Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Comments

spix wrote: »
    Nope but I'd say its 100% safe. Aliexpress is like ebay, has buyer protection etc and the seller doesn't get the money until you confirm its received and in order.

The only catch really is that its the Chinese version which has been flashed with CM11s. There is no cyanogen words on the back cover (as it comes with color os by default in china) and OTA updates might not work. Other than that its the exact same phone and you receive it exactly as you would if buying direct from OPO

Couldn't give two hoots about no "cyanogen" on the back. The lack of OTA updates is a whole different kettle of fish however. I've been doing a spot of reading on reddit and there's a lot of people saying the updates work fine. Hmm decisions, decisions. Patience is a virtue, seldom in a woman and never in a man.

Also I see from the Chinese phones thread you're rather notorious for your predilection towards aliexpress! Not that there's anything wrong with that. Moreover it probably makes you more qualified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Couldn't give two hoots about no "cyanogen" on the back. The lack of OTA updates is a whole different kettle of fish however. I've been doing a spot of reading on reddit and there's a lot of people saying the updates work fine. Hmm decisions, decisions. Patience is a virtue, seldom in a woman and never in a man.

Also I see from the Chinese phones thread you're rather notorious for your predilection towards aliexpress! Not that there's anything wrong with that. Moreover it probably makes you more qualified.

They could work fine, I was just assuming as its not unusual for OTA to not work on imported phones.

I say go for it if you cba waiting.

I like aliexpress that's all, nothing sinister :D. They usually have the best prices and all the sellers feedback is out in the open, unlike stores that operate their owns sites where you have to guess if they are legitimate or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Could I please get added to the invite list? Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

list updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Hi,

Can i be added to the list?

Cheers
    Karl

List updated

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cadger1978

Can I please be added to the list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Might be worth doing for people waiting on invites.10000 invites to be given out.
    http://oneplus.net/se/summer-shots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Add me please

• Advertisement

cadger1978 wrote: »
    Can I please be added to the list?
    |
    Can you read the first post please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

so who is next in line........???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

iwantthat wrote: »
    so who is next in line........???

my guess would be Zagato but im not sure

i think the doc could be clearer, moving all those who have gotten an invite already to the right hand side of the spreadsheet would help, as would a strike column for people being offered an invite but not executing on it, so we can manage people who are inactive and move them to the end of the list

EDIT: looking back, Zagato got a PM about an invite but didnt respond in time. not sure if he responded within the 24 hour deadline, if he didnt he's supposed to be removed from the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 davelawlor

Hi, if someone hasn't used boards that much, ie. me, Am I basically shunned for an invite. Be as blunt as you like!

OK folks,I have updated the list.
    On sheet 1 I have removed anyone who has received an invite and now there is a copy of the original sheet 1 showing everyone who was on it.
    I hope that clears up any confusion ,anyone who is on Sheet 1 is still waiting for an invite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

davelawlor wrote: »
    Hi, if someone hasn't used boards that much, ie. me, Am I basically shunned for an invite. Be as blunt as you like!

You got it in one!!

From the first post

"A few conditions which will hopefully keep the system as fair and transparent as possible.
    *You will be added to the list by your post here,first come/first served(no PM's)
    * You must have been a boards.ie member before May 2014 and have a minimum 50 posts.This is to keep the invites to boards user's and prevent smash n grab."

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Hi lads

You can remove me from the list. Decided to order Chinese version from Ali express.

Will post details etc when I receive it in the owners thread.

Cheers.

I am still unsure... Who is next in line. Maybe the mod can clear it up and i will pm that person with an invite.

Next 2 people in list are dubal and tipgirl
    Can you guys pm me. Please.

The link to the list is on #1.

Zagato is next inline.

Do you have an invite to pass on ?

Yes. I have three of them. One is kinda reserved for someone but i might give that away too. So for now i have two of them to give away. The previous poster said zagato did get an invite but never replied so i assumed I will just go to next two people.
    yabadabado wrote: »
    The link to the list is on #1.

Zagato is next inline.

Do you have an invite to pass on ?

• Advertisement

Yes. I have three of them. One is kinda reserved for someone but i might give that away too. So for now i have two of them to give away. The previous poster said zagato did get an invite but never replied so i assumed I will just go to next two people.
    he just didnt reply witin the 3 hour time frame the poster gave him.
    PM sent

Ok. So i will wait for the pm from the next two in line till tomorrow morning. Else next two people.

he just didnt reply witin the 3 hour time frame the poster gave him.
    PM sent

Ok. So i will wait for the pm from the next two in line till tomorrow morning. Else next two people.

Perfect and cheers for passing on the invites.

Is there long left to claim them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

add me pls

thanks

Sent pm to first 3 people. I have two invites. Gave them till 12 tomorrow noon. If they replied else next 3 people.

It says 6 days before they expire.

I might have 3 more invites as i bought 2 of these bad boys. But when i don't know. Anyway as I promised in my previous posts, i will give them away here.

Perfect and cheers for passing on the invites.

Is there long left to claim them?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Fair play for passing on the invites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Can I get added to the list please.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Can I get added to the list too please
    thanks

Invites accepted by Dubal and Tippgirl passed on by Iwantthat.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

invite used from Iwantthat, Thanks so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

OK - Maybe I am lucky but after giving yabadabado the first invite to kick all this invite thread off I have somehow gotten another one to pass on :)

I cant access Google Docs in work so I cant see who is next in line. Can someone PM me the details and I will pass on this invite too as I cant afford to purchase at the moment.

BTW it says in the email
    To use this invite, please follow this link to claim it as yours (you have less than 24h to do so) and I got the email 18hrs ago so whoever gets the invite needs to act quick

Aodhagan next inline .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

I love this community! :)

seems to be moving along nicely as more and more invites hit the ground!

tomorrow could be a monster day with the 10k invites coming on stream for the photo contest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Have sent él statutorio a PM asking did they want an invite, will let you know if he gets back to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I sent Aodhagan and El statutorio a PM with invite but neither replied so I gave the invite to WezzyB

My invite had a tight expire date on it so needed to be acted on ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I just got another invite to hand out who's next on the list that's gonna use the invite

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

I think I am in next one or two so ready to go if an invite is going.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Pm incoming

got an invite
    Sending a pm to Oregato then nonoperational if they dont want them. Apologies to nonoperational for missing you. new glasses :(

• Advertisement

Nonoperational is next inline folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Ah crap. Sorry - I skipped him. Got an invite from safetyboy and ordered.

Thanks Safetyboy and sorry I skipped. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Got a 24hr invite direct from OnePlus so I have sent Nonoperational a PM offering it to him/her.

If I don't hear back by 11pm, I'll PM whoever is next on the list.

Got a 24hr invite direct from a member here so I have sent dango a PM offering it to them.

If I don't hear back by 11pm, I'll PM whoever is next on the list.

Dango removed from list.Invite offered to naughty4 and sebcity.naughty4 has first refusal.

OREGATO just sent me a message saying he cant take the invite. ill go to the next person on the list ;)
    ionapaul

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭gripcasey

Great to see invites rolling out. I'm like a child waiting for Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭heinervb

Can you please remove me from the list as i got impatient and ordered a nexus 5.. Great work though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Can't wait to hopefully gain an invite :-D

I have PM'ed a few people letting them know I have an invite to pass on ,I went in list order but if its not taken by 11pm,I will give it to whoever is online that's the highest on the list.
    I have to head out at half 11 so it going to someone before then.

EDIT:Invite passed to ronanc1000.Highest on the list who was online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

**** son! I'm here, if it's free and I can jump the queue I want it :D

Misread that last message, great to see the invites and list moving all goes same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Can I get on the list? Would love to get one of these phones to play around with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement