Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

so did everyone have a good weekend?
    Just thinking about getting out of my bed now :) Need to pack a bag for my hols tomorrow and then maybe I'll sit in the sun for the day....oh the decisions!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yup! I certainly did, Cork was fun :)

Now to go for a run, then to pack my bag to head down to Galway... I'm seeing a lot of the country in a very short space of time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Unbelievable weekend, indulged in numerous sports apart from the unspeakable - cycling, tennis, golf, ice cream eating and beer drinking....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

christeb wrote: »
    Unbelievable weekend, indulged in numerous sports apart from the unspeakable - cycling, tennis, golf, ice cream eating and beer drinking....

i know 'beer drinking' is a sport..........

....but i think you're pushing it with 'ice cream eating'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I hate having the flu in this beautiful weather!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ehh.. Been to New York or Mexico recently?
    Or is it possibly hay fever?

Bally8 wrote: »
    I hate having the flu in this beautiful weather!!!

are you sure its the 'flu' ? they say you would'nt be able to type a post if it really was the 'flu' !!! ;) maybe man flu??? :D

Ha ha no out of Ireland trips for me recently. I thought it was hayfever first but it developed into full blown horrible flu over the weekend. Apparently its going round these parts. It's just soooo unfair-I want to be able to breathe properly..moan moan moan moan (I'm the worlds worst patient)

;) maybe man flu??? :D

Possibly...but Im missing a very important piece of anatomy for that to be true:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

are you sure its the 'flu' ? they say you would'nt be able to type a post if it really was the 'flu' !!! ;) maybe man flu??? :D
    Possibly...but Im missing a very important piece of anatomy for that to be true:D

Man-flu is more of a state of mind than anything else... I've plenty of female friends who suffer from man-flu i.e. they're wimps when it comes to being sick!

(Before I get killed, I get man-flu all the time!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭jlang

i know 'beer drinking' is a sport..........

....but i think you're pushing it with 'ice cream eating'
    Don't be so sure.

international federation

news article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

^ true, and I did eat a lot of it this w/e

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm with you on ice creme eating and beer drinking being totally valid sports, I'm just not convinced by golfs inclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

A Brain?? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ha ha no out of Ireland trips for me recently. I thought it was hayfever first but it developed into full blown horrible flu over the weekend. Apparently its going round these parts. It's just soooo unfair-I want to be able to breathe properly..moan moan moan moan (I'm the worlds worst patient)

I have the sniffles at the moment too. Damn sun, where is all the seasonal rain?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

How nice is the new apple lucozade, its like eating a mouth full of apple jacks, if you remember them.

Apple jacks were gorgeous, I must try that :)

were they like blackjacks ?

yep only nicer :D and no doubt produced by bulmers, get you hooked on the taste at young age :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I blame bulmers for ongoing stomach problems in my adult life, damn that refreshing apply goodness

• Advertisement

I tried the pear the while in Cork, beautifulllll :p

Kopparberg pear > Bulmers pear :pac:

Kopparberg pear > Bulmers pear :pac:

Oh still Kopperberg by a country mile and then at the end of the night you top it off with the calpol flavoured mixed berry one :D

The mixed berry one is awesome, it's as easy to drink as Ribena, but with a bit of a kick to it.

On another topic is it just me or are there any other parents who are addicted to calpol, my wife has started hiding it now so that when the kids need it, there is some there for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Woddle wrote: »
    On another topic is it just me or are there any other parents who are addicted to calpol, my wife has started hiding it now so that when the kids need it, there is some there for them.
    :eek:

Did you find the right car-park yesterday? Or were you lost in a Calpol haze?

:eek:

Did you find the right car-park yesterday? Or were you lost in a Calpol haze?

Cheers Krusty, yep I found it, DPs directions were spot on, only that he said at the end, that you will arrive at Loch Tay car park but I arrived at Ballinastowe. So in my silly brain I started thinking, this must be the wrong spot and how do I get down to the lough :D
    Very enjoyable leg, mostly downhill, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

.....said Cake....

Enjoy :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

where's my slice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

oh no... craving ignited :rolleyes:

Thats an awfully big cake for a 1 yesr old!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Two things.

A shop close to where I work is selling "old school" sweets such as refresher bars, drumsticks, fizz bags etc etc. Haven't seen these in years. Anybody else come across them recently ? It seems the 80s are back, recession and all. I've also had to book a dentist appointment :eek: Bloody refresher bars.

Secondly, did anybody check out the freak show that is big brother 10. Is it me or do some of the chicks look like dudes ! As monty python would say "she's a man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Two things.

A shop close to where I work is selling "old school" sweets such as refresher bars, drumsticks, fizz bags etc etc. Haven't seen these in years. Anybody else come across them recently ? It seems the 80s are back, recession and all. I've also had to book a dentist appointment :eek: Bloody refresher bars.

Secondly, did anybody check out the freak show that is big brother 10. Is it me or do some of the chicks look like dudes ! As monty python would say "she's a man"
    Your going to love this ....

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/chewy-soft-c-105_521.html?source=affwin

Wham bars.... I don't know how i've any teeth left.

the Boards.ie singlet makes an appearance on run direct running mag !! (if you can divert your eyes its located between the 'babes'.) looking good ,and so is the singlet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Two things.

Do they have those fizzy flying saucers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

the Boards.ie singlet makes an appearance on run direct running mag !! (if you can divert your eyes its located between the 'babes'.) looking good ,and so is the singlet.

where can you get this mag or is it accessible online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

MarieC wrote: »
    where can you get this mag or is it accessible online?

http://www.rundirectireland.com/june52945issue.html

its an online based mag... you can go to www.rundirectireland.com and register to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Woddle wrote: »
    I suggest woddle that you progress to the 6+ version of Calpol (and avoid the orange flavour - its nothing like the original) and don't forget that you can also take Nurofen at the same time without breaching your paracetamol limits. And for those times when you are on the go, perhaps before a race, dont forget the calpol 6+ fast melts that you dissolve on your tongue at the start line.

Do they have those fizzy flying saucers?

I need to check but I don't think they have any of the penny sweets of fizz saucers at the moment. Will put an order in though.

gerard65 wrote: »
    A Brain?? :D
    OH you are very very bold!!!

• Advertisement

Poxy weather. On the plus side I've had to cancel a bbq I committed to have last weekend but didn't really want to. Time to stop my rain dance :D

Also I am the worlds best girlfriend- I bought my boyfriend a helicopter flying lesson for his 30th and we went to Cork for it yesterday. It was fantastic- they allowed me and my daughter to come along for the flight too. Totally rocked.

Went to John Buckley's while I was in Cork and got kitted out for another while. Brilliant service, cant recommend them enough.

Just a quick one for the ladies: Lifestyle in the Jervis centre has Shock Absorber bras for a fiver at the moment... Got one yesterday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Why just the ladies? If I don't get back properly training again soon my moobs will need support...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭runningman1980

Why just the ladies? If I don't get back properly training again soon my moobs will need support...
    If you put your moderator hat back on, you may end up banning yourself through sexist or weight issue complaints

I'm sure they'd fit delightfully :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Oh to be back in La Zenia lying on the beach drinking cocktails instead of stuck in the office :(

bloody midges.

bloody midges.

+1 Nearly got eaten alive last night... Was only when I got home that I noticed the bites :(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

so who is it wearing the singlet?

uglyjohn wrote: »
    so who is it wearing the singlet?

Em... It's been mentioned once or twice that it's robinph with his babes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement