? Couldn't find it anywhere this morning with my chubby fingers!

will56 wrote: »

If your not in a hurry i'd wait for a deal on the 8" version. Finding the 7" a bit small for navigating sites/clicking on links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Lidl have a wireless keyboard & mouse set on offer for €20 next Monday. Might do the job. http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=19937

You'll need to have the receiver plugged in on the USB OTG cable. Better off with a bluetooth set. Or a bluetooth keyboard/touchpad combo.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    How does one do this? Couldn't find it anywhere this morning with my chubby fingers!

Hold on desktop -> screen resolution -> make text and other items larger or smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Exactly what J O E said. You will have to go to custom size though as the screenot gives you warnings and only small size once that's done it will open the options for medium and large but set your own percentage. Anything bigger than 150 makes items a bit too large to display all information comfortably on screen without scrolling a lot. adjust it yourself to match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Is anybody having problems connecting to a TV? I have tried a couple of cables but get no display. I have tried duplicate, extend display nothing shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

There is also this program, called TouchMousePointer (check google, cannot post link), that might help a bit if you are facing difficulties with the small screen/size.

It helps by making part of the touch screen into a track-pad that controls a standard cursor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

will56 wrote: »

I personally prefer a 9 or 10 inch tablet for comics tbh. It's fine for the everything else though.

Went up to Cex in Westmoreland Street at lunchtime - they said they had no money in store to buy products and offered me a voucher. Went to Liffey Street and they offered me the full €46.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

SteM wrote: »
    I personally prefer a 9 or 10 inch tablet for comics tbh. It's fine for the everything else though.

Went up to Cex in Westmoreland Street at lunchtime - they said they had no money in store to buy products and offered me a voucher. Went to Liffey Street and they offered me the full €46.
    I bet they had a sh*tload of Nokia 530's for sale though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

dodzy wrote: »
    I bet they had a sh*tload of Nokia 530's for sale though:D

The minute he saw the box in my hand he told me they had no money :) The lad in Liffey Street said 'ah I've seen a lot of these recently'. I just shrugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Yesterday at lunch time was 7 available online, today 24 and moving up. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Mine arrived just before noon. Meteor emails were buried under newsletters folder in email.

Have updated windows, 70 odd patches, and installed VLC and kodi 14.1.
    Works much better than I expected playing back both local video files and streaming the usual kodi addons.
    Well worth the price. Would make a better alternative to most android boxes if hooked up via HDMI to tv.

No problems trading phone for 46 in CeX in Galway. Took 1 hr to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got €46 today in Tallaght. Delighted with the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭blarney_army

No got one today and its too small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Is the Lumia 530 any good need a new phone and was just wondering?

• Advertisement

J o e wrote: »
    Hold on desktop -> screen resolution -> make text and other items larger or smaller

Just done this now and it really makes a world of difference. Defo keeping this tablet now.

Advertisement