Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Premier League PreSeason Prep

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

SlickRic wrote: »
    If these are the extent of your grievances, I think we're ok.

what about the bargains? 9.0 for Cesc for instance? Silva for 9.0?

people always expect to pick whoever they want at the start of the season. it's not how it works.

i've already seen people moaning about some of the prices for Ramsey, Ozil, Cesc, Sturridge. the game is a farce if the prices are so low that you can just pick who you basically want.

Silva at 9 is a bargain, fabregas is too injury prone and i think hazard is the main man there if he can find his form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ramsey 9.0 STEAL

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh well that's my productivity for the afternoon/summer out the window now :pac:

My first thoughts are that while a few of the players I'd had in mind like a good few of us eg Tadic/Trippier are over priced there is almost too much value in the game. 3-5-2 looks to be the way to go even though I'll always be a 3-4-3 man. Yaya at 11 will hopefully put people off him or won't and normal service will resume this season. Apart from that there's no real bank breakers like the phantom RVP/Bale conundrum of last year's pre-season.

Strikers are dirt cheap as are the midfielders. Defenders seem to have gone up a little reflecting the BPS from last season but bargains are still available.

There's still so many players to come in before we can really know what players will be playing in what system especially with the WC just over but hopefully pre-season will be a good guide.

Matt Targett of Southampton might get a chance at LB with Shaw gone and he's 4.0 so that's my early punt :P Now all we need is a certain someone to be signed by Crystal Palace under Pulis (making that up completely but a man can dream :pac: )

Also if Newcastle can sort out their defending then their defenders have great prices.

Oh it's good to have it back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Jamie Vardy & Ings or Vokes likely for me. (With the money then spent on midfielders: Sanchez & Fabregas are tempting.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gatame wrote: »
    Jamie Vardy & Ings or Vokes likely for me. (With the money then spent on midfielders: Sanchez & Fabregas are tempting.)

Vokes did his cruciate out till the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This is some midfield for 41 million:

Fabregas - 9 mil
    Silva - 9 mil
    Sanchez - 10.5 mil
    Odemwingie - 6.5
    Sigurdsson -6.0

Michu available at 7.5 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

4-4-2 the formation to go for??

I think it is or even 4-5-1. If bonus points are similar i think defenders will still possess value in that regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lemlin wrote: »
    Debuchy at 5.5 could be a decent option when his move to Arsenal goes through.

Looks like he has been priced with the Arsenal move in mind. Gibbs is the same price and the rest of the Newcastle defenders are 4.5. He will be a definite option if the Arsenal move does go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Go go go its live!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

And...

It's back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Will have a proper goo when I'm home but Erikson at 8m is the Ramsey of last season. He's the man at Spurs, only problem is the lack of a quality CF since Soldado just imploded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Will this be there year that the three starting strikers which the vast majority have favoured over the last few years stops and the focus swings to midfielders? I think it will.

You've got the likes of Sanchez, Fabregas, Silva, Ramsey, Yaya, Walcott, Hazard et al. In comparison, there appears to be so many question marks over the elite strikers. Suarez is gone obviously, but can Sturridge lead the line in his absence? Can Aguero stay fit? etc etc.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Will have a proper goo when I'm home but Erikson at 8m is the Ramsey of last season. He's the man at Spurs, only problem is the lack of a quality CF since Soldado just imploded.

There are so many good mids it's going to be hard to pin them down to five. I picked five above and I had forgotten about Hazard and Eriksen.

Paully D wrote: »
    Will this be there year that the three starting strikers which the vast majority have favoured over the last few years stops and the focus swings to midfielders? I think it will.

You've got the likes of Sanchez, Fabregas, Silva, Ramsey, Yaya, Walcott, Hazard et al. In comparison, there appears to be so many question marks over the elite strikers. Suarez is gone obviously, but can Sturridge lead the line in his absence? Can Aguero stay fit? etc etc.

Could well do. Its certainly going to be a more interesting season. Last year it really became a 10 player game (more so than when the majority were going RVP in previous seasons) this season we should be big variety of captain picks should mix it up nicely.

In the words of Martin Tyler....

..."and it's live!!"

:)

UFPL also live went a little under the radar there with all the fuss of the main game!

Lol you need to enter your passport details for UFPL!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

First thoughts;
    Dzeko 8.5m take that thank you,
    Remy 7.5m decent,
    Chambers for Southampton
    Sanchez obviously going to be popular
    Sakho 5.5 up ya boyo
    Tom Ince 5.5 could get interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Team ID number 1814. My lowest in a few years

FPL I got 168 down a good bit on last years 20! In UFPL got 35.

Does the Irish Passport have a 44 digit sequence on the bottom of the ID page? I have a UK passport and that is the number you need to enter as proof you are over 18.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »

Can't seem to remember how to get my team ID. Could you refresh my memory?

Thanks

Vertonghen at 6 is quite nice too, he was completely priced out of things last season. Although he could be off to Barca or somewhere else

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Can't seem to remember how to get my team ID. Could you refresh my memory?

Thanks

Gameweek history and its in the address bar.

Vertonghen at 6 is quite nice too, he was completely priced out of things last season. Although he could be off to Barca or somewhere else

Yeh 6 for him looks very good one of the first players I picked out!

jimmii wrote: »
    Gameweek history and its in the address bar.

38... Guess I was a bit keen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I better dig out the passport. How much will the ultimate game set me back?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Ideas on GK? was thinking Krul myself saw him mentioned, very tempted by de gea. think utd will keep a lot of cleanies this year.

I better dig out the passport. How much will the ultimate game set me back?

Five of their british pounds.

KevIRL wrote: »

3266 I got.

• Advertisement

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Ideas on GK? was thinking Krul myself saw him mentioned, very tempted by de gea. think utd will keep a lot of cleanies this year.

DDG/4m and Krul/Mannone seem the front runners at this stage. Haven't looked into it a massive amount yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

jimmii wrote: »
    Five of their british pounds.

I've a 5 pound note in the wallet from a trip to england a few weeks ago. I'll post it on to them :pac:

I've a 5 pound note in the wallet from a trip to england a few weeks ago. I'll post it on to them :pac:

That and a copy of your passport should do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

First draft:

Krul (Mannone)
    Debuchy Jones Azpi (Dummett, Chambers)
    Sanchez Fabregas Eriksen Arnautovic Henderson
    RVP Dzeko (Zamora)

No Yaya, Silva, Ramsey, Ozil, Mata...so many options!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

3266 I got.

6787 for me :(:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Interesting to see some of the prices and draft teams here. Gonna try and hold off logging in for a few days, as I know once I do I won't be able to stop tinkering!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Put in a random team. Not going to look at it for a while yet.

Who am I kidding :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

3266 I got.

I got 3060 - Did I win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Anybody for Krul/Schmeichel? @ 4.5m each - Leicester have some very tough games at start of season but newcastle have better fixtures during those game weeks.

What promoted players are we looking at?

Leicester - Morgan @ 4.5, Schmeichel @ 4.5, Drinkwater @ 5.5
    Burnley - Ings @ 6.0, Arfield @ 5.0

Jason Puncheon or Charlie Adam? both @ 6.0 - Have Puncheon for now because of the more favourable fixtures.

And how much do we reckon Costa will be? Have sturridge as my marker for him as of now @ 11.5...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Most my money is going on midfield. Just too much quality there for it not to. Think ill be playing 4-4-2 for the first time in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

First of many drafts :D

2cnwh2e.png[/IMG]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Imagine how much of a bargain Kagawa could potentially be at 6.5m?If LVG can get his form back to his Dortmund days we are talking a 9-10m player here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Imagine how much of a bargain Kagawa could potentially be at 6.5m?If LVG can get his form back to his Dortmund days we are talking a 9-10m player here
    Evil Kagawa likes this post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any idea what the Manchester United first choice defense will be this year? I presume they'll sign a CB, but for now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yay. Looked in here last night for the first time since before the World Cup and lo and behold FPL is back today.

Well ready for my second season now, hadn't found this forum till after season started last year so looking forward to all the gems you lads will point me towards.

Hard to beat a wee break. Let get started.

What do people think of RVP's value and is he likely to be in a any of your week 1 teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Jaysus it didn't take long for this place to get lively again.:D

be897ba98e6a5ba0a624d8af69e331ae.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Vermaelen at 5 million is a bargain if he goes to United.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Anyone thinking about Siem de Jong? Only 7.0m mid who can play striker; he may even be on free kicks and penalties. Scored in their friendly yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Ramsey will be an absolute certainty for my team, got that feeling about him! Oh, and,um, hey again :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Midfield options are ridiculous this year, feels weird having to go with budget strikers :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

First draft, happy enough with it.

a6186c42e399d72aeb37676cadf82ba0.png

Krul and Mannone - cheap rotating keepers

Cahill, Shaw, Debuchy - decent options for the top teams assuming Debuchy moves to Arsenal

4 premium mids that should rack up big scores

Rooney - a seasoned veteran at this stage
    Remy - at 7.5m is perfectly priced and could move to a bigger team
    Gomis - don't know too much about him but had a pretty good scoring record in France

• Advertisement
Advertisement