Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hazys wrote: »
    The non call by the refs caused the flag. Terrible call.

Tbh I don't blame Devey. If he let them get away with that, it wouldnt be the last time in the game they hit Brady after the play.

Saw Cutler getting shoved outta bounds a few weeks back. The Bears got the First Down and 15 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

It's not a blowout, but poor quality game. Bad Pats run-defense, non-existent Jets passing-offense. Pats leading while playing in 3rd gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Enjoyable first half so far. The Jets have really surprised me. Look a lot better than a 1-5 team.

padraig_f wrote: »
    It's not a blowout, but poor quality game. Bad Pats run-defense, non-existent Jets passing-offense. Pats leading while playing in 3rd gear.

I posted just as you posted this. I don't think it's a poor game. There's been no turnovers, few penalties, nice and competitive, some nice long drives from the Jets. I'd take more of the same in the second half.

Thought the Jets pass-rush would be better, haven't got to Brady at all in the first half.

• Advertisement

...actually, just looking at the stats there has been a fair few penalties. Must have got distracted for a few of those!

padraig_f wrote: »
    Thought the Jets pass-rush would be better, haven't got to Brady at all in the first half.

Yep, the Patriots have handled them easily. That said they've been rushing 3 and 4 from what I have seen, and haven't blitzed often.

poldebruin wrote: »
    Patriots have had the ball for less than 7 minutes in this half.

No surprise. The Jets want Brady off the field, knew they were always going to run against us. Doesn't help that our run defense is complete shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,556 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ah ffs, 17 yard run on the first play of the second half. Come on D get your ass in gear.

Wonderful stuff, run defense looks like it's getting worst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Patriots waste a Geno Smith turnover opportunity.. you only get 7 or 8 of them a game! :mad:

What is it about the Patriots every single time I bet on them?

And the reverse every single time I bet against them?

Sorry guys, this one's on me. :(:o

Billy86 wrote: »
    Patriots waste a Geno Smith turnover opportunity.. you only get 7 or 8 of them a game! :mad:

Throws an Int every game. But he won't be throwing one against our shyte defense.

Its quite simple, we need to score about 38 points here to win this thing. D cannot stop the Jets so we need a big score to win it and we won't be winning it by much if we score 38.:(

Chris Ivory earning his pay-cheque tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Jets have scored on every drive so far. :(

Defense looks worse than ever. Losing Mayo our play caller is a huge loss.

Just caught the tail end of that - more of the same from both sides it seems. I don't think the Patriots have stopped the Jets once tonight have they?

Amendola has been disappointing in the passing game, but he's had a few decent returns tonight.

Big 3rd down conversion there. Can't imagine the Patriots punting back to NYJ.

• Advertisement

poldebruin wrote: »
    Just caught the tail end of that - more of the same from both sides it seems. I don't think the Patriots have stopped the Jets once tonight have they?

Was a bit better from the Jets, Geno completed a few passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

First Jets punt with 2mins left in 3rd.

Finally, the defense stops a drive.

That's interesting about left footed punters. Never heard that before. Was that common knowledge?

Nobody passed any heed on it until we had our third one. Belichick says its just coincidence. some people suggest that he did it because most blocks come from the punters right side so he has a better chance of getting his kick off under pressure.

Nothing like Thurs night football to make you appreciate Sunday's. Bloody ads ads ads ads....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Another failed pass play on first down...run the ****ing ball

2nd/3rd and long everytime...ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Ah Julian, ya have to catch that.

That call on Browner was beyond a joke.

Hopefully nothing too serious for Geno.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    Another failed pass play on first down...run the ****ing ball

2nd/3rd and long everytime...ridiculous
    Vereen has 47yds on just 8 carries. Why not run it and have possession for a while??

Advertisement