Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linx 7 Windows 8.1 Tablet - €44 from Meteor (with CeX trade-in)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

godtabh wrote: »
    I had a lot of problems dealing with them and delivery. Got sorted but took weeks
    I think its An Post's fault in this case i.e. they tried to deliver to a commercial premises at 8.00 AM :mad:

The phone is now in An Posts "Depot" so I dunno whats will happen next. I'll try mailing Cex but reports on here would indicate I'll be waiting for a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Also phone is €49.99 on meteor so let's hope CEX get yours sooner than later otherwise they'll ammend their own pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Also phone is €49.99 on meteor so let's hope CEX get yours sooner than later otherwise they'll ammend their own pricing.
    Thats worrying me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭SteM

Impressed with this tablet so far. Have installed Kodi and various addons and they all work really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I received my delivery today. Happy with the tablet. Was unsure whether to hold on to the phone but gonna go to CEX after work and trade it in. For the spec its a great phone but Im happy with my HTC at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

As someone else said it takes about Cex about 30mins to test the phone. Guy in Cex Newbridge asked for ID so might be better to bring some. Was still €46 as of this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Kat1170 wrote: »
    As someone else said it takes about Cex about 30mins to test the phone. Guy in Cex Newbridge asked for ID so might be better to bring some. Was still €46 as of this morning.
    Something I just posted on a thread for the HP Stream 7, and is valid for the Linx 7 / 8 tablets.

The free Office 365 Subscription you get with the tablet sets itself to Auto-Renew by default. Be sure to check on the Office site to cancel auto-renew your subscription after 1 year (costing €69.99)

Link: https://stores.office.com/myaccount/home.aspx

EDIT
    Noticed that Paul Thurrott posted a handy way to update your Office 365 personal to an Office 365 Home subscription for $9.99. URL="https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/office-365/847/tip-convert-office-365-personal-office-365-home-just-9-99"]Link[/URL.

The difference being that Personal is for installing on 1 Tablet and 1 PC (or Mac), Home is for 5 Tablets and 5 PCs (or Macs).

Not all CEX are giving €46. Limerick say it's a category b because there's no headphones. It doesn't even come with headphones. Would they listen to reason? No.

Price offered was €41 instead. Means the tablet was €49. Well worth it because the meteor next door was selling the tablet for €114.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

That's a bit surprising bit unfair when it doesn't come with headphones. Decided to sell my own privately

Ran into a smallish problem with the tablet. The screen ran blank, I pressed the power button then it powered off. Don't actually know if it was powered down. Holding the power button refused to respond to come back on. but was charging alright. Gave it another try again pressing the button multiple times and it came back on. Just heads up if anyone else runs into the problem

Guy in CEX handed me back the box and I looked at him baffled. Said we don't take the box of a cat b phone. It's lunacy and I told them that it's stupid to take a new phone and bin the box irrespective of whether the computer says so and this is after I took he €41. Usb leads, manuals box and everything handed to me which just ended up in a council bin outside.

Aside from the fact it's unfair to advertise a phone as a category a when, by that shops reckoning it doesn't exist, it's bad business to throw away boxes etc when they could sell it as new. Now they cannot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

CeX on Westmoreland street were grand , took the box and all , got 57€ credit and used it against another phone in there. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Placed an order yesterday evening for tablet and no email from Meteor.
    Is it normal to hear nothing until they despatch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Guy in CEX handed me back the box and I looked at him baffled. Said we don't take the box of a cat b phone. It's lunacy and I told them that it's stupid to take a new phone and bin the box irrespective of whether the computer says so and this is after I took he €41. Usb leads, manuals box and everything handed to me which just ended up in a council bin outside.

Aside from the fact it's unfair to advertise a phone as a category a when, by that shops reckoning it doesn't exist, it's bad business to throw away boxes etc when they could sell it as new. Now they cannot.

They're very strict on the fact that they don't sell new, if something is brand new in a sealed box they will open it and sell it as pre-owned.

That said calling it cat b. when there cannot ever be a cat a based on that logic is just plain silly. I would say you just got a difficult staff member really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭long_b

I'd be interested in any USB cables people aren't using - don't bin them whatever you do, Nokia cables are traditionally some of the best quality cables going

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well, I ordered the tablet this evening and got a confirmation email 5 mins afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

anyone know if you can get a keyboard on this that you can swipe to type? or set the keyboard to appear automatically when you click on a field to input text?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

68508224 wrote: »
    anyone know if you can get a keyboard on this that you can swipe to type? or set the keyboard to appear automatically when you click on a field to input text?

Lidl have a wireless keyboard & mouse set on offer for €20 next Monday. Might do the job. http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=19937

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭T-Bird

www.touchpal.com/en/downloads.html#win8

Swipe for Windows.

Problem with phone can't post link properly, but Google touchpal

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

long_b wrote: »
    I'd be interested in any USB cables people aren't using - don't bin them whatever you do, Nokia cables are traditionally some of the best quality cables going

nokia-lumia-530-hands-on-03.png
    The charger with 530's is a fixed lead rather than usb and no data cables come with it either, sorry :o

Whatever anybody looks at it CEX are losing €10 of the RRP because they had the contents and box dumped. Cat A is €85 and Cat B is €75 RRP. I lost €5 but they lose €10. They're own internal stupidity or local errors. Either way it's put me off using them a second or further time in the future. Can't magically invent headphones that don't exist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Whatever anybody looks at it CEX are losing €10 of the RRP because they had the contents and box dumped. Cat A is €85 and Cat B is €75 RRP. I lost €5 but they lose €10. They're own internal stupidity or local errors. Either way it's put me off using them a second or further time in the future. Can't magically invent headphones that don't exist.

Some regions came with headphones with the 530 so that's probably why they made the mistake. If it should have had headphones included the logo would be on the underside of the box.

Too late anyhow. Box is landfill now. Ah well. I feel I've done well from the overall from the deal. As I said the meteor store manager next door agreed. I know him so called in and gave him the sim card. Haha. That's where he showed me the tablet for over €100.

I've put office pro and McAfee enterprise onto it. The only small issue I have is the screen size and I can't seem to pinch and Zoom. Maybe I'm not supposed to be able to but my fat fingers find it hard to press small icons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did you get a confirmation email at least?
    took a day or so for the dispatch email to arrive for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Too late anyhow. Box is landfill now. Ah well. I feel I've done well from the overall from the deal. As I said the meteor store manager next door agreed. I know him so called in and gave him the sim card. Haha. That's where he showed me the tablet for over €100.

I've put office pro and McAfee enterprise onto it. The only small issue I have is the screen size and I can't seem to pinch and Zoom. Maybe I'm not supposed to be able to but my fat fingers find it hard to press small icons.

I've encountered this problem when switching to the desktop or using chrome so I've up'd the display layout from 120 to 150% making everythin slightly easier to touch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Westmoreland CEX tried the headphone trick on me too but stood my ground and said they had broken the seal so they must have the headphones. got the full value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,890 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Any wizzard in here manage to run Windows 10 on their Linx 7 yet?

Missed my DPD delivery this morning :(

Rescheduled for tomorrow...

Advertisement