Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

dec2000 wrote: »
    yabadabado - I got my invite to purchase but already did via an invite you shared with me earlier on the thread.

What's the process to get the invite to the next person - should i contact them myself or is everything going through you? I got the invite about an hour ago so I guess 23 hours left for it to be used.

You can PM the next in line and offer it to them.Just post up here whoever uses it and we will update the list.Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

dec2000 wrote: »
    Thanks, wasn't sure of the 3 hour piece - Zagato has been PM'd - will move through the list if I don't hear back from him

good man! love the kindness to give it back to the community. I saw a guy from Cork trying to sell an invite on DoneDeal for €75! Reported it and got it taken down. :)
    yabadabado wrote: »
    You can PM the next in line and offer it to them.Just post up here whoever uses it and we will update the list.Cheers.

quick question on getting a pm about an invite, if you miss it in the hour window do you go to the bottom of the list again?

blocparty wrote: »
    good man! love the kindness to give it back to the community. I saw a guy from Cork trying to sell an invite on DoneDeal for €75! Reported it and got it taken down. :)

quick question on getting a pm about an invite, if you miss it in the hour window do you go to the bottom of the list again?

Its up to the person sending the PM but if its only 24hrs you can't afford to give too much time.
    No the person who missed the allotted window hasn't been getting put to end of the list but people who don't reply to a PM within 24 hrs are supposed to be removed from the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

yabadabado wrote: »
    Its up to the person sending the PM but if its only 24hrs you can't afford to give too much time.
    No the person who missed the allotted window hasn't been getting put to end of the list but people who don't reply to a PM within 24 hrs are supposed to be removed from the list.

great, thanks for that. that is probably a fair way of doing it, would be a shame to see invites going to waste

could be an idea as well to move those who have already recieved an invite to a different part of the spreadsheet, if i was giving out an invite I would have went for the person under Ste05 as I would have thought the others in between have missed previous invites etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

my invite has been shared with bazery as Zagato did not reply to my PM.

• Advertisement

I'm still a bit fuzzy about all this....is there any way to tell when I might get an invite? Not being impatient (I realise people are doing a favour) but I just want to make sure I have the €360 ready when the time comes.

I'm near the bottom of the list so I think I can relax for the time being!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Basically no idea. people are getting invites but most of us who got them around the same time are still waiting on those ones. No idea on the wait or how long it will take. if you are down near the end though others will be asked until someone takes one and so forth. its when oneplu start sending the rest of them out to those who bought them is probably around the the time this thread will close, as everyone will pretty much have an offer to buy one. but you never know it could be in a few hours if those before you dont answer

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

There's also another competition on the forum to win one of 10,000 invites...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

I'm still a bit fuzzy about all this....is there any way to tell when I might get an invite? Not being impatient (I realise people are doing a favour) but I just want to make sure I have the €360 ready when the time comes.

I'm near the bottom of the list so I think I can relax for the time being!

Ignore me :)

Oh right! The OP says "358" though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

Oh right! The OP says "358" though.

Sorry, you're right. it was £278gbp.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Cheers for invite. Not at home yet but will be buying when I do good man yaba and dec

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone buy it from oppomart? €348 delivered
    http://www.oppomart.com/oneplus-one.html#

Like myself I am waiting for awhile and may go this route lol.

ronanc1000 wrote: »

Check out the OnePlus thread.a lad bought it from eglobal and seems happy with them.No customs charges

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/oneplus-one-4g-lte-16gb-cyanogenmod-version-ohne-simlock-entsperrt-schwarz-en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

ronanc1000 wrote: »

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Oneplus-One-Plus-One-64GB-3GB-4G-LTE-FDD-Android-4-4-Mobile-Phone-5/1939506316.html

same price, but shipped from the UK so no customs

OK so what's the catch? Shipped to Ireland for €365 and, according to the seller, from an EU location!

It looks too good to be true!

OK so what's the catch? Shipped to Ireland for €365 and, according to the seller, from an EU location!

It looks too good to be true!

Seller has excellent feedback overall and on that item, people confirm its sent from UK. Looks true to me :)

I'm sorely tempted but wary. Have you ordered one from there?

I'm sorely tempted but wary. Have you ordered one from there?

Nope but I'd say its 100% safe. Aliexpress is like ebay, has buyer protection etc and the seller doesn't get the money until you confirm its received and in order.

The only catch really is that its the Chinese version which has been flashed with CM11s. There is no cyanogen words on the back cover (as it comes with color os by default in china) and OTA updates might not work. Other than that its the exact same phone and you receive it exactly as you would if buying direct from OPO

List updated

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    Nope but I'd say its 100% safe. Aliexpress is like ebay, has buyer protection etc and the seller doesn't get the money until you confirm its received and in order.

The only catch really is that its the Chinese version which has been flashed with CM11s. There is no cyanogen words on the back cover (as it comes with color os by default in china) and OTA updates might not work. Other than that its the exact same phone and you receive it exactly as you would if buying direct from OPO

Couldn't give two hoots about no "cyanogen" on the back. The lack of OTA updates is a whole different kettle of fish however. I've been doing a spot of reading on reddit and there's a lot of people saying the updates work fine. Hmm decisions, decisions. Patience is a virtue, seldom in a woman and never in a man.

Also I see from the Chinese phones thread you're rather notorious for your predilection towards aliexpress! Not that there's anything wrong with that. Moreover it probably makes you more qualified.

Couldn't give two hoots about no "cyanogen" on the back. The lack of OTA updates is a whole different kettle of fish however. I've been doing a spot of reading on reddit and there's a lot of people saying the updates work fine. Hmm decisions, decisions. Patience is a virtue, seldom in a woman and never in a man.

Also I see from the Chinese phones thread you're rather notorious for your predilection towards aliexpress! Not that there's anything wrong with that. Moreover it probably makes you more qualified.

They could work fine, I was just assuming as its not unusual for OTA to not work on imported phones.

I say go for it if you cba waiting.

I like aliexpress that's all, nothing sinister :D. They usually have the best prices and all the sellers feedback is out in the open, unlike stores that operate their owns sites where you have to guess if they are legitimate or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Could I please get added to the invite list? Thanks a lot.

list updated

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Hi,

Can i be added to the list?

Cheers
    Karl

List updated

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

Can I please be added to the list?

Might be worth doing for people waiting on invites.10000 invites to be given out.
    http://oneplus.net/se/summer-shots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Add me please

• Advertisement

cadger1978 wrote: »
    Can I please be added to the list?
    |
    Can you read the first post please?

Advertisement