Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA League 1 Head to Head

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

dahat wrote: »
    34-34 with Gerry Hat tricks and it will come down to a straight fight between...

Pelle (me) vs Wellbeck

Both of us had Aguero as captain.

come on danny welbeck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

come on danny welbeck :D

All nerves today. Need Costa to fail and Pelle to score big...

All nerves today. Need Costa to fail and Pelle to score a big fat 0...

FYP for you :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Down 46 - 35. My Costa & Fab vs his Costa, Pelle, Clyne & Ade. It's not looking good :pac:

i think that welbeck booking costs me a point by a point :(

i think that welbeck booking costs me a point by a point :(

Think so...delighted as I lost a h2h last season by the same way.

Think so...delighted as I lost a h2h last season by the same way.

Devestation here at the gerry hattrick arena, the international break gives us a chance to regroup and hopefully come out stronger after it.

Congratulations dahat btw, i will be looking for revenge next time we meet. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I need Fabregas to get a bp and Chadli to get no bp to get something in my tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

A magnificent win for the Wastamonies over second place Kilburn Kids. Delighted after 3 weeks of abject failure and zero luck.

jebforever wrote: »
    I need Fabregas to get a bp and Chadli to get no bp to get something in my tie.

Well Chadli got no bp but neither did Fabregas so I lose out by a single point; 64-63. Gutted with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

HighClass wrote: »
    Down 46 - 35. My Costa & Fab vs his Costa, Pelle, Clyne & Ade. It's not looking good :pac:

Delighted that I held on to win 61-51. It was all about captains and my choice of di maria got me over the line.

Best of luck in the rest of the season(except when we meet of course:)).

Like every other saturday, im throwing the towel in already.
    Congrats Fowler87, your Tadic (c) has me battered, bruised and dejected and falling to the bottom of the table i do believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Like every other saturday, im throwing the towel in already.
    Congrats Fowler87, your Tadic (c) has me battered, bruised and dejected and falling to the bottom of the table i do believe.

Marathon not a sprint. Felt the same after the early kick off (Aguero) but the differentials come into play if you keep with this craic for the season. Im sure you'll pick a few 'Tadic's before the season finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I lead ItsChecoTime 75 (will become 73) - 60 but it's not over yet. We both have Siggy and ADM with my Bardsley to his Wilson. But he also has Sterling and Falcao to my De Gea.

Incredibly he's been without Diego Costa since GW3 so didn't have that worry to contend with. I guess it's better to have the 13 point lead and make somebody chase but Falcao and Sterling have a better chance of doing so than most.

Best of luck, it'll go to the wire on Monday night.

I've won my tie against dahat. It's 67-61 at the moment and we both have Boyd on the bench to come in. Also the small matter of us having the same players left plus I also have Neil Taylor. Azpilicueta's sending off was the game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

I lead ItsChecoTime 75 (will become 73) - 60 but it's not over yet. We both have Siggy and ADM with my Bardsley to his Wilson. But he also has Sterling and Falcao to my De Gea.

Incredibly he's been without Diego Costa since GW3 so didn't have that worry to contend with. I guess it's better to have the 13 point lead and make somebody chase but Falcao and Sterling have a better chance of doing so than most.

Best of luck, it'll go to the wire on Monday night.

As you said no Costa since GW3 and therefore a terrible overall standing but starting to battle back now!

Your Southampton boys have put you in a good position but I'm still hopeful of Sterling and Falcao giving me a chance.

Best of luck to yourself too and commiserations on the Kevin Nolan transfer.. I started off the season with Soldado if it makes you feel any better!

I take the game 82 - 77. Falcao only getting the late run out helped me massively. A good thing the "assist" that wasn't wasn't the decider.

Best of luck in the weeks to come ItsChecoTime and I'll look forward to the 2nd game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

I take the game 82 - 77. Falcao only getting the late run out helped me massively. A good thing the "assist" that wasn't wasn't the decider.

Best of luck in the weeks to come ItsChecoTime and I'll look forward to the 2nd game :)

Well done Mr.P on the win! Pity Falcao wasn't started but what can you do, think I might be heading back into the relegation zone with that result.

Best of luck to yourself too, hope for your sake that by the time we next meet Kevin Nolan is long gone from your team!

we are top of the league, i say we are top of, oh wait...... i was looking at it upside down :(

• Advertisement

we are top of the league, i say we are top of, oh wait...... i was looking at it upside down :(

I'm sorry but I actually let out an involuntary snort of laughter there :pac:

Thing's will turn around I'm sure and you'll have the chance to do the double over me at somestage as some consolation if not :)

Two wins on the bounce. Things starting to look a bit more respectable now.

I'm sorry but I actually let out an involuntary snort of laughter there :pac:

Thing's will turn around I'm sure and you'll have the chance to do the double over me at somestage as some consolation if not :)

im happy to hear i bring a bit of comedy to the league at this stage seeing as im no competition to anyone at this moment in time, nor probably this side of the november international break :pac:

when the results start falling for me, (currently 10th if it was based on points), i could well be the one who affects promotions/champions nearer the end :)

im happy to hear i bring a bit of comedy to the league at this stage seeing as im no competition to anyone at this moment in time, nor probably this side of the november international break :pac:

when the results start falling for me, (currently 10th if it was based on points), i could well be the one who affects promotions/champions nearer the end :)

It was just the joke in the post I was laughing at :)

I've no doubt you'll be on the up soon. A few wins and you're right back in the mix.

It was just the joke in the post I was laughing at :)

I've no doubt you'll be on the up soon. A few wins and you're right back in the mix.

now i know how harry redknapp feels :pac:

Gerry hattricks propping up the table welcome top pf the table Brian is Gay to the Hattrick Arena this week, hopefully the curse of league leader strikes again, and bring an end to my 3 in a row losing streak

• Advertisement

I'm up against Mike Ehrmantraut this week. We both have Aguero captain. It's then his Sakho, Chadli, Ivanovic, Dier, Duff and Krul vs my Berahino, Siggy, Baines, Clyne, Chambers and Mannone. I think it will be very close and will probably come down to bonus points or a yellow card or two.

looks like im leading 32-26 overnight, of us had Aguero (C)
    My: Guzan, Hutton, Fabregas, Di Maria and Costa
    v
    Your: Mc Carthy, Baines, Chadli, Di Maria, Fabregas and Costa

Im going to need Lambert and Keane to have worked hard on clean sheets this week

The most picked players in our league this week would give you this team
    Mannone
    Clyne Chambers Taylor
    Siggy Di Maria Fabregas Sterling
    Pelle Aguero (c) Costa

i only have 6 of those

The most picked players in our league this week would give you this team
    Mannone
    Clyne Chambers Taylor
    Siggy Di Maria Fabregas Sterling
    Pelle Aguero (c) Costa

i only have 6 of those

I have 9 of those and I sold Costa and Taylor this week as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Hackers has me well and truely bet this week! 60 - 34, you got a really good score for the week that's in it!

Still searching for that 3rd win!

• Advertisement

I have beaten Mike Ehrmantraut on a scoreline of 53-31, thought it would be much closer. Should move up a few places into the Europa League spots. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gonna be very very close in my game with Gerry Hat Tricks. With the subs in, it's currently 44-41 to myself.

I either have McCarthy to play in goal tonight or Mannone to come in for 2 points, meaning I'll be on 46. They have Guzan and Hutton to play. A QPR goal could seal the deal, two would for sure once there's no assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Need a few save points from guzan or something from Benteke or I will lose by 1 point !

It looks like I claim a narrow victory over Weetabix this week. It'll be 38-35 to me when subs come in. A Cisse no show probably won it for me.

It also looks like each of the top 4 win again this week, pending some shocks in the 2nd half. The top 3 will be on 21 while I'll move onto 18 on my own. Keeping in touch with the front 3 now is the focus

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Yeah things worked out well for me this week. Had 2 FTs so brought in Sanchez & berahino for ulloa and di Maria. A bit of a risk but some times they need to be taken! Seriously considering making it 3 Chelsea attackers for next week, Hazard to join fabregas and Costa, sterling out
    HighClass wrote: »
    Hackers has me well and truely bet this week! 60 - 34, you got a really good score for the week that's in it!

Still searching for that 3rd win!

another defeat for the Gerry Hattricks, Santry Red sending me to 4 in a row

So I'm up against finnharpsboy this week and it's 5th plays 20th. The teams are pretty different but he seems to be down to a bare 11 with some of his players either injured or non-starters so that could count in my favour.

Fixtures for this week:

454896854d9a6da7edb587c4a034e790.png

4th v 7th as Mr.Prodston takes on my resurgent Wastamonies. Going for 4 wins in a row this week , Teams are pretty different so it'll be a very interesting match up.

4th v 7th as Mr.Prodston takes on my resurgent Wastamonies. Going for 4 wins in a row this week , Teams are pretty different so it'll be a very interesting match up.

I'll be looking to push up into the top 3 I'm afraid. The sooner I cement my promotion spot I can concentrate on winning the thing :pac:

We're actually pretty similar in midfield and up front bar my 2 Southampton lads. Your defenders will outscore mine going by the fixtures so it probably is down to what my Pelle and Tadic do away to Hull. Plus any transfers or hits made.

I wish you marginally less luck than me this week. A 1 point victory will do fine :)

I'm up against Brian is Gay this week.

Very similar teams and before transfers are confirmed it looks to come to these...

Tadic (me) v Chadli ( Brian is Gay)
    Clyne. v Bertrand

Really need this win to get a Top 4 position.

• Advertisement

Another win for me this week against finnharpsboy. That's 3 in a row for me now and steadily making ground on the leaders. Up next is Kilburn.

Unless PVA gets like -10 tomorrow I'll claim victory over The Neon Knight. I currently lead 46-44 with Coloccini's to come in and whatever PVA does. Keeping pace with the leaders and outpacing the chasing pack is important, especially as I'm going through somewhat of a rut.

Shelvey's red coupled with Coloccini's points off the bench for me proved decisive. Best of luck next week and onwards :)

I just realised that I'll make no ground this week as the top 4 look like they are all going to win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

You will beat me next week relegation free fall since I was top for first 4 weeks

kilburn wrote: »
    You will beat me next week relegation free fall since I was top for first 4 weeks

I'm not taking anything for granted. This game can throw up big surprises and I think that with the standard on show anyone can beat anyone else in a given week.

jebforever wrote: »
    I'm not taking anything for granted. This game can throw up big surprises and I think that with the standard on show anyone can beat anyone else in a given week.

Except me it seems :pac:
    Well done, you saw me off comfortably this week

Unless PVA gets like -10 tomorrow I'll claim victory over The Neon Knight. I currently lead 46-44 with Coloccini's to come in and whatever PVA does. Keeping pace with the leaders and outpacing the chasing pack is important, especially as I'm going through somewhat of a rut.

Shelvey's red coupled with Coloccini's points off the bench for me proved decisive. Best of luck next week and onwards :)

Nice job Mr.Prodston ...... again a very underwhelming performance from my lads results in defeat. Think some major surgery is needed over the coming weeks.

Up against Mike Ehrmantraut this week. Both of us are after Breaking Bad with -4 hits.

Good luck, would be great to see you back on boards a bit more again too :)

Trailing Kilburn 55-40. He captained Aguero so I think that he has the tie in the bag. Differences left are his Wisdom and Siggy vs my Sanchez, Foster, Chambers and Berahino. I'll be hoping for an Arsenal cleanie and Berahino and Sanchez wonder shows.

• Advertisement

Is the longest losing streak in the league coming to an end or am I to suffer more heartache.....

Leading Christy Browne by 5 with his mannone/krul, kaboul, chadli and siggy to go vs my krul, wisdom, chambers and sanchez

Advertisement