Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post Your Pet Pic (DON'T QUOTE PHOTOS)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Well, Sam tried her hardest to get comfy in JJ the cat's bed.

83FCD3D8-78AC-453F-B8F6-960A3C830302-1411-000001089752F0BE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Cream followed my dad into the bathroom when he was having a bath. My dad likes tormenting my cat with bubble bath!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Judging by Cream's face in that last photo, your dad needs to be afraid. Very afraid. Cream is clearly plotting his demise.
    :eek:

@Twee, I think Sam is wearing that bed rather than lying in it! Hilarious photo :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

DBB wrote: »

@Twee, I think Sam is wearing that bed rather than lying in it! Hilarious photo :)

She's gas thing! Needless to say the cat was disgusted and spent ages sniffing the bed before getting back into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Twee. wrote: »
    Well, Sam tried her hardest to get comfy in JJ the cat's bed.

QUOTE]

What is it with greyhounds/ lurchers? Mine is convinced that he can sit and curl up on me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Just chillin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pensive/posing Rufus

13730_10200130945334171_1545749577_n.jpg

Here's my two relaxing after a good run around the fields today...

71549_10151345285514429_961647476_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yoke getting some tlc and cuddles since getting his tail amputated last week!

235500.jpg

He's like the polar opposite of grumpy cat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Awh, why did he have his tail amputated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Hooked

Poor Hugo made his first and hopefully last trip to vets yesterday. The E collar/cone is depressing the life out of him. A necessary evil unfortunately... after an elective operation that we simply had to have done despite his otherwise great health. Tough week ahead for us but the bikejoring gear has been ordered for when he's back to himself next month. I don't know what to do with myself as we are so used to exercising him. Poor Hugo...

A8366422-49B5-4892-9ECE-15437C2C69FC-1525-0000010398A38CCD.jpg

Awh, why did he have his tail amputated?

When he strayed into us a few months ago he had a wonky tail that looked a bit rough, but it seemed healed. Just after Christmas we noticed it was weeping so we brought him in to have it chopped. When he arrived we couldn't get him interested in playing or anything, so we assumed he'd just been neglected as a kitten. The turnaround is amazing, now that his tail is off and presumably whatever infection etc is cleared up he's a different cat. Bundles of energy! It's great to see actually. :)

He's a gorgeous cat! :D

Also, your hamster is such a cutie :)

Why thank you! They're both spoiled rotten. :D

This is Pepper. She's lonely because she lost her friend Salt on Saturday. :(

pepper.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Yoke

Brilliant name.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

@Hooked
    Whereabouts on Hugo's body is the operation wound?
    Just wondering if the inflatable collar would stop him being able to root at the wound, they are soooooo much better than buster collars from the dog's mental wellbeing point of view! I always thing the buster collars can be worse than the operation itself!

This sort of thing: http://reviews.petco.com/3554/100555/procollar-procollar-premium-inflatable-protective-collar-reviews/reviews.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lola just after waking up for a drink a few nights ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Hooked

DBB wrote: »
    @Hooked
    Whereabouts on Hugo's body is the operation wound?
    Just wondering if the inflatable collar would stop him being able to root at the wound, they are soooooo much better than buster collars from the dog's mental wellbeing point of view! I always thing the buster collars can be worse than the operation itself!

This sort of thing: http://reviews.petco.com/3554/100555/procollar-procollar-premium-inflatable-protective-collar-reviews/reviews.htm

Hey DBB...

Thanks for the reply. The wounds are by his scrotum and along his abdomen due to neutering of one descended and one undescended (and internal) testicle.

While we wish we had thought of other options (I even tried sewing an old hoody in the shape of a coat tonight), its day 3 tomorrow and he's just about used to the cone. With such a long muzzle, hed surely get at the stitches using an inflable collar. As a husky - he's probably missing his daily self grooming routine more than he's noticing the pain or stitches.

Luckily he is crate trained and not allowed on furniture or upstairs generally, so (as a well exercised Husky) he's only missing his excercise routine and is eating and drinking very well, though noticeably not himself.

My partner is at home all day this week and I'm at home from 5.30 till bed so he at least has constant company and lots of love and attention to help him through. No crying or attempts to go at stitches - so fingers crossed!

Thanks all the same for your advice. It's really appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BlueJohn

Girlfriends dog as a pup called lexi
    1zd5bav.jpg

and her now
    k4z76r.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭too little too late

235733.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

What a fab photo too little too late. Your dogs are absolutely gorgeous and are obviously great with kids! Are they difficult to get here in ireland and im assuming they are expensive to buy?
    Would love to get one but it will have to wait a few years until im out of college and earning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭too little too late

angeldaisy wrote: »
    What a fab photo too little too late. Your dogs are absolutely gorgeous and are obviously great with kids! Are they difficult to get here in ireland and im assuming they are expensive to buy?
    Would love to get one but it will have to wait a few years until im out of college and earning:)

Thanks very much angeldaisy. My newfies are just amazing with kids. Below is a photo of my two kids with my newfies. And below that is my neice who has special needs with the Newfies, I honestly think they know because they are so gentle with her and never leave her side.

235749.jpg

235750.jpg

And (last one honestly) this is a favourite of mine, Kramer out swimming with us in Mullaghmore in Sligo on holidays! Its his favourite pastime!

235751.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Lol, hes like a big fluffy seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

They are like Bears too little too late. Just gorgeous.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Amazing dogs... thanks for the photos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Phoe was all rocked out, so decided he preferred the lyrics "Snoozing around the Christmas Tree"

Picture002_zpsb61983c9-1_zpsbb21d30d.jpg

Harley just noticed the tree.

Picture004_zpsadfbcadf-1_zps7c002579.jpg

He hadn't noticed earlier :/

Picture006_zpscaaade7a.jpg

Handsome Miller looking out the window.

Picture020_zpse2ce7a68-1_zps36fbea17.jpg

And VOGUE

Picture018_zps23bef894-1_zpsb7d61bcc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Aww I love millers little black chin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

two pics of Nasher and an old pic of the two cats I had tigger and socks

• Advertisement

Wow your dog is stunning! :D

Are you an Avenged Sevenfold fan by any chance? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement